DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Zapco DC software

9K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  tRidiot 
#1 ·
I own a Zapco DC360.4. My amp have been sitting in my basement for the last 10 years. I want to use it in my new truck but i tried to run the software I had V 1.32 and it doesn't work and start in demo mode only. I did try to download the 1.41 driver from the zapco website and it haven't solve my issue. I don't know why but I can't download the software from the zapco website. Anyone could help me ? I own a 1st gen Dc360.4 with symbilink

Other question , what is the base setting of the amp since I will use it with a dsp. Does I really need to have the software working to have my amp working or I'm just ****ed ..
Thanks

#2 ·
I have the DC656 and the DSP Z8, both use the same software. I'm not using the DC656 amp and I believe both pieces came with software disc's. I know the those work because I use it on the Z8. I have the boxes and the amp new in its box. This weekend I could go through the boxes and see if I still have an extra copy of the disc. I believe it will work on yours as well. Mau need to give Zapcos tech line a call to see. Shot me your email and we can see what we can do.
Best of luck.

#4 ·
Haven't messed with the amps and the software hints the DC656 still new in box lol, but I've had good luck with the Z8 DSP and the software.
What issues have you seen or dealt with on these?

#5 ·
First i downloaded the 1.32 software without running it. I did just the install. Then i downloard the driver and this work fine. Then i hook my amp to my laptop and open the software i have a message network not connected and it will be open in demo mode

#9 ·
In your device manager, under network amplifier, does it have a yellow triangle on the icon? If so, Windows hasn't installed the correct driver yet.

Just installed this software on Windows 10 yesterday for my DC500.1 so I may be able to help you out.

Does 1.41 work on windows 10?

I have a DC1100.1 that I am planning to use...

My laptop has windows 10 professional on it - was thinking of getting windows XP on it as a virtual OS with my windows 10 professional - but if windows 10 works then I won’t bother

Something about 32bit and 64bit OS that may cause issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Finally I gave up and sold my dc360 locally. I found a Ag650 for the same price. It solve my issue and it give me 2 more chanel to use with a 3 way set up. Thanks for the help guys ! Btw , I did tried to contact zapco a week ago and got nothing back from them...... What a crappy services.... I was looking at their DSP but **** off I wont spend 700$ on a dsp without having aftersale service or support !

#22 ·
Yeah! I got in! Got access!

Hell, maybe I should break out my old Z8 and see if I can get it to work again? This new Windows Surface Pro is so sweet, man.

And holy CRAP, but the settings on my amps were screwy! My midrange was so screwed up, and I didn't even notice how bad it was! It ALMOST looked like the curve and crossover points I had on my Anarchy mids in the Tahoe, but I can't fathom why that would have been stored in there??? Maybe that's why I've never liked my MW170s as much as I expected I would? I thought I had done some decent tuning on them, but hell no, they were ALL screwed up! lol

#23 ·
Yeah! I got in! Got access!

Hell, maybe I should break out my old Z8 and see if I can get it to work again? This new Windows Surface Pro is so sweet, man.

And holy CRAP, but the settings on my amps were screwy! My midrange was so screwed up, and I didn't even notice how bad it was! It ALMOST looked like the curve and crossover points I had on my Anarchy mids in the Tahoe, but I can't fathom why that would have been stored in there??? Maybe that's why I've never liked my MW170s as much as I expected I would? I thought I had done some decent tuning on them, but hell no, they were ALL screwed up! lol

Glad you got it working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
I tried to download it from the dropbox site but i can't download it. I did download the driver but when you reach the software it's impossible to download... i dont know why. I

#27 ·
PM me your email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.