Audible Physics XR3M-LE - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011   #1

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Audible Physics XR3M-LE

For test setup, procedures, and information on how the data was obtained see sticky here:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...tion-only.html
Do not ask setup questions in this thread. This thread is only for driver discussion.

To understand how to read the data, try here:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ion-plots.html

Driver Tested:
Audible Physics XR3M-LE (Limited Edition Ironwood Phase Plug):

Impedance and T/S Parameters:

Frequency Response at 0 degrees, 3dB scale:

Frequency Response at 0, 15, 30, and 60 degrees, 5dB scale:

Harmonic Distortion at 89dB:

Harmonic Distortion at 92dB:

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

Last edited by ErinH; 04-26-2011 at 11:30 AM..
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

"Authentic to the Music"

12V Company:
Melodic Acoustic
Position:
Founder/CEO

Rep Power: 195 Melodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Audible Physics XR3M-LE

Sorry Erin XR3M-LE with Ironwood phase plug.

Stock is Rosewood and yes the Ironwood is a little shorter then the Rosewood. The ironwood has the same profile as the AR3K coat Aluminum phase plug.

Mark Brooks
CEO/Founder
Melodic Acoustic "Authentic to the Music"
Melodic Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011   #3

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Ironwood, rosewood, hardwood, lead wood... I can't keep up anymore!

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 04-23-2011   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

"Authentic to the Music"

12V Company:
Melodic Acoustic
Position:
Founder/CEO

Rep Power: 195 Melodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Ironwood, rosewood, hardwood, lead wood... I can't keep up anymore!

Man i tell you, your going to find yourself on the bad end of a shank.

Mark Brooks
CEO/Founder
Old 04-23-2011   #5

Bikinpunk

Is there even such thing as a good end? lol!

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 04-25-2011   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 slade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enough

You said wood..... hmhmhmhmhmhmh

build log 08 BMW 135i
slade1274 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 196 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Watching this one as well....lurk, lurk.....

בטח אני בא בקרוב, אף על פי כן, בא מהר לורד ישוע
bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 282 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Wow what a nice driver Mark.

The impedance curve is pretty incredible. Lots of copper in all of the right places. Probably an underhung motor with a short winding height if I had to guess...or one really badassed overhung motor.

Flat FR curve indicating no real energy storage areas until way up there. The transistion to breakup mode from piston is pretty tame telling me that some serious thought was put into the metal cone of this driver.

Few bumps in the distortion profile where we go from piston mode to break up. With F3 and F5 being close to F2 you might find this to be at first listen a detailed sounding driver particularly in the mid treble range. Is it detail or is it distortion? Who cares if you like what you are hearing.

Nice speaker Mark.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

"Authentic to the Music"

12V Company:
Melodic Acoustic
Position:
Founder/CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
Wow what a nice driver Mark.

The impedance curve is pretty incredible. Lots of copper in all of the right places. Probably an underhung motor with a short winding height if I had to guess...or one really badassed overhung motor.

Flat FR curve indicating no real energy storage areas until way up there. The transistion to breakup mode from piston is pretty tame telling me that some serious thought was put into the metal cone of this driver.

Few bumps in the distortion profile where we go from piston mode to break up. With F3 and F5 being close to F2 you might find this to be at first listen a detailed sounding driver particularly in the mid treble range. Is it detail or is it distortion? Who cares if you like what you are hearing.

Nice speaker Mark.
Not bad at all Winslow, this is what you get when you design with your ears, not with a computer. But yes, on this model the cone was a big undertaking, Magnesium Alloy, Magnesium used in it's softer forum sort of like the old DLS Magnesium driver. I honestly wanted a driver that sounded like the 12m, but with more range.

As we all know I'm not a very technical type guy, as I still learning myself. But you are correct on the distortion figures this is exactly what my designer said it would look like, but would sounds great to most people ears. When I listened to the prototype I was sold.

Underhung motor is correct.

Mark Brooks
CEO/Founder
Old 04-27-2011   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 282 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

I'm far from an expert on these things, but your guy designing these cones...well, it looks like he knows his shit. Maybe you guys should start making cones for SB Acoustics...those things suck ass compared to the rest of their drivers.

I would be proud of these drivers (and the AR3Ks too).
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Roy Parsons Marine Centre
Position:
Head Mechanic

Rep Power: 0 sq-aristo will become famous soon enoughsq-aristo will become famous soon enoughsq-aristo will become famous soon enoughsq-aristo will become famous soon enoughsq-aristo will become famous soon enoughsq-aristo will become famous soon enough

i LOVE the look of that wood phase plug its the thing that even got me to look at this as most of the graphs and numbers usually go over my head. Erin you are doing a great job at testing, thanks for sharing the results, most of us don't have the tools required to test theile small parameters and rta measurement.

Brett
sq-aristo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement