Quote:
Originally Posted by MAIDEN69 View Post
The double dins just don't seem to be marketed for SQ. Never a mention of anything of those sorts, at least that I can find. A double din would be better in this install as it is a Lexus LS400. A big sedan. A backup camera would sure be nice. Are there any known models to look at? Alpine? Kenwood? Pioneer?
Most of the best SQ cars in the world are not using a DEH-80PRS as their source. You're more likely to see OE head units, stand alone media players direct to a DSP, DD head unit from one of the big names, and in some cases the Sony RSX-GS9. If you're interested in an aftermarket DD for the feature sets they offer, there are decent options at varying prices from all of the brands you mentioned. I might throw Sony into that mix as well. I would recommend reading reviews on sites like this one and some of the better FB groups if you find a unit that "checks all of the boxes." There have been some instances that something that looks great on paper hasn't been up to par in the real world. And you'll rarely see that info in a review on sites like Crutchfield, Sonic Electronix or Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAIDEN69 View Post
Oh, and how is it cumbersome to use the sub level? Is it that you have to cycle through other functions to get to it?
ckirocz28 is correct. A minimum of two button pushes to get to the level control if it is the last place you navigated to within the menu structure. More if it was not the last place.