Audible Physics XR6.5M - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011   #1

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Audible Physics XR6.5M

For test setup, procedures, and information on how the data was obtained see sticky here:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...tion-only.html
Do not ask setup questions in this thread. This thread is only for driver discussion.

To understand how to read the data, try here:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ion-plots.html

Driver Tested:
Audible Physics XR6.5M:

Impedance and T/S Parameters:

Frequency Response at 0 degrees, 3dB scale:

Frequency Response at 0, 15, 30, and 60 degrees, 5dB scale:

Harmonic Distortion at 95dB:

*** Special Note:
When testing this speaker I found that the distortion at 95dB was, indeed, legitimate. I tested at a few various levels and as you can see below, there is still an odd phenomena occurring at ~ 6-8khz. This seems to correlate with the primary frequency. The sound card gain inputs did not clip but came extremely close, which is what prompted me to test at a lower level (below).

I can, however, verify this occurred in multiple tests. What you see is exactly what I got with a voltage output required to drive the driver to 95dB, which was calculated from my measurement (and which almost exactly matches the mfg spec @ 1w/1m).
I'd hazard a guess that the 3rd order harmonic phenomena is tied directly to the frequency response in this region. As I sat in the room during one of the tests to make sure nothing was going on with the test setup to cause the occurrence, I found that the response in this region is very audibly high.

As backup, here's the limited bandwidth distortion at 90dB.
Limited Bandwidth Harmonic Distortion at 90dB:

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 311 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Audible Physics XR6.5M

Eager to read comments about those graphs...

Thanks Erin,
Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 282 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

I'm scratching my head at some of the results.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011   #4
req
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 196 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm. ill have to go over this a bit more.

req is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement