'03 F150 Harley Davidson Super Crew - Nothing elaborate - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 113 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Default '03 F150 Harley Davidson Super Crew - Nothing elaborate

Got this truck about 5 months ago. I always loved the looks of these trucks when they first came out and I always wanted one. Just looking to do a simple update to this one. I don't want to modify anything that can't be returned back to stock. Don't want to cut anything if possible.
I got to listen to several trucks at Freeze Fest a week ago and was shown, if done right, full size trucks can sound VERY nice.

Here's a list of the some things I've got so far:

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS head unit
JL Audio HD900/5 amp
Pioneer TS-C720PRS speakers
JBL GTO 1022 10"sub
Power, ground and speaker wire - all JL Audio
Stinger 3000 series RCA

bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 159 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: '03 F150 Harley Davidson Super Crew - Nothing elaborate

Wow very nice, now tear the insides out and get to installing lol.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Pioneer 4800BS /Audison APK-165
Turbocharged / 6 speed / awd/ goodness ( For SALE )

(2018) Accord 2.0T Touring (10speed) turbocharged
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 113 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Some pics of the components I have so far:

Old 03-03-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 159 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

I see you are off to a strong start, are you going to run four channels and suboffof the JL? Or are you bridging to channels to the subs and two to your fronts?

Old 03-03-2012   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

My thoughts were to not use the passive crossovers and use the front channel on the amp for the mids, the rear for the tweets and the sub off the 5th channel. Do all the processing in the headunit.
Old 03-03-2012   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

That also will work, the question now at hand is what type of sub enclosure are you going for?

Old 03-03-2012   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
That also will work, the question now at hand is what type of sub enclosure are you going for?
It will be a down firing .75 cu. ft. sealed. It will take the place of the rear center console.
Old 03-03-2012   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Now will this be wrapped in matching leather, or cloth?

Old 03-03-2012   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
Now will this be wrapped in matching leather, or cloth?
Black vinyl with black carpet sides. Vinyl matches really close. I'm embarrased to show pics of it. It looks horrible. I have never wrapped a box before and it shows. I think I have a way to make it look better but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Old 03-03-2012   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

No worries as we all had to start somewhere lol. The best part is that you have the truck that you have always wanted, and it looks to be in great shape. Have fun with it is the key.

Old 03-03-2012   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Markland Designs
Position:
tech/installer

Rep Power: 132 Eiswritsat will become famous soon enoughEiswritsat will become famous soon enoughEiswritsat will become famous soon enoughEiswritsat will become famous soon enoughEiswritsat will become famous soon enoughEiswritsat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
My thoughts were to not use the passive crossovers and use the front channel on the amp for the mids, the rear for the tweets and the sub off the 5th channel. Do all the processing in the headunit.
Those pioneer components sound so good active and can handle more power then rated when active and tuned correctly. I had a similar set up in my mazda Speed Protege with a premier 880 with hertz components active before i got my 08 TL. nice equipment by the way

Acurazine member
Eiswritsat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012   #12
pjc

Rep Power: 0 pjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see some more older F150s. Im currently working on my 98 F150. Nice choice on the comps. I agree that you will really love them active.
pjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc View Post
Nice to see some more older F150s. Im currently working on my 98 F150. Nice choice on the comps. I agree that you will really love them active.
I have seen the write up on your truck. Nice job. It hurts to think of the cost of all that sound deadening. I am going to have to do mine in stages or save up a while to do it all at once.
Old 03-04-2012   #14
pjc

Rep Power: 0 pjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond repute

I was able to find a guy local that had the 3 rolls of Raammat and Ensolite. I got it all for $125. Just keep ur eyes open for great deals. It definitely helped the truck alot. And I did mine small steps at a time. There are links on here about deadening. 25% coverage works. Mine is overkill but I had the materials. Deadening the doors could be your first step. My Focal mids do great in the doors and those Pioneers should also. Good luck with this build and again... Nice truck.
pjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

I actually forgot about this thread.

Deadened all 4 doors and door panels

Deadened the back section of the floor. Did 3 layers on the bracing that is below the sub box.

Old 08-08-2012   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

Added the mids to the door and mounted the tweets to the top of the door panel. Wish I could have put the tweets somewhere else but the previous owner of the truck already cut the holes in the door panel.

Old 08-08-2012   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

The sub box sits in the spot previously vacated by the stock console. The box will be rebuilt because it looks like crap, although it is very solid. I am kinda happy at how the amp rack came out though.

Old 08-08-2012   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 164 metanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enough

Really like how the sub/amp console turned out. Great job! I miss having a down-firing sub setup in my truck.

’14 Tundra: Pioneer AVH2300NEX - Helix Mini - RF 2-Punch 200x2 & 1-Punch 240x4 Trans.ana - AudioFrog GB15, GB60 & GB12D2
metanium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
audio excellence
Position:
senior tech

Rep Power: 97 jpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enough

Nice job,that has got to be one nice solid sounding truck! Love the prs components,thanks for sharing.
jpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 Kellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enough

Nice truck! You got the audio covered, now it needs a smaller blower pulley, cold air intake, exhaust and a tune.
I had a 2003 Lightning that I loved. A tune and a blower pulley made a huge difference.

Keep Calm and Chive On!
Kellyo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyo77 View Post
Nice truck! You got the audio covered, now it needs a smaller blower pulley, cold air intake, exhaust and a tune.
I had a 2003 Lightning that I loved. A tune and a blower pulley made a huge difference.
Thanks but what I really need is a boost and a air/fuel mix gauge. When I got the truck it already had a tune and 10" crank pulley added and from what I understand the supercharger should be pushing close to 14 PSI! I don't drive it hard so I should be safe till I get a gauge to verify the boost level but this thing has more power than I know what to do with. I also plan to update the exhaust soon.

I also wish to have a Lightning but I have too many vehicles now. Once I sell my Bronco a Lightning may be next.
Old 08-09-2012   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 Kellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
Thanks but what I really need is a boost and a air/fuel mix gauge. When I got the truck it already had a tune and 10" crank pulley added and from what I understand the supercharger should be pushing close to 14 PSI! I don't drive it hard so I should be safe till I get a gauge to verify the boost level but this thing has more power than I know what to do with. I also plan to update the exhaust soon.

I also wish to have a Lightning but I have too many vehicles now. Once I sell my Bronco a Lightning may be next.
This is the gauge I had in my Lightning. Loved it. Showed anything and everything I ever wanted to see.

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - Gauges

Keep Calm and Chive On!
Kellyo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012   #23
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good, keep up the excellent work!
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

So, my brother went with me to a contest in the 'Boro several months back. Vinny had just gotten his truck back from Steve Cook that had the Jordan's on the dash. My brother had to have a set of Jordan's after that. I told him if he decided he didn't like them I would take them off his hands. Well, as it turns out he didn't take measurements to make sure they would actually fit his truck without making a lot of modifications. So now I am the proud owner of a set of Jordan's I had no idea of what to do with. I started to play around with them in the truck and figured, what the hell.

I have never fiberglassed anything before so I don't know how this will turn out. I like making cardboard mock ups to see how it should look. Got a lot of work ahead of me.

Old 10-08-2012   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40143 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

How did the glassing go?
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement