96 Accord Infinite Baffe install - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 96 for2nato will become famous soon enoughfor2nato will become famous soon enoughfor2nato will become famous soon enoughfor2nato will become famous soon enoughfor2nato will become famous soon enoughfor2nato will become famous soon enough

It looks nice. But I guarantee your losing some by having those passive radiators in the rear deck. At least that's what they become when that sub gets low.

Sent from your moms bedroom using TapaTalk Pro
for2nato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 175 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 96 Accord Infinite Baffe install

Not too bad. Especially for not having all the proper tools.

Some suggestions for next time:

1) Twist on connectors are typically designed for solid core home wire. Invest in some decent wire crimpers. Kleins (at Home Depot), Channellock (Lowes) or even Harbor Freight have some for cheap...I think mine were like $23. I install for a living and these have held up well. The HF ones I think were like $10. HD also now has some neat looking Dewalt ones I haven't tried yet.

2) For your main power leads (especially under the hood) I'd recommend soldering them. HF has a cheapo little butane torch for under $10 on sale that works great. I use mine frequently.

Don't worry about what someone else says about it. All that matters is if you are happy with it.

Are you running the powerpack AND a 4 channel?

Jay

JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
TAS Electronics
Position:
Install Tech

Rep Power: 205 Chaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the roughChaos is a jewel in the rough

All things considered, I think you did a great job installing the baffle.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 John Reid will become famous soon enoughJohn Reid will become famous soon enoughJohn Reid will become famous soon enoughJohn Reid will become famous soon enoughJohn Reid will become famous soon enoughJohn Reid will become famous soon enough

Yup, you need to ditch those rear deck speakers... to get as much out of an IB install as possible, you need to make the ENTIRE trunk essentially a tightly sealed box.

I ran an IB setup for 15 years hard daily in my old '93 Civic sedan .. 4 10"s w/ 250 watts to each sub... and it made the steering wheel flex while being a very good player when it came to SQ.

But I spent a lot of time going nuts with spay foam, closed cell foam, deadening, etc.

Put a little more time into sealing any hole that you can think of in the trunk to completely seperate it from the cabin of the car, and I bet you'll feel more output.
John Reid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 Kangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasSman View Post
Well if he's a boomer than take what he says with a grain of salt. It isn't all about LOUD.

Did you ever think about moving the amp off of the baffle board?

I know it might be solid but that not a good place for an amp.

It looks like you have space in front of the baffle on the trunk floor.
Besides possible heating problems what else would be the benefits of moving the amp? I placed it there for a bit of show-i-ness
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 Kangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enoughKangaroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by for2nato View Post
It looks nice. But I guarantee your losing some by having those passive radiators in the rear deck. At least that's what they become when that sub gets low.

Sent from your moms bedroom using TapaTalk Pro
I agree 100% that those speakers are another weak spot in the setup :/. I'm not quite ready to ditch them. By the end of the summer I might, but I just started up my new job (gotta make that money) and it's taking all my time. A couple ideas I've been thinking about are doubling up on speakers in the front door, maybe putting a pair in the rear door. I've heard talk about 3 way active setups, and they sound pretty cool, so I might look into that to find out what they are and the steps I would need to take to do it, but again, that gets into processing and fully going active (forgive any ignorance in the statement).
Old 06-23-2012   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
Not too bad. Especially for not having all the proper tools.

Some suggestions for next time:

1) Twist on connectors are typically designed for solid core home wire. Invest in some decent wire crimpers. Kleins (at Home Depot), Channellock (Lowes) or even Harbor Freight have some for cheap...I think mine were like $23. I install for a living and these have held up well. The HF ones I think were like $10. HD also now has some neat looking Dewalt ones I haven't tried yet.

2) For your main power leads (especially under the hood) I'd recommend soldering them. HF has a cheapo little butane torch for under $10 on sale that works great. I use mine frequently.

Don't worry about what someone else says about it. All that matters is if you are happy with it.

Are you running the powerpack AND a 4 channel?

Jay
Thank you for the suggestions Jay will definitely remember that for the next touch-up/install. The powerpack is running to the rear speakers, and the one under the seat is a 2 channel for the front speakers/tweeters
Old 06-23-2012   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
All things considered, I think you did a great job installing the baffle.
Thanks!
Old 06-23-2012   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Reid View Post
Yup, you need to ditch those rear deck speakers... to get as much out of an IB install as possible, you need to make the ENTIRE trunk essentially a tightly sealed box.

I ran an IB setup for 15 years hard daily in my old '93 Civic sedan .. 4 10"s w/ 250 watts to each sub... and it made the steering wheel flex while being a very good player when it came to SQ.

But I spent a lot of time going nuts with spay foam, closed cell foam, deadening, etc.

Put a little more time into sealing any hole that you can think of in the trunk to completely seperate it from the cabin of the car, and I bet you'll feel more output.
Thanks for the reply. I've got to pull off the rear deck covering and really get in there. Those speakers are definitely on death row, but when to, erhem, , remove them has yet to be determined lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement