2009 Ford Connect - Hertz, Focal, Alpine - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2015   #1

Rep Power: 60 plushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enough

Red face 2009 Ford Connect - Hertz, Focal, Alpine

I do a fair bit of driving in my work van, and because it's got a speed restricter on it, it can take a while to get anywhere haha At first this used to piss me off, but it's very good on fuel, and it means I have longer to listen to music on a potentially half-decent system, so maybe not such a bad thing!

Because it's a work van, I'm not gonna put anything amazing in there, but I still want a reasonably decent setup.

sorry about blurry pictures, I dropped my phone doh.

Here's what I've got lined up to go in

Previously I had 2 8" rockford subs running off a pioneer amp, firing though the bulkhead into the cabin

(shot with false floor removed in the back of the van)

Because I've upgraded to the EP1D, I've got some 2ga 35mm2 tinned welding cable to put through as my new power line. (man it's hard to take a good photo with the front camera )

Not sure if I want to go(can afford to go) active yet, I might upgrade the door speakers first. The Alpine has TC and Xovers onboard, they're not amazing but do the job for the time being.

The components are already in the doors, with the tweeters mounted on the door cards. I put a hell of a lot of silent coat in the doors, it makes a lot of difference.
plushterry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015   #2

Rep Power: 60 plushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enoughplushterry will become famous soon enough

As you can just about see from the photos, the previous job I'd one on the install was a bit, err... temporary? So I'm going to try and do a half-decent job this time.

The sub box has to fit into a 11" high space below a false floor in the back of the van, I want to use 1/2" ply doubled up to 1" and put a 10" sub in there - it's gonna be tight! (will have to shave a little bit out of the top and bottom to accommodate the rear of the sub, but not much!)

this is the only shot I got of the box being built cos I had to build it outside and it was fucking freezing and windy

I'm at the stage now where I've got the box built, varnished and sealed the inside, glued and screwed it all together and used filler to cover the screwheads. I'll try and get a coat of something on it tonight before I go to bed so I can wrap it or whatever tomorrow.
plushterry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015   #3

Banned

Rep Power: 0 brump3 will become famous soon enoughbrump3 will become famous soon enoughbrump3 will become famous soon enoughbrump3 will become famous soon enoughbrump3 will become famous soon enoughbrump3 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2009 Ford Connect - Hertz, Focal, Alpine

nice system
brump3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement