DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Phoenix Arizona area - anyone else out here?

16K views 98 replies 14 participants last post by  jdunk54nl 
#1 ·
I recently moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and I don't see any competitions scheduled nearby. Are any of you over in this area? I miss having audio buddies nearby!

-JZ

#2 ·
I am but you already know that ;)....

We need to go rzr riding again soon....once the 100+ degree days go away or go up to the mountains!

#3 ·
Dude I have to share the photos from that trip with you.
Also, need to do that again sometime. I still can't believe how much awesome.

#5 ·
Live in Chandler, work in Mesa. Not much for competition around here in years. But the market is huge for people interested in great sound. It just doesn't seem like the competitions are wanted. The last promoter we had in the area was surrounded by controversy and everything just fizzled after that.

#6 ·
Justin, I imagine you've already looked in to it but just in case you haven't, you might want to dig through the old AZ meet threads and see if any of those folks are still active in the hobby by shooting them an email or PM through the site. I know some of the guys I knew in that area aren't active on the forums but I'm told are still in the hobby in one way or another. Maybe reach out to Don (buzzman) and see what he's up to these days; he seemed to be the nucleus for the area for a period of time.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/foru...ther-april-25th-2015-a.html?highlight=phoenix

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/12-volt-events-team-diyma/259393-phoenix-gtg-meet-greet.html

#7 ·
Hello Doug! I've briefly visited Mobile Solutions during a training and it is a super dangerous place, I could buy one of everything in that shop! I'm happy to see there is a lot of collaboration going on there and a lot of very high-level teaching too. Super classy stuff.

Hi vet883, send me a PM sometime if you'd like to swap stories or meet up for some ramen.

Erin, great idea and thank you for the links. I'll go see what Don is up to.

#9 ·
I'd love to join that meetup! Justin has my cell so Just let me know when....hopefully my truck will be out of the shop by then....

#14 ·
No worries!
I'm also happy with an informal get-together, no competition needed.

This Saturday evening sounds good!
I love food, so getting together for a meal is my favorite kind of speaker geekin'

How about 6pm at Ramen Dozo on the corner of McClintock and Southern in Tempe?

#15 ·
I will sadly have to miss. It is my friends and I's annual motorcycle trip this weekend.

#20 · (Edited)
Hey Justin, I'm not sure about competitions, but COO of Morel America, Casey Thorson, lives in nearby Chandler, AZ now. He's a super chill guy and has a great little system in his VW Passat. He usually goes to any local IASCA/MECA shows and other meets to demo & promote product.

EMAIL: casey AT morelamerica DOT com
(877) 667-3511 xt708

#21 ·
I believe Mikey Guthrie (Pro Audio S-10, Passat, S4 infamy) is in the area as well. I'm not sure how much he is on DIYMA anymore. He is somewhat active on FB again, if you're willing to wade into that cesspool. :D

#23 ·
bbfoto, thanks for the referral to Casey, I sent him a message.

rton20s, I don't facebook.

Doug, don't worry about your car. I'm mostly interested in some good Japanese food and meeting some new friends! There will be other dinners soon where we can see your car too.