MiniDSP: An excellent alternative! - Page 14 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 164 94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to 94VG30DE

Default Re: MiniDSP: An excellent alternative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDubYa View Post
I have been reading up on these and my question is this, I want 3 active up front with sub in rear, I already have and AC dqx and really want this for the TA aspect...anyone know which would be best? I am not opposed to using the mini dsp and totally diconecting the dqx and using the mini dsp for it all...I just want to make sure I have the time alignment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarpio View Post
The 2x8 minidsp can handle everything you need (EQ, TA and XOVER), you can ditch the audio control unless you are using it as a line output converter as well. And even then, I think there is a version of the 2x8 that can handle line input but please don't quote me on that.
You could do away with the DQX. You should be able to do a pair of 2x4 OR a 2x8 for what you want to do. The miniDSP forum should be able to answer any other questions you would have as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit_ View Post
Well, if there's anything we've got extra of in New Zealand, it's sheep...
94VG30DE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 109 MDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura aboutMDubYa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94VG30DE View Post
You could do away with the DQX. You should be able to do a pair of 2x4 OR a 2x8 for what you want to do. The miniDSP forum should be able to answer any other questions you would have as well.
Thank you! I guess I didn't realize there was a miniDSP forum, but I do now!

Gladen XL's, Helix c63c's, Helix DSP... Waiting to be installed
MDubYa is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 cflannery will become famous soon enoughcflannery will become famous soon enoughcflannery will become famous soon enoughcflannery will become famous soon enoughcflannery will become famous soon enoughcflannery will become famous soon enough

Purchased a minidsp 2x4 with 2 way advanced plug in to upgrade the system in my 2000 Blazer from 2way + sub to a 3way + sub configuration. Have a Pioneer P880PRS that I have been using to run an active 2way + sub system. Now using P880Prs to cross subwoofer & tweets, set midrange output to bypass & running it through minidsp to bandpass midbass & midrange drivers. The 2x4 along with the miniDC isolator work perfectly, no noise or turn on/off pops & the mini offers tons of control for the mids & midbass. Installed the minidsp inside the center console where the OEM cassette player was originally mounted with a panel mounted USB connector to access the board. Extremely happy with this purchase. Unit arrived 9 days after ordering. E-mailed with a question to minidsp site & got reply within 2 hours. Excellent customer service.
Want to say thanks to Bikin and all who have contributed to this thread. Now I'm gonna go tweak my PEQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minidsp1.jpg (53.8 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg minidsp2b.jpg (55.5 KB, 131 views)

2000 Blazer P880PRS 2x4 Minidsp Arc XEQ RF P400-4 RF P400-2 RF P200-2 JBL 6.5 midbass Tang Band W3-1364SA mids Vifa XT-25 tweeters Dayton RSSHF10 sub
cflannery is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 cheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enough

so given price all the same the minidsp is better than PXE-H650? i am watching both of these so i asked.

cheebs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 analogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
Crap! I must be somewhat illiterate. I bought mine along with the "4way PEQ Crossover" plugin and I just realized that it IS NOT stereo despite the presence of two input channels. Luckily, I think all I need is a different plugin to run a stereo 2-->4 crossover and PEQ setup such as the "2way PEQ Crossover". Duh. At least I'm only out $10.
I don't understand. If there are two inputs, why isn't it stereo?

Couldn't input 1 be used as the left channel and input 2 as the right channel? Or does the "4way PEQ Crossover" plugin require that both inputs receive the same signal (i.e. both left or both right)?

Say I wanted to do a 4-way setup using 2 miniDSP 2x4s... Couldn't I input a stereo signal to miniDSP #1 and have stereo output for the tweeters and midranges, and then input the same stereo signal (split from the HU) to miniDSP #2 and have stereo output for the midbasses and subwoofer(s)?

Last edited by analogrocker; 01-28-2012 at 08:37 AM..
analogrocker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 Sulley will become famous soon enoughSulley will become famous soon enoughSulley will become famous soon enoughSulley will become famous soon enoughSulley will become famous soon enoughSulley will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogrocker View Post
I don't understand. If there are two inputs, why isn't it stereo?

Couldn't input 1 be used as the left channel and input 2 as the right channel? Or does the "4way PEQ Crossover" plugin require that both inputs receive the same signal (i.e. both left or both right)?

Say I wanted to do a 4-way setup using 2 miniDSP 2x4s... Couldn't I input a stereo signal to miniDSP #1 and have stereo output for the tweeters and midranges, and then input the same stereo signal (split from the HU) to miniDSP #2 and have stereo output for the midbasses and subwoofer(s)?
I done the same thing, I bought the 4 way plugin thinking I have 4 speakers but in actual fact I needed the 2-way.

At the beginning of the 4way plugin it asks what input you would like to use, it then can take a left or a right source and using the crossover create output for say tweeter, mid, midbass and subwoofer.

So to use the 4way plug in you need two 2x4 boards one for left and one for right.

80PRS, Arc KS, H-Audio Soul, Seas Neo Alum, SWR-8
Sulley is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 95 jp_over will become famous soon enoughjp_over will become famous soon enoughjp_over will become famous soon enoughjp_over will become famous soon enoughjp_over will become famous soon enoughjp_over will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockley.rod View Post
I done the same thing, I bought the 4 way plugin thinking I have 4 speakers but in actual fact I needed the 2-way.

At the beginning of the 4way plugin it asks what input you would like to use, it then can take a left or a right source and using the crossover create output for say tweeter, mid, midbass and subwoofer.

So to use the 4way plug in you need two 2x4 boards one for left and one for right.
Good to know - thanks!

Joe
2010 Corolla LE - stock
*SOLD* 2000 Tundra SR5 4x4. Head Unit: Alpine CDA 117, Processor: IMPRINT (PXA-H100) set to active, Amplifier: Alpine PDX-V9, Mid-woofers: CDT ES-6iM (slim cast inverted magnet), Tweeters: CDT DRT-26 (silk), Subwoofers: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8" (x 2)
jp_over is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 analogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enoughanalogrocker will become famous soon enough

I finally ordered two miniDSP 2x4s with the miniDC Isolator and received them about a week ago. I plan on installing them tomorrow. The 0.9V output from these devices worries me. My amps have a gain adjustment from 6.5V to as low as 0.4V. That's all good and well, but I have no idea if there will be a lot of noise (hiss) running the gains that high. I read a post earlier in this thread from someone who had their amp's gain set to max and there was no hiss, but I don't know if I will be that lucky...

So I am wondering what would be the cheapest, easiest way to boost the output of a miniDSP in case I need to go that route? Being that I have two miniDSP 2x4s, I would want all 8 channels boosted (4V sounds good). I didn't want to have to go buy a fancy line driver. I really wish they made the miniDSP with a variable output pot

Last edited by analogrocker; 06-23-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Old 06-23-2012  
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 278 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Edcor WSM or MSM transformers. 1:2 or 1:4 would step the voltage up, provide isolation, could do balanced outputs if you wanted. Costs about $12-15 each.
thehatedguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 390 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

Are these still the best value and performance option? I have the Pioneer 80PRS and the crossover section leaves alot to be desired. So I'm going to need seperate DSPs to run a 4 way active setup.
Would 2 of the miniDSP's still be the best option to go with? The 2x8 seems to be lacking the 31 band graphic EQ section which would be a big bonus, otherwise I'd consider that. The Mosconi 6 to 8 I believe is considerably more expensive...

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012  
Upgrade Your Membership!

Mobile Audio SQ

Rep Power: 265 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
Are these still the best value and performance option? I have the Pioneer 80PRS and the crossover section leaves alot to be desired. So I'm going to need seperate DSPs to run a 4 way active setup.
Would 2 of the miniDSP's still be the best option to go with? The 2x8 seems to be lacking the 31 band graphic EQ section which would be a big bonus, otherwise I'd consider that. The Mosconi 6 to 8 I believe is considerably more expensive...

You may be able to purchase the 31 band as a plug in for $10. I am leaning towards the MiniDSP 2X8 for my build.

Visit the MASQ Facebook page for news and information around Mobile Audio SQ and IASCA shows in the Texas/Southern Oklahoma region as well as the North East/Mid Atlantic regions.https://www.facebook.com/Mobile-Audi...dmin_todo_tour
mobileaudiosq.com
chefhow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 mda185 will become famous soon enoughmda185 will become famous soon enoughmda185 will become famous soon enoughmda185 will become famous soon enoughmda185 will become famous soon enoughmda185 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

What do you find lacking in the 80PRS crossover section? I am curious because I was thinking of buying the 80PRS and one mini DSP to allow me to still do a 2 way front stage, a subwoofer, and rear channels for the times that my kids are in the back seat. The idea would be to use head unit to provide high pass to the front and rear channels and use the mini DSP to provide front xover between midbass and a wide range driver like the Fountek 3" or something similar. I am not set on the Fountek yet but used it as an example of what I am thinking of.
mda185 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 pionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mda185 View Post
What do you find lacking in the 80PRS crossover section? I am curious because I was thinking of buying the 80PRS and one mini DSP to allow me to still do a 2 way front stage, a subwoofer, and rear channels for the times that my kids are in the back seat. The idea would be to use head unit to provide high pass to the front and rear channels and use the mini DSP to provide front xover between midbass and a wide range driver like the Fountek 3" or something similar. I am not set on the Fountek yet but used it as an example of what I am thinking of.
The "high" crossover point on the P80 is a bit too high for people who want to run a 2-way wideband setup (around 1600hz afaik). For your planned setup it would still work just fine (P80=front, rear, sub; MiniDSP=front split to 2-way system).

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
pionkej is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 164 94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
You may be able to purchase the 31 band as a plug in for $10. I am leaning towards the MiniDSP 2X8 for my build.
Keep in mind last time I checked you could purchase as many plugins as you wanted, but each board can only run one plugin...

You don't want 31band anyway, you want bi-quad

Quote:
Old 06-26-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 Jiggad369 will become famous soon enoughJiggad369 will become famous soon enoughJiggad369 will become famous soon enoughJiggad369 will become famous soon enoughJiggad369 will become famous soon enoughJiggad369 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Jiggad369 Send a message via Yahoo to Jiggad369

Hey guys,

I have been out of the car audio scene for few years now but I recently purchased a '06 TL so now the upgrade bug is back. I want to upgrade the drivers in the car but retain the factory navigation system with radio.

If I want to do a 2-way front system with a Center channel with two rears and a sub (7.1), would the 2x8 or the 2x4 (2) be feasible?
Jiggad369 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggad369 View Post
Hey guys,

I have been out of the car audio scene for few years now but I recently purchased a '06 TL so now the upgrade bug is back. I want to upgrade the drivers in the car but retain the factory navigation system with radio.

If I want to do a 2-way front system with a Center channel with two rears and a sub (7.1), would the 2x8 or the 2x4 (2) be feasible?
Go ahead and read the FAQ and miniDSP forums regarding the center channel and surround processing. I haven't done any reading on the capability of the unit to do center channel L-R processing. Read the spec sheets for the different plugins to see if there was one (or a pair) that you could run. Might have to do one 2x4 for the front and one 2x4 for the rear/center/sub.

Also do some reading to figure out how your factory unit is splitting signal. If it's Bose running balanced signal to an external Bose processor, you are golden. If it does it all in the head unit/nav, then you might be in trouble...

Quote:
Old 07-03-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 390 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94VG30DE View Post
Keep in mind last time I checked you could purchase as many plugins as you wanted, but each board can only run one plugin...

You don't want 31band anyway, you want bi-quad
Bi-Quad simply allows for insane crossover flexibility and PEQ flexibility, but doesn't allow a full range of 31 bands of EQ, no?

If they could get Bi-Quad and the GEQ feature set, that would be awesome. It would probably require and additional chip though, so highly unlikely.

I think the PEQ should be flexible enough for many situations since theres 6 bands on the input side and 6 on the output side. But for those who want to make fine adjustments across the board using the RTA method, the 31 band would be nice too.

Old 07-03-2012  
Upgrade Your Membership!

Mobile Audio SQ

Rep Power: 265 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had read somewhere that on the 2X8 or 4X10 you could run the PEQ thru the input side and the GEQ on the output side. Dont remember where I had heard it but I could have sworn I did.

Visit the MASQ Facebook page for news and information around Mobile Audio SQ and IASCA shows in the Texas/Southern Oklahoma region as well as the North East/Mid Atlantic regions.https://www.facebook.com/Mobile-Audi...dmin_todo_tour
mobileaudiosq.com
chefhow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Bi-Quad simply allows for insane crossover flexibility and PEQ flexibility, but doesn't allow a full range of 31 bands of EQ, no?

If they could get Bi-Quad and the GEQ feature set, that would be awesome. It would probably require and additional chip though, so highly unlikely.

I think the PEQ should be flexible enough for many situations since theres 6 bands on the input side and 6 on the output side. But for those who want to make fine adjustments across the board using the RTA method, the 31 band would be nice too.
I agree, I tend to prefer PEQ to GEQ, if for no other reason than readily-adjustable Q. If you had an external RTA and wanted to adjust by 1/3 octve band or whatever, I could understand the desire for GEQ. However, if you are using something like REW for RTA, then REW can export the biquad adjustment for you, and it can be ported into the PEQ Advanced software. I haven't had time to try it yet, but that is my plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
I thought I had read somewhere that on the 2X8 or 4X10 you could run the PEQ thru the input side and the GEQ on the output side. Dont remember where I had heard it but I could have sworn I did.
I am not nearly as familiar with the 2x8 and 4x10, so someone would have to read the manual on that one I am barely familiar with the 2x4

Quote:
Old 07-03-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
I finally ordered two miniDSP 2x4s with the miniDC Isolator and received them about a week ago. I plan on installing them tomorrow. The 0.9V output from these devices worries me. My amps have a gain adjustment from 6.5V to as low as 0.4V. That's all good and well, but I have no idea if there will be a lot of noise (hiss) running the gains that high. I read a post earlier in this thread from someone who had their amp's gain set to max and there was no hiss, but I don't know if I will be that lucky...
I installed my miniDSPs about a week ago. I am impressed by the sound quality, but I have run into a snag and that is I get a turn-off thump through my sub amp when turning my car off. I do have the miniDC Isolator installed, which I thought was supposed to eliminate thumps. Well, it doesn't in my case.

If I connect the RCA interconnects directly from my HU to my amp, I get ZERO thump when turning off the system. Same thing without any interconnects connected to the amp - no thump. It's definitely not a grounding issue with the amps either. I even tried connecting my remote turn-on lead to different sources, isolating it from the miniDC altogether and that still didn't fix the problem. So I rule out the remote turn-on line as the culprit.

The only thing I can think of that's going on is that when I turn off the car, the amps are signaled to be turned off by the miniDC Isolator like they are supposed to, then the miniDSPs turn off (like they should), but what's most likely happening is that the amps are not fully turned off yet when the miniDSPs turn off. So when the miniDSPs turn off, the thump is getting amplified and played through the subs. In other words, it's most likely a timing issue with the miniDC Isolator or it's the fault of my amp(s) not turning off quick enough.

As for the output voltage... Well, it seems to be adequate. I could probably live without a line driver.
Old 07-03-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 TAMUmpower will become famous soon enoughTAMUmpower will become famous soon enoughTAMUmpower will become famous soon enoughTAMUmpower will become famous soon enoughTAMUmpower will become famous soon enoughTAMUmpower will become famous soon enough

There isn't enough power on the 2x4 to run graphic and parametric. I talked to them about this.

I have 2 of these running parametric and crossovers for a 3 way plus sub. Then putting another 2x4 eith stereo graphic feeding both parametric units.

Stereo graphic was what the biquad power of the unit was built for. Then they added a filter option for parametric and gave it the 6 bands per channel be ause that's all the power it had. That's why there isn't headroom on the graphic plugin.

Only other thing I know running stero graphic and individual channel parametric is the new Mosconi and that's like 700+ vs 3 miniDSPs at 400ish
TAMUmpower is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 stereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the rough

Interesting

Chuck

HU, Processor, Amps, Drivers.
stereo_luver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
I installed my miniDSPs about a week ago. I am impressed by the sound quality, but I have run into a snag and that is I get a turn-off thump through my sub amp when turning my car off. I do have the miniDC Isolator installed, which I thought was supposed to eliminate thumps. Well, it doesn't in my case.

If I connect the RCA interconnects directly from my HU to my amp, I get ZERO thump when turning off the system. Same thing without any interconnects connected to the amp - no thump. It's definitely not a grounding issue with the amps either. I even tried connecting my remote turn-on lead to different sources, isolating it from the miniDC altogether and that still didn't fix the problem. So I rule out the remote turn-on line as the culprit.

The only thing I can think of that's going on is that when I turn off the car, the amps are signaled to be turned off by the miniDC Isolator like they are supposed to, then the miniDSPs turn off (like they should), but what's most likely happening is that the amps are not fully turned off yet when the miniDSPs turn off. So when the miniDSPs turn off, the thump is getting amplified and played through the subs. In other words, it's most likely a timing issue with the miniDC Isolator or it's the fault of my amp(s) not turning off quick enough.

As for the output voltage... Well, it seems to be adequate. I could probably live without a line driver.

Do you get a turn-ON thump or noise when using rcas direct to the amps? If not, then turn-on and turn-off are not an issue for you and you should be able to bypass that feature by using splicing the remote lead from the head unit and running it direct to the amplifiers as well as the minidsp's. (Foregoing the remote output that you would have used coming off of the minidsp units). You should still have the power isolation, yet avoid using any of the delay circuitry designed for the remote lead then. The only hiccup I could see here is if you get a turn on noise once you set it up this way. In that case, you could simply use a relay on the remote lead before it hits the amplifiers. Commonly found on eBay for a few bucks.

EDIT:
As for the line driver, my minidsp units will be inches from the amps so there shouldnt be much distance loss in the cables. The deck doesnt have the strongest RCA level outs though either (80PRS) so I picked up a Phoenix Gold line driver to ramp up the signal from the pair of source RCA's running to the minidsp's which should help to avoid any extra noise on the input side. $40 on ebay from a seller. You can find deals like this if you look around.

Last edited by captainobvious; 07-09-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 07-09-2012  
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 278 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

You could use something like an Edcor WSM transformer to step up the voltage and provide isolation from ground loops at the same time...no more opamps than what's needed. They are about 12 bux each new. Would need one for each channel.
thehatedguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012  
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
You could use something like an Edcor WSM transformer to step up the voltage and provide isolation from ground loops at the same time...no more opamps than what's needed. They are about 12 bux each new. Would need one for each channel.
Details?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement