Don’t let PayPal give you any sense of false security. I noticed an amazing deal on a MacBook but there was like 4 minutes until auction end and I bid without thinking it through and not realizing the guy had 0 feedback. I thought, what the hell, worst case scenario I just get a refund and all is cool assuming PayPal would have my back. Word of advice.....everyone should be terrified that PayPal is a “trusted” banking institution. Long story short, guy sent package to same city but different address, eBay says item delivered at doorstep and lists the city as location. Clearly the package didn’t make it to me but PayPal was basically like “Maybe someone stole it off of your doorstep, it clearly says delivered”. I had to raise absolute hell on 5 separate hour+ phone calls to PayPal because everytime I’d raise enough hell to get a supervisor to resolve the issue and they’d assure me the money would be refunded, I’d wake up the next morning to an email saying my appeal had been denied and they were siding in his favor. What nobody knew was that my wife was friends with the mail lady and she went to retrieve the package to the phony address and actually went against code and gave us the actual package which had nothing but an Economics book inside. Being that the girl would lose her job and get in serious shit we couldn’t tell PayPal what happened or that we had definitive proof of a scam. PayPal put their top tier Investigation Team on my case to get to the bottom of things and I shit you not, PayPal is not authorized to make outgoing phone calls for their investigation. So their investigation team was the same as Habib answering telephones and checking delivery status through eBay tracking info. I wasted over 5 hours of my time as well as their employees time, and if I wasn’t on top of things like I was to keep forcing my case to be reopened the guy could have easily gotten away with my money using PayPal as a accomplice in the simplest, probably oldest, and insanely easiest to debunk scam there is when all of this could have been avoided with a simple 2 minute maximum phone call to the post master in my town for him to verify that it never went to my house which I actually had to drive to the post office and get a printed document to email to PayPal because they can’t make phone calls. Blew my freaking mind. Sorry for the long winded rant but people need to know who is handling their money and the mindless and ridiculous routine they have when it comes to actually having to look into something. I’d literally struggle with the option if given between sending money through a poorly trained legally blind monkey versus sending money through PayPal. Tough call....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk