Good ATV forums? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008   #1
-db
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 -db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough

Default Good ATV forums?

We have a utility quad, but are looking to get a sport quad now and I would like to find a good forum. Google turns up a bunch of different results.

Any recomendations?
-db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2008   #2

Rep Power: 157 Luca_Bratzi will become famous soon enoughLuca_Bratzi will become famous soon enoughLuca_Bratzi will become famous soon enoughLuca_Bratzi will become famous soon enoughLuca_Bratzi will become famous soon enoughLuca_Bratzi will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Good ATV forums?

I have a DRZ (Suzuki not Clarion ) and spend alot of time at thumpertalk:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/
Luca_Bratzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 181 8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice

Highlifter forum sport quad section

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/Spor...umid_28/tt.htm

ATV Nation
http://www.atvnation.com/forum/index.php?showforum=33

Nyroc
http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi?viewcat=38
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 555 Ziggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond repute

atvquadsquad is my favorite. http://atvquadsquad.com/eve/ubb.x?cdra=Y&s=7706027254
The moderators and members are extremely helpful and friendly... More utilty based -but some of them also have sport quads and I believe there's a forum titled "fast and furious" on there home page for the sporters...Then there are forums broken down by all manufacturers...

We own several quads and UTV's -and I find this site to be most helpful with all... Give'm a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
My phone makes and receives calls, and can tell me the news while I'm dropping a deuce... it works just fine for me.
'01 Silverado 2500HD ~HU: DXZ785usb ~amp:eD nine.5 ~mids:ID OEM 6.5 ~twtrs: Morel MDT29 ~Sub: Boston G5 12 (center console by "unpredictableacts")
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 monkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enough

atvriders.com

quadmagazine.com

What are you looking for? I'm kinda a sportquad guy...
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008   #6
-db
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 -db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough-db will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the links, I'll start looking into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
What are you looking for? I'm kinda a sportquad guy...
I'm looking to pick up a sport quad for me and need to research them some as i really know nothing about them.

The 2 that seem to keep popping up for me are the Honda TRX400ex and the Yamaha raptor 660. I'm trying to stay in the $2000-$2500 range and these seem to be around there for '00-'01 models. I'm not dead set on these, they just seem to be the most that I find forsale within my travel range.

I know I do not want a Banshee as I can't stand the way they look.
Old 04-10-2008   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 181 8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice

660 all the way

More power than the 400, reliable engine, and reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -db View Post
Thanks for all the links, I'll start looking into them.

I'm looking to pick up a sport quad for me and need to research them some as i really know nothing about them.

The 2 that seem to keep popping up for me are the Honda TRX400ex and the Yamaha raptor 660. I'm trying to stay in the $2000-$2500 range and these seem to be around there for '00-'01 models. I'm not dead set on these, they just seem to be the most that I find forsale within my travel range.

I know I do not want a Banshee as I can't stand the way they look.
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 monkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
660 all the way

More power than the 400, reliable engine, and reverse.
I beg to differ. Avoid the 01 Raptor at all costs. They were plagued with transmission failures. You may get one that has been updated, but I don't want someone else's repair job.

A 400EX is a dead reliable horse. I recommend it to a lot of people as their first sport quad. It takes a lickin and keeps on ticking. The only issue is that it's slow. An aggressive rider tends to out grow it quickly, give it to his girl/kid and buy something faster. A Z400/KFX400 may be a better choice if you want something with more potential for mods.

If you like to play hard, and potentially race it every now and then, I recommend you pile your pennies until you can afford a used 450. It's a much better long term investment if you want to ride fast. I have gotten good seat time on nearly ever sport quad out there, and from what I have seen, these are my recommendations.
Old 04-10-2008   #9
-db
DIYMA 500 Club

This will be my 1st quad, so the 400ex may be a good choice. My wife will be riding a Blaster for now, so this may work to hand down to her once we both gain more experience on them, then I could upgrade to something faster.

I like the looks of the Z400/KFX400, so those are options also. I just haven't seen any forsale around here.
Old 04-10-2008   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

The Blaster is a two stroke. A much more peaky powerband, and it's a 6 speed with a clutch. Depending on her riding style, she may be suited to a 250 EX better. No clutch, and a four stroke that is easy to putt on. The only problem is that they aren't too fast.

What type of riding do you do?
Old 04-11-2008   #11
-db
DIYMA 500 Club

We do mainly trail riding. We already have the Blaster and a Polaris Sportsman 500. She started out riding the Polaris and I was running the Blaster, then she learned how to ride it, now she rides that and I am on the Sportsman. The blaster was underpowered and to small for me (5'11"). The Sportsman is to big and bulky for any fun trail riding, it's great for just putzing around the woods on though.

Last edited by chad; 04-11-2008 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Wrong button wrong post, restored.... my bad
Old 04-11-2008   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 949 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

I agree on the Polaris all the way. My friend has one and we trail ride with it, I have a Kaw Prairie 360, which is also a slow ulti quad. The 360 WALKS the polaris in the woods every day but on the open stretches I get walked. For some reason the polaris just WANTS to go straight My wife loves our 360 and simply can't ride the Polaris, it just wears her out too bad.

In other words, don't rule out a utility quad for trail riding, you just have one that does not like the twisties But other than that I LOVE that polaris, it's a nice machine!

Chad

chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2008   #13
-db
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I recommend you pile your pennies until you can afford a used 450. It's a much better long term investment if you want to ride fast. I have gotten good seat time on nearly ever sport quad out there, and from what I have seen, these are my recommendations.

The pennies are there for it, I just didn't want to spend them. I found an '05 450r for $3500, so I may see about picking that up.

It's just hard for me to adjust to spending that for a quad, when I can buy cars in that range.
Old 08-04-2017   #14

Rep Power: 0 cornbreadman will become famous soon enoughcornbreadman will become famous soon enoughcornbreadman will become famous soon enoughcornbreadman will become famous soon enoughcornbreadman will become famous soon enoughcornbreadman will become famous soon enough

Definetely Thumpertalk or ATV-forum
cornbreadman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2017   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 122 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by -db View Post
We do mainly trail riding. We already have the Blaster and a Polaris Sportsman 500. She started out riding the Polaris and I was running the Blaster, then she learned how to ride it, now she rides that and I am on the Sportsman. The blaster was underpowered and to small for me (5'11"). The Sportsman is to big and bulky for any fun trail riding, it's great for just putzing around the woods on though.
You might also consider an 07/08 Yamaha Wolverine 450... its classified as more of a utility quad, but its plenty fast and handles well in our tight 1 acre single track with trees.
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement