Receiver Shutting Down - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 irl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enough

Default Receiver Shutting Down

I have a boat that I've installed a Pyle PLCDBT75MRB (40 watts x 4) receiver and two Boss MR6W 180 Watt speakers. Once installed everything seemed to work beautifully for 5-10 minutes while testing. The next day I tested it again and everything instantly shut down after 2-3 minutes of use. I disconnected one of the speakers and it seems to work fine for about 10 minutes again. Now, every time I try to turn the system on, it shuts down within 30 seconds. Battery is fully charged. I did no go out and buy these, they were a gift, but everything is new out of the box. Any input on what the issue is, and a solution?
irl5fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019   #2

Rep Power: 14 OldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Receiver Shutting Down

Does the Pyle shut down if both speakers are disconnected?
OldNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 irl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enoughirl5fan will become famous soon enough

It actually won't even turn on unless at least one speaker is connected, so I'm not sure.

Old 07-06-2019   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNewbie View Post
Does the Pyle shut down if both speakers are disconnected?
Tested it again this morning. Both speakers were disconnected at the speaker, the receiver turned on and then turned off after a few seconds.
Old 07-06-2019   #5

Rep Power: 14 OldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enough

Check your speaker wires. It sounds like one or both is shorted. With the HU off and the speakers disconnected, check the resistance across the speaker wires from the HU with a DMM. It should be quite high. If not, replace the wires and try again.
Old 07-06-2019   #6

Quote:
Check your speaker wires. It sounds like one or both is shorted. With the HU off and the speakers disconnected, check the resistance across the speaker wires from the HU with a DMM. It should be quite high. If not, replace the wires and try again.
I tested the wires at the speaker end, they were reading over 100. Does that sound right? Also tested the battery voltage, which was 13 and 14 while on a trickle charger. While doing all this I also disconnected the speaker wire harness from the back of the HU, the HU was still shutting down after a short time. Does this indicate there is a problem with the HU itself?
Old 07-06-2019   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by irl5fan View Post
Does this indicate there is a problem with the HU itself?
Yup! I would see if it can be repaired/replaced under warranty.
Old 07-06-2019   #8

Quote:
Yup! I would see if it can be repaired/replaced under warranty.
I appreciate your help!
Old 07-06-2019   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 61 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irl5fan View Post
I tested the wires at the speaker end, they were reading over 100. Does that sound right?
100 what? (MPH)
Holmz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement