2007 Santa Fe - MECA Mod Street - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013   #1

Rep Power: 92 Kevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enough

Default 2007 Santa Fe - MECA Mod Street

After some changes through the year, my goal was to try and get the best sound I can without breaking the bank and also to keep the most amount of space left to use as possible for this daily driver.

Power. The big 3 was done as well as upgraded battery and alternator.

Headunit. I went with the Kenwood KDC-X997 to have a little processing and flexibility in adjustment without going with an external processor. I've been pleased with it. Also used the space below for a little advertising.

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013   #2

Rep Power: 92 Kevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2007 Santa Fe - MECA Mod Street

Components. I choose the PHD FB1.1B tweeter and the factory sail panels are wrapped in black vinyl and FB6.1 pro mid in factory location using FatMat Rattle Trap for treating the doors (inside sleeve and out)

Last edited by Kevin K; 08-03-2013 at 02:23 PM..
Old 08-03-2013   #3

Sub. The PHD FB10.1 in a .9 cu ft slot port tuned to 32. The inside has 1/4" round in the corners and sanded smooth with a poly treatment with the outside sprayed with bed liner and covered with trunk liner.

Old 08-03-2013   #4

Amp, tools, etc.
Though a friend upgrading his equipmet, I was able to obtain a Mosconi 120.4 for a great deal and really surprised of the way it performs. The tool display is functional with spare fuses of what is used in the system along with other tools used for the setup. Accent lighting is done with a mixture of blue and white led strips. LED sizes used is 3528 and 5050. Phillips, square, and security torx head screws were used through out the car in a combination to change things up when installing the equipment.

Last edited by Kevin K; 08-03-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Old 08-03-2013   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 164 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Very clean, I like what you've done there. Are you bridging the two rear channels ?

I’m selling ALL of my current nib car audio gear.....

(2019) Ram 1500 Billet Silver
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013   #6

Thanks and yes the rear channels are bridged for sub running at 4 ohms.
This combination of speakers and amp with power aavailable works out good.

Last edited by Kevin K; 08-03-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 08-03-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 142 audiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enough

Looks good Kevin, I like those new front speakers you have.

Sound Team 6 : Team Audible Physics : Team Zapco
audiophile25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Human (not a robot)

Rep Power: 168 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

I would have guessed this car to be in Stock class.
What puts you up to Mod Street?

And great work BTW, it all looks cool.

NCSQ
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013   #9

Thank you sir. They are a big improvement from what was there before.

Old 08-03-2013   #10

Well I was aiming for stock, maybe street, but I removed a bin in the back where the sub enclosure is so that put me in mod street.
Oh well. Thanks for the nice comments. Did all work in the garage with limited tools and enjoyed every second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
I would have guessed this car to be in Stock class.
What puts you up to Mod Street?

And great work BTW, it all looks cool.

Old 08-03-2013   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 164 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Now this is what car audio is all about, enjoyable sounds with cleanliness in mind. This is what I need as opposed to a myriad of pieces and processing out the wazoo..

Old 08-03-2013   #12

Many have said I couldn't compete with a single amp, passive crossovers and have to use an external processor.
So I had a little motivation.

Old 08-03-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 162 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

Looks great Kevin.

2012 MECA World Finals Street National Runner Up!!!
2012 MECA Street National Points Champion!!!
2012 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
2011 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
wdemetrius1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 288 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, I like the lit sub peeking through the floor.
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Now see my problem is different as I've invested thousands of dollars in audio and still am not happy with how it is. I know that it needs to be tuned professionally in order for me to reap the benefits. But seeing a system such as yours has me convinced that I need to step back and make it more simplified. Yes active is great, but only with the correct amount of time invested into it.

Old 08-04-2013   #16

Appreciate it.
Are you gonna make the AL or TN state finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdemetrius1 View Post
Looks great Kevin.

Old 08-04-2013   #17

Thanks. I was aiming to keep the floor at a solid level and spent many hours finding just the right placement for the sub and keeping most of the area useable. This is what I came up with. A compromise between sound and functional space.

I didn't like the sub firing up at all, firing down was ok. Moved around all the area back there aimed left, right, forward and back just didn't seem to do what this setup did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydo View Post
Nice, I like the lit sub peeking through the floor.

Old 08-04-2013   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 162 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Appreciate it.
Are you gonna make the AL or TN state finals?
^^

Yeah, both of those shows are in my plans.

2012 MECA World Finals Street National Runner Up!!!
2012 MECA Street National Points Champion!!!
2012 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
2011 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
wdemetrius1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2013   #19

Look forward to seeing you then and I sure want to take a listen to yours and get your input on mine as well if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdemetrius1 View Post
^^

Yeah, both of those shows are in my plans.

Old 11-04-2013   #20
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 95 spyders03 will become famous soon enoughspyders03 will become famous soon enoughspyders03 will become famous soon enoughspyders03 will become famous soon enoughspyders03 will become famous soon enoughspyders03 will become famous soon enough

Looks great Kevin, and it sounded great last time I heard it. You definitely are going about things in the right way, you were able to get a good center image with a passive component set, that in itself is impressive. When you learn to do things in steps it helps you as a tuner, so as your system evolves (and it certainly has!) you can continue to tune for it in steps getting a handle on each part. Can't wait to hear it this weekend!

au·dio·phile: Audiophiles’ became one of the most bizarre cults of the previous century. Claiming to be gifted with golden ears, audiophiles can hear electrons traveling in wires, and have the ability to channel thought into crystals to ward off evil harmonics, and cloaking themselves in mystical terms unrelated to music and physics.NEW: Check out my Build Log!
spyders03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013   #21

Rep Power: 91 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Who made the alternator for you? How much was it?

Curious as I have a 2012 Santa Fe...

Thanks
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013   #22

Thanks for the nice comments. I wanted to complete the first year as a passive setup and learn all I can, knowing in the back of my mind that going active would yield better results but still wanted to yield what I could with a very basic setup. Thankful for the experience and still learning something new each day.

I need to update the log as tweeters have changed since last pictures and I'm going to an active setup as well that should be complete today. I will post a few more pictures and information soon and will try my best to have the best tune I can get together by this Saturday for you to critique Kyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyders03 View Post
Looks great Kevin, and it sounded great last time I heard it. You definitely are going about things in the right way, you were able to get a good center image with a passive component set, that in itself is impressive. When you learn to do things in steps it helps you as a tuner, so as your system evolves (and it certainly has!) you can continue to tune for it in steps getting a handle on each part. Can't wait to hear it this weekend!

Old 11-04-2013   #23

It was dealer/factory upgrade. Original was 130 amp and new is 200.
Don't remember the cost. It's been awhile but no issues but I'm not taxing the electrical system either really with what I'm running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
Who made the alternator for you? How much was it?

Curious as I have a 2012 Santa Fe...

Thanks

Old 11-04-2013   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 SQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to all

Proud of you buddy! Thanks for Repping the PHD Difference!

--Joe

Joe Wallis
2013 Hyundai Equus (Ghost)
Lexicon HU, Italia Hi-Fi BL-5 3-way Active, 4 BL-3 8" subwoofers, PHD 4075x for mids and tweets, 2260x for midbass, and 11100x for subs. Ask me about Italia Hi-Fi.
SQ Audi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013   #25

A little PHD support

Sponsored Links
Advertisement