Mosconi & HAT SQ build - 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 DeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enough

Default Mosconi & HAT SQ build - 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

This project is about 90% done, I still have some work to do on both the sub box and amp rack. I also have to do the doors as I am changing out those Since I already did the deadening and other stuff I won’t be showing that all over again

Objective: Remove existing Zapco DC gear and replace with Mosconi and trying to salvage as much of existing locations/cables as possible. Install HAT L3SE's in all 3 factory dash locations for front stage, replace existing mid-bass in doors with either HAT I8SW's, L8V2's or L8SE's... (More on this later) I also wanted to build out a complete Amp Rack and cover giving it that integrated look hiding the cables. Last but not least, clean up all of the wiring while I was in there.

New Equipment List:
3EA Hybrid Audio Legatia 3 SE
1EA Mosconi AS 100.2 - Center Channel
1EA Mosconi AS 200.4 - Front Stage
1EA Mosconi AS 300.2 - Subs
1EA Mosconi 6TO8 - Processor

Quick shot of the equipment

================================================== ===============================================

Starting with the amp rack as the Truck was out getting its oil changed
I moved stuff around several times to figure out exactly how I wanted it...

================================================== ===============================================

Continuing on with the amp rack:

Started the dash re-wiring and adding in the L3SE’s… Dodge has a 2” center channel if you get the Infinity Sound System so I carved it out a little to fit the L3SE

Center channel cut finished and L3SE installed

Time to rewire the truck, all new wires since I now have RCA’s instead of Symbilink Cables… Started from the back. Removing the old Amp Rack and such…

Cables view down the driver’s side. Zip ties and anchors used every 5 ½ “

Cables view down the passenger’s side. Zip ties and anchors used every 5 ½ “

Covered the back of the amp rack and put in some T-Nuts to mount the amps and test fit in the truck. I had to put the seat back in to make sure I had plenty of clearance…

All looking good with the fitting so it’s time to start on the Subs… Got the initial portion done and glassed about 70% but still need to finish the top and mount the woofers. More on this later as I still have not figured out how I want this to look yet…

For some reason these are all of the images I can find on this… I will see here the rest of them are and post them later…

While waiting on the glass to cure, decided it was time to wire up the amp rack and cut out the cover… Yes, the wiring is a mess for now, I will clean it all up I promise!

Looks like it fits perfectly so I put some primer on it for now and test mounted…

This is all I have for now… will post more as soon as I get the pictures sorted out…

Thanks for looking

- 2013 MECA Street Texas State Champion -
- 2012 MECA SQ2 Texas State Champion -
2002 Dodge Quad Cab - 1st Build Log - 2nd Build Log
2008 BMW 328i (E90) - 1st Build Log: 60%

Last edited by DeanE10; 08-15-2012 at 08:36 PM..
DeanE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 165 metanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Mosconi & HAT SQ build - 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

I like this ALOT!

’14 Tundra: Pioneer AVH2300NEX - Helix Mini - RF 2-Punch 200x2 & 1-Punch 240x4 Trans.ana - AudioFrog GB15, GB60 & GB12D2
metanium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 290 pocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond repute

Lookin good. You going to go for 2 seat since you put in the center channel?

2014 INAC Amateur runner up
pocket5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 DeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enoughDeanE10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by metanium View Post
I like this ALOT!
Thanks, much appreciated!

Old 08-14-2012   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
Lookin good. You going to go for 2 seat since you put in the center channel?
2 seat scares me Robert... I will see how things go during my tuning session this weekend. I might give it a shot but I am not sure if it will get done before finals.

It is the overall goal, just not sure if I will get t done before Indy

Old 08-14-2012   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 bmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond reputebmiller1 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, beautiful work. IMO, nothing is sexier than flush mounted Mosconis.

2014 CAMRY XLE - iPad Pro -- Helix DSP Pro -- Zed Audio Leviathan -- SI BM65 mkii -- Scanspeak 10f/8424G -- d3004/6020 // Arc KS 1200.1 -- (2) JL 10w7AE
bmiller1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller1 View Post
Man, beautiful work. IMO, nothing is sexier than flush mounted Mosconis.
I do agree

Thanks man, much appreciated!

Old 08-14-2012   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 290 pocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE10 View Post
2 seat scares me Robert... I will see how things go during my tuning session this weekend. I might give it a shot but I am not sure if it will get done before finals.

It is the overall goal, just not sure if I will get t done before Indy
I was just curious since it is kind of rare to see center channels in 1 seat class vehicles.

I hear ya on the tuning though. Not sure how much I'll have done either. Hell I'm still working on getting my L3's back in the truck in their new location before the 25th I haven't had a stereo to listen to since I've been back from The Vinny, and it sucks.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

2014 INAC Amateur runner up
pocket5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #9

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Looks awesome Dean!
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #10
pjc

Rep Power: 0 pjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work Dean. I'll have to swing buy one day to check it out in person.
pjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 151 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

Nice work! I know you have some great plans for this build and I'm interested to see you accomplish them. Hope I get to hear it again!

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log
Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc, Clarion, JL, Xtant/Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance

Living Room System Build Log
Denon, Behringer, DIYSG, Eminence, Celestion, Denovo, Energy, Alpine
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 390 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work Dean! Those amps really are gorgeous. Keep it coming bro !

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 audiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enough

Great revamp Dean! I really like the Mosconi' on the rear wall, they fit perfect!

P99, DSP-6, Zapco DC Reference, Hybrid Audio, JL
audiovibe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSyde View Post
Looks awesome Dean!
Thanks Chad, much appreciated!

Old 08-15-2012   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc View Post
Nice work Dean. I'll have to swing buy one day to check it out in person.
If your not working on the 25th, you should ride with me to the show in Sherman. It looks like this truck is going to be quite busy the month of September man...

Old 08-15-2012   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by strakele View Post
Nice work! I know you have some great plans for this build and I'm interested to see you accomplish them. Hope I get to hear it again!
Thanks Greyson! I still blame you for this rebuild

I love the control Mosconi gives you with the 6TO8, thanks for showing it to me! Are you going to go to any of the upcoming shows?

Old 08-15-2012   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovibe View Post
Great revamp Dean! I really like the Mosconi' on the rear wall, they fit perfect!
They have 1/4 between them and 1/2 on the far left and far right... 56" of pure Mosconi

Old 08-15-2012   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
Nice work Dean! Those amps really are gorgeous. Keep it coming bro !
Thanks Cap'n, much appreciated!

Old 08-15-2012   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 beef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enough

that amp rack looks very nice. good work

what type of anchors did you use to secure the cable in the car? I couldn't tell from the pics

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy Daniels - Team Arc Audio
Spring Break Nationals Champion - 2014 MECA Modified Street, 2013 IASCA Amateur SQ
2013 IASCA INAC Runner Up - Amateur SQ
beef316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 191 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Awesome work....... X2 (or 3 or 4) on the look of flush mounted Mosconi. Grayson is a good/bad influence! I hope to hear the truck some day.

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 robolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enough

Clean dude
robolop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertholomey View Post
Awesome work....... X2 (or 3 or 4) on the look of flush mounted Mosconi. Grayson is a good/bad influence! I hope to hear the truck some day.
Thanks, much appreciated and YES he is a very bad influence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef316 View Post
that amp rack looks very nice. good work

what type of anchors did you use to secure the cable in the car? I couldn't tell from the pics

I used both of these:

Cable Tie Mounts

Old 08-15-2012   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by robolop View Post
Clean dude
Thanks Rob! Not quite done though... I am hoping the finishing touches will be enough to satisfy your standards

Old 08-15-2012   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 beef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE10 View Post
Thanks, much appreciated and YES he is a very bad influence!

I used both of these:

Cable Tie Mounts
Are you screwing them down or using the adhesive?

Jeremy Daniels - Team Arc Audio
Spring Break Nationals Champion - 2014 MECA Modified Street, 2013 IASCA Amateur SQ
2013 IASCA INAC Runner Up - Amateur SQ
beef316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef316 View Post
Are you screwing them down or using the adhesive?

Both adhesive and screws

Sponsored Links
Advertisement