Erin, Thanks for taking the time to provide us this detailed write up

I have a few questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
This gets me to #3: Equalizing the driver response. Now, to be honest, one should also take the time to pre-measure each active driverís response and then use broad strokes to flatten out any large peaks or anomalies seen. However, I didnít do this my first go-round because, frankly, I was too giddy at the thought of this new toy and I went straight to Step #4.... ...
With all of this in mind, you can understand why MiniDSP encourages us to pre-correct the response of the "speaker" before we run DL, especially when used in the car environment.
It's unclear, to me, if you ever went back and did some broad stroke driver correction?

Quote:
Step #4: Set up my crossovers for each speaker driver... A portion of Step #4 includes setting time delay....
Did you go as far as to align acoustic xovers up, at the listening position, so as to minimize phase issues in the xover regions?

Did you adjust levels and apply xovers so as to maintain a flat response from 20-20khz or to loosely follow the target curve you had in mind?

Also, when running the Dirac channel per driver measurement in order to obtain the delays - Were all the xover filters engaged?

Quote:
Here's the same screenshot but of only the DL targeted - modified Wisdom curve (orange) and the optimized response (green):

Would be interesting to see the actual measured response and how it aligns with the theoretical "optimized" response. Did you happen to take any after measurements?