DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Dynaudio Esotar 430

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Holmz 
#1 ·
What would be a good Watts to run these speakers ?

#9 ·
One is how much power drivers can "survive", and the other one is actual real life power demand to get correct tone balance....I have more than enough power on my mids, but I run them with only a friction of that power, same in my home system where I run my two pairs of JBL 2118 J with maybe 3-5 watts and it is loud and at full power my 2226 just cant follow with many times the power applied to them

#10 ·
Ha. Did you really measure 3-5w or was that number made up? You should've plugged it into a 10wrms amp and save money on amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Assuming VU is RMS watts, then the 2W RMS would still have peaks that are 20x higher.

So that comes out to about a 50W RMS amp in order to get 2W... and not be clipping.

One could likely run it a bit lower, or run it on a 75-100W RMS amp and then after that... more RMS watts are mostly bragging rights... as 1dB of headroom and 10dB are both headroom.

K pop is a moron, disregard most of what he says.
I am not a psychologist, but 10W RMS (excluding subs) would be about 100dB(A)... which is not quiet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.