Audi Q5 | Mosconi Zero4 | Gladen Aerospace | Mosconi 6to8 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Brian's Custom Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 brianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enough

Default Audi Q5 | Mosconi Zero4 | Gladen Aerospace | Mosconi 6to8

Hi guys,

Another install with great products:

Gladen Aerospace 3-way active front
Gladen Aerospace 2-way active rear
3x Mosconi Zero 4
3x Mosconi 6to8 with bluetooth streaming
2x Gladen SQX10

brianscustomaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
audio excellence
Position:
senior tech

Rep Power: 97 jpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Audi Q5 | Mosconi Zero4 | Gladen Aerospace | Mosconi 6to8

wow,really clean,that looked like carbon matt on that speaker ring,nice!this is the style of install that i like as well.thanks for the continuing visual stimuli!
jpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013   #3

Rep Power: 0 1nfinite will become famous soon enough1nfinite will become famous soon enough1nfinite will become famous soon enough1nfinite will become famous soon enough1nfinite will become famous soon enough1nfinite will become famous soon enough

Amazing build!

I was going to go for the Aerospace but wasent sure if they were worth the money, would be interesting if you done some kind of review.

I bought the CDT Eurosport instead, as know they will deliver what I am wanting.
1nfinite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Brian's Custom Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 brianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enoughbrianscustomaudio will become famous soon enough

We have made speaker rings out of carbon fibre because of the weight and strength.

Old 08-05-2013   #5

Rep Power: 76 jvctan16 will become famous soon enoughjvctan16 will become famous soon enoughjvctan16 will become famous soon enoughjvctan16 will become famous soon enoughjvctan16 will become famous soon enoughjvctan16 will become famous soon enough

that battery is huge. is that a pair of small batteries in parallel or just one big battery?
jvctan16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Brian's Custom Audio
Position:
Owner

No it's just the factory battery.

Old 08-05-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 172 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Carbon cloth doesn't seem like it would be significantly lighter than FG cloth, but it looks cool none the less. Did you need to build them that shape to clear the door panel?

Also, do you have any pics of how you made the grill for the subs? It came out super smooth. Even the indent for the logo or whatever came out sweet.

Jay

JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Brian's Custom Audio
Position:
Owner

No not lighter than FG, but normaly we have them made out of stainless steel.

We build them this shape because of the air flow at the back of the speaker. With this shape the speaker sound more open.

I don't have any pics of making the grill. We made a MDF template and a insert. With a lot of force and the weight of a 2011 Dodge Ram we got it into this shape. The indent was made separately with a template and a hammer.

Old 08-05-2013   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 172 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Nice. Guess I'll have to borrow my GF's dad's 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel...since I only have a Kia Rio. lol

Great looking work.

Jay

JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

Very clean install!!!

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 192 Mless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enough

I love every picture that you've posted!
I love your "inverted" ring/backing on the woofer!
I love how simple/clean/German it is!

Mless5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

"Authentic to the Music"

12V Company:
Melodic Acoustic
Position:
Founder/CEO

Rep Power: 190 Melodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura about

Very nice very nice indeed. I love the Zero 4 on of the best amps have have used at any price range.

Mark Brooks
CEO/Founder
Melodic Acoustic "Authentic to the Music"
Melodic Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 jriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the bump, but I have a few questions as I am likely going to be buying a 2010/11 Q5 in the near future.

What year is the Q5? Did you use a Mobridge MOST DA prior to the 6to8? If not how are you connecting the 6to8 to the stock amp/signal?

Thanks.

2013 BMW X5 M Tech. - Audiofrog GB10, Audiofrog GB40, Bavsound Ghost, Scanspeak 32w - Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 LX, Mosconi One 240.2
jriggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2014   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 169 hc_TK is on a distinguished roadhc_TK is on a distinguished roadhc_TK is on a distinguished roadhc_TK is on a distinguished roadhc_TK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriggs View Post
Sorry for the bump, but I have a few questions as I am likely going to be buying a 2010/11 Q5 in the near future.

What year is the Q5? Did you use a Mobridge MOST DA prior to the 6to8? If not how are you connecting the 6to8 to the stock amp/signal?

Thanks.
Im most likely going to buy an Q5 myself

It depends on the original radio.
If you have MMI and navi or navi plus, then the rear amplifier is fed with most optical signal.
But the radio concert or radio symphony (if i remember correctly) only have analog signal to the rear amp.
From what I have read the mobridge most adapter is the best sounding solution and is a MUCH better alternative than to use high/low adapter or a radio with analog signal.

I think I'm going to use mobrige digital to a mosconi 6to8, but have to sort out the volume control issue (don't want a separate volume controller)

/////Alpine, Stinger, Peerless, Seas, Focal, Supra Cables
Project SQ Audi A3: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4934

Last edited by hc_TK; 08-08-2014 at 02:48 AM..
hc_TK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2014   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 145 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Sub'd

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2015   #16

Rep Power: 76 jimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enough

I love the Gladen Aerospace components... I wish we could (easily) get them, here in North America.

I've only ever heard the 20mm Aerospace tweeter, and I would confidently say that it is as impressive as the full-size Esotar2 110 tweeter!

jimmydee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2015   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough

Sub box is so nice man

But theseee go to 11!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 85 sdotjee will become famous soon enoughsdotjee will become famous soon enoughsdotjee will become famous soon enoughsdotjee will become famous soon enoughsdotjee will become famous soon enoughsdotjee will become famous soon enough

What carpet is it you're using on the final cover.
sdotjee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2015   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 209 simplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound

whoa! never seen that done before...so tape off, wax, do you then glue the mold cloth to the frame and then resin?

this could come in handy...

and as usual, we are all NOT WORTHY!

2012-2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 100 Installer
Facebook
Website
Yelp
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement