Alpine INA-W910 vs Alpine IVA-W505 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011   #1

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Alpine INA-W910 vs Alpine IVA-W505

Following along the same methodology of testing that I do with the other test units, I've tested the alpine w505 and w910 units for comparison purposes.
Here are other tests:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...s-testing.html
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...omparison.html

I tested the CD source and the ipod source and plotted the results of each source between the decks.

The test was done with a power supply in line. Signal from cd and ipod routed directly in to my m-audio audiophile 2496 sound card RCA inputs on my PC via the headunit's "Front" RCA outputs.
iPod file was .wav format (lossless).

CD as Source:
Summary:

FR:

Cross-Talk:

Dynamic Range:

THD:

IMD:

Noise:

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011   #2

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Alpine INA-W910 vs Alpine IVA-W505

iPod as Source:
Summary:

FR:

Cross-Talk:

Dynamic Range:

THD:

IMD:

Noise:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 06-23-2011   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 171 SSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enough

Wow! With all the hype associated with the 910 I expected it to whip the 505's butt.

THe CD section on the 505 is nice. The IPOD seems pretty good but I would rate it a push.

It looks like the used 505s just got an increase in resale value.
SSSnake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011   #4

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 255 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Erin, what ipod do you have? I'm willing to bet that the lineout from the dock into the aux in will measure better then the super duper "high quality USB input"

(This is the usb idevice test results on the w910 correct? I'm comfused cuz I see "analog" on the description)
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011   #5

Bikinpunk

"analog" simply means that it's analog (RCA) out of the headunit to the soundcard. IOW, no digital output to a processor or soundcard.

oh, newer gen ipod. 160gb.

Time Delay Calculator:

Last edited by ErinH; 06-23-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Old 06-23-2011   #6

Bikinpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSnake View Post
Wow! With all the hype associated with the 910 I expected it to whip the 505's butt.
me, too. the lack in resolution over the previous alpine unit is about 70% of the reason I'm sending it back. the other 30% is that the h800 flopped on me and without that, the 70% of the reason for getting rid of it became 100%.

It was most certainly a surprise given the fact that we were told here on the forum that the w910 was built with SQ in mind. Well, it may have a few crossover and t/a features, but the internals don't measure any better than the w505.... surprise, surprise.

Time Delay Calculator:

Last edited by ErinH; 06-23-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Old 07-02-2011   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 183 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
me, too. the lack in resolution over the previous alpine unit is about 70% of the reason I'm sending it back. the other 30% is that the h800 flopped on me and without that, the 70% of the reason for getting rid of it became 100%.

It was most certainly a surprise given the fact that we were told here on the forum that the w910 was built with SQ in mind. Well, it may have a few crossover and t/a features, but the internals don't measure any better than the w505.... surprise, surprise.

No surprise to me! I could see the blow sunshine up their ass from a mile away..... ........................ right jimmy speaker boy.

Rocking the ELS system in my Tech Package Acura
evo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011   #8
BNK
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 BNK will become famous soon enoughBNK will become famous soon enoughBNK will become famous soon enoughBNK will become famous soon enoughBNK will become famous soon enoughBNK will become famous soon enough

Any comparison if you connect them to a PXA-H900?
Any comparison to the reference 9965 or 7990?
Do you hear the difference in Dynamic Range?
BNK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 09G8GT will become famous soon enough09G8GT will become famous soon enough09G8GT will become famous soon enough09G8GT will become famous soon enough09G8GT will become famous soon enough09G8GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSnake View Post
It looks like the used 505s just got an increase in resale value.
If anyone is looking for one, I have one available. PM me for info.

Is there a definitive answer on what signals are sent out through optical on the 910? Just CD? IPOD?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2011 WRX Limited 4DR - Dark Grey Metallic
09G8GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNK View Post
Any comparison if you connect them to a PXA-H900?
Any comparison to the reference 9965 or 7990?
Do you hear the difference in Dynamic Range?
I think you are trying to split hairs here
trojan fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 someyoungguy will become famous soon enoughsomeyoungguy will become famous soon enoughsomeyoungguy will become famous soon enoughsomeyoungguy will become famous soon enoughsomeyoungguy will become famous soon enoughsomeyoungguy will become famous soon enough

kinda new here, i know this thread is kinda old.

so the w910 and h800 combo wouldn't work at all? i'm really having a hard time choosing between the w910 and w505 mainly because we all know w505 is kinda old compared to the w910
someyoungguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement