Upcoming driver testing... trying to get back to the old ways. Wanting your input. - Page 9 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011   #201
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 217 cvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Upcoming driver testing... trying to get back to the old ways. Wanting your inpu

Wow, that was quick. I'm diggin the clamps and the sexy arse on that Scan.

2015 Corvette Z06 Z07:
Head: H800 + Galaxy S7 edge with AptX and optical
Amplifiers: 4,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
2way + Pro logic II steering Satori 6.5" fullrange rears
High: AMT line array;Mid: SS 25W/8567-SE 10";Low: 4x Seas L26RO4Y 10"
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011   #202

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: Upcoming driver testing... trying to get back to the old ways. Wanting your inpu

the clamps are about $2-3 each from harbor freight. I love 'em. Makes the job of switching out the plates much easier.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011   #203

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Klippel testing has started up...
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-new-post.html

Start here for most recent news:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1305422-post56.html

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 05-25-2011   #204

Bikinpunk

After this weekend, testing will be on hold for an unknown period of time.
I have about 3 drivers to test and post data on in the next couple weeks. However, the baffle is coming down Monday.

We are putting the house up on the market and the huge baffle has to come down. It may be months or years before I start back up testing. Just depends on how long it takes to sell the home and build a new one.
We already have plans for the next home that will include a media room and within it I plan to build a test wall in a true Infinite Baffle sense. I plan to make a walk around room to get to the drivers so I can swap them out on the backside, but that may change as well.

Klippel testing will still be done, though.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 05-25-2011   #205
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 pionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
After this weekend, testing will be on hold for an unknown period of time.
I have about 3 drivers to test and post data on in the next couple weeks. However, the baffle is coming down Monday.

We are putting the house up on the market and the huge baffle has to come down. It may be months or years before I start back up testing. Just depends on how long it takes to sell the home and build a new one.
We already have plans for the next home that will include a media room and within it I plan to build a test wall in a true Infinite Baffle sense. I plan to make a walk around room to get to the drivers so I can swap them out on the backside, but that may change as well.

Klippel testing will still be done, though.

Just wanted to let everyone know.
All I have to say about that is...how selfish of you. In all seriousness, I've always believed no one has the right to be upset about losing something they put nothing in to get, and I hope this thread does not turn that direction. I, for one, would like to say thank you for volunteering your time and money to do what you have done so far and for continuing to do what you can for the forum (Klippel testing) even while trying to sell you home.

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
pionkej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011   #206

Bikinpunk

if someone here whines about it, they can kiss my rear.

I'll be back. I enjoy this stuff. I just can't have a 8ft wall standing in a 17x25' room that's supposed to be a key factor in marketing the home for sale. lol.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 05-25-2011   #207

Importer / Exporter

House with built in test rig FTW!
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011   #208
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 nar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enough

It's to bad you have to take the test set-up down Erin. Best of luck with the sale of you and your family's home.

I'd offer to take over for a little while as I have a room around the same dimensions but I'm afraid half of it's my man cave!
nar93da is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011   #209

Bikinpunk

lol. Well, that was my problem, too. But since I wasn't using the room anyway, I figured why not.

I've gotten about 5 different drivers the past few days. Some of it was for my own interest and some of it because it was given to me for the heck of it. After I finish testing those I'm done testing anything for quite a while, I'd assume. I'm going to try to test 'em all but there will be at least 4 done and posted.

I'm hoping by Friday you guys will see data on two different versions of the same driver...
The HD tests are the only thing that need to be done. I was honestly pretty surprised to see the on-axis response of these drivers. Pretty dang flat (compared to most other drivers out there).

Time Delay Calculator:

Last edited by ErinH; 05-25-2011 at 11:19 PM..
Old 05-26-2011   #210
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 217 cvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enough

Good luck with the house change. Looking forward to more testing when you get that out of the way. It's nice of you to get these last few tests out to chew on before you move.

2015 Corvette Z06 Z07:
Head: H800 + Galaxy S7 edge with AptX and optical
Amplifiers: 4,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
2way + Pro logic II steering Satori 6.5" fullrange rears
High: AMT line array;Mid: SS 25W/8567-SE 10";Low: 4x Seas L26RO4Y 10"
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011   #211

Bikinpunk

Thanks, George. I appreciate it.

I posted L6 data earlier.
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...o-l6-l6se.html

L4 data is coming tonight, hopefully.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 06-04-2011   #212

Bikinpunk

tis a sad day.... the baffle has come down.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 06-04-2011   #213
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 pionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura aboutpionkej has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It isn't that sad man, you're doing it because you're looking for a new home. A home that MAY have speaker testing features built in.

I'm sure it is hard to take something down you poured all that time/money/research into after such a short period, but I know your nature to test and learn so I'm sure it isn't the last we've seen of that baffle!

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
pionkej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2011   #214

Bikinpunk

on the flip side, the room looks huge again!

And, it now houses a klippel stand in the back corner.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 06-04-2011   #215

Importer / Exporter

Quote:

Bah!! It's just some wood and some various other crap. I'm sure you already have ideas to make it better. Next one will be better in every way. Things change.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012   #216
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Rep Power: 123 oca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enough

i know this is an old thread, but my heart skipped a beat when i saw this picture.
This looks EXACTLY like one of the rooms in my house - the room i happen to be in right now.

scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal

frogrammin
oca123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012   #217
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 949 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same ceiling fan in my bedroom

chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement