2015 Audi S4 - Helix, Sinfoni, Audison Thesis, Stereo Integrity - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2018   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 188 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Default 2015 Audi S4 - Helix, Sinfoni, Audison Thesis, Stereo Integrity

I said goodbye to my beloved 2013 Subaru BRZ this past week. I enjoyed that car for six years, and took the system as far as I could with the help of Mark Worrell (Install) and John Kiser (Tuning). I competed with it, but mostly just enjoyed the heck out of it.

2013 Subaru BRZ Build Thread

I had the privilege of selling the car to a good friend who will take the system to a new level I don't doubt. I was very fortunate to find someone who appreciated the quality of the install, the quality of the sound potential in this car, and who has the skill to take what is already there and improve upon it. As I'm typing this, he has already completed the new install (he got the car on Tuesday!).

I'm going to try to not be too wordy, but those who know me know that is impossible.

I hosted an NCSQ Spring Meet in April of 2018 - the weather on Friday / Sunday was splendid, but the weather on the actual day of the event was abysmal. But.....I had the pleasure of driving Bo's new Audi RS3, and I had the privilege of meeting Ian and admiring his 2015 Audi S4. I was the first to hear it on Friday night, and I was very impressed with the sound.......I had no idea that in 2 days, he would score higher than me in the IASCA comp Mic said that in all his years of car audio competition, he has never seen someone buy a competitor's car because he was outscored by 1 point

I had the opportunity to drive the S4 on that Sunday, and my obsession began. Fast forward to about two weeks ago.....and Ian and I came to an accord......we would swap cars. There are many, many things he is doing to the BRZ to improve it, and I'm looking forward to seeing these improvements in early May 2019 at the 2019 NCSQ Spring Meet.

Meet Pics

Pics that drove my obsession.....Thanks Ian for providing these......it 'helped'.....

During the meet, I took a few pics of potential install locations

Sub Location?

Tweeter in sail

Ian already has Illusion Audio nd8 mid bass drivers in the doors. I like the stock look.

Love this wheel!

Ian already has the Audison Thesis 3" drivers in the dash - bonus that is the same driver that I had in the BRZ.....

Some pics after it's first washing this week. These are very amateurish pics.....it was a beautiful morning with incredible fog and vapor coming off of the lake - really wish I could have taken down the road to get pics next to the lake......but a huge pick up crashing into the new car would be disappointing.

Amazing machine in my garage!

The Install Plan:

Source

Stock Head Unit
FiiO X5iii (USB hopefully)
iPhone X (USB)

To MObridge DA-3 and Toslink out to processor

Processor

Helix Pro mkii + Director

Amplification

Mosconi Class A - Tweeters (100 watts x2)
Mosconi Zero3 - Mid Range (250 watts x2)
Mosconi AS200.4 - Mid Bass (200 watts x2) + Sub (900 watts x1)

Speakers

Audison Thesis 1.5 ii Tweeter - mounted in sails
Audison Thesis 3.0 Mid Range - mounted in dash (depending on Mark's recommendation and possibly our evaluation during tuning, the mids may end up in the pillars - I hope not......I like the stock look)
Illusion Audio nd8 Mid Bass - mounted in doors
Subwoofer - Stereo Integrity BM mkV - location pending

I'll be taking the car to Mark Worrell - still figuring out the timing on that.

Some pics I took today after pulling off the front carbon spoiler - I hated pulling it off....but too many entrances to parking lots that would cause me to tear it up.......and we have dead raccoons, possums and the like that would certainly get scooped up by the spoiler......guys who drive these in NYC, SF, and LA don't have to worry so much about those......

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bertholomey For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (10-26-2018), mechatron (10-23-2018), mikey7182 (10-21-2018), naiku (10-22-2018), Notloudenuf (10-22-2018), rton20s (10-22-2018), Truthunter (10-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2018   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 171 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Default re: 2015 Audi S4 - Helix, Sinfoni, Audison Thesis, Stereo Integrity

Guess I'll have to make the spring meet, then.
Gorgeous car.

Jay

JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to JayinMI For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 334 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice....subscribed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Niebur3 For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-21-2018)

Old 10-21-2018   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 84 Audi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enough

Fantastic car and sound system !!!!

I'm loving my 2011 S4 with a very similar set up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Audi_SQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Audi_SQ4 For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018   #5

Rep Power: 14 Mashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enough

Loving the pictures of it! I think you should take the chance and leave the lip on.... hahaha, but thatís the kid inside me talking lol. Definitely in for the install, info, and good conversation like the last thread. Iím going to have to go for a ride in the beast sometime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mashburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Mashburn For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,093 Posts
Rep Power: 440 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new to you car! side note: this still may be my favorite photo of a car ive ever taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertholomey View Post

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (10-22-2018), bertholomey (10-21-2018), mikey7182 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 188 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Congrats on the new to you car! side note: this still may be my favorite photo of a car ive ever taken

I have spent a considerable amount of time in the past 6 months staring at that photo

The Following User Says Thank You to bertholomey For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (10-22-2018)
Old 10-21-2018   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 334 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have spent a considerable amount of time in the past 6 months staring at that photo

Just staring??????? Honestly?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2018   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,093 Posts
Rep Power: 440 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Just staring??????? Honestly?????????
hes also had to restock on jergens a few times, but thats neither here nor there

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
bkjay (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

^^^ lmao!!

Funny that the S4 seems to be a go-to on here lately.... Is it 3 or 4 that Iíve seen built?

Regardless- stunning car and hope to see some magic happening soon! Congrats

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2018   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 170 mikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura about

Weíre twins, right down to the daytona gray!! Beautiful ride man! Looking forward to seeing what you do next! Congrats and welcome to the Audi family 😎

6to8 Aero---B&C DE120 w/ID minis---B&C 6MDN44---B&C 8MBX51---B&C 18DS115---Gladen xs75c6 (x2)---Gladen SPL1800c1
mikey7182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to mikey7182 For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 37 mrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enough

Love the car. Congrats!
mrichard89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to mrichard89 For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018   #13

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,017 Times in 479 Posts
Rep Power: 26015 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Some pics I took today after pulling off the front carbon spoiler - I hated pulling it off....but too many entrances to parking lots that would cause me to tear it up.......and we have dead raccoons, possums and the like that would certainly get scooped up by the spoiler......guys who drive these in NYC, SF, and LA don't have to worry so much about those......
I actually prefer the look of the car without the spoiler. Win, win.

I look forward to seeing what you do with this but most importantly I look forward to getting a listen soon.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErinH For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018), dumdum (01-17-2019)
Old 10-22-2018   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 eddieg will become famous soon enougheddieg will become famous soon enougheddieg will become famous soon enougheddieg will become famous soon enougheddieg will become famous soon enougheddieg will become famous soon enough

One awesome car for one outstanding owner.

The floor matts - I'm sorry, that's the first thing that just jumped out there - do you have any plans to change them? They just don't seem to belong there, don't know... just me.

Superb equipment choices and as well a bigger cabin than the BRZ would give you just a little bit more "play" with your midbass in terms of tuning ability and as well bigger diameter for them on the other hand.

Since you have 8" now I suggest to set a preset at the director to be a none subwoofer mode - I believe that if you'll tune it right you might just get that one point you've lost back at the time - back to your inventory

Can't wait to see the build as it advances.

Subi Legacy 10: Morel+HAT CDM880&L1v1+HybridOvation 602 Sub Audison TH10 BASSO Audison VOCE AV5.1K FullDA Nexus7+SabreDAC with Audison Bit One running the show
eddieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to eddieg For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 130 Tsmith will become famous soon enoughTsmith will become famous soon enoughTsmith will become famous soon enoughTsmith will become famous soon enoughTsmith will become famous soon enoughTsmith will become famous soon enough

Love the new ride. Can't wait to see what you come up with and take a listen
Tsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsmith For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Human (not a robot)

Rep Power: 163 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

You got room for passengers in this car.
I'm looking forward to giving this a listen.
Maybe even before the Spring Meet?

NCSQ
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Notloudenuf For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 104 Razz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enough

This is going to be a stellar build. Time to Ceramic coat it and keepnit protected hope i get to hear it some time!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Razz2o4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Razz2o4 For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018   #18

Rep Power: 30 court will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enough

Very nice ride. If you are near the Raleigh area i would love to hear it.

2015 Jeep Renegade (Kenwood DD, Arc Audio Component, Arc Audio Coaxial, Arc Audio 450.4, Skar Audio Evl 15)
2013 Audi S5 (ID MAX 10, Arc Audio XDi 1100.1, Audio Control Loci2, Arc Audio 600.4)
court is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 79 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, Jason!

Such a sweet looking ride.

Looking forward to seeing your plans for this one.

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by court View Post
Very nice ride. If you are near the Raleigh area i would love to hear it.

Iíll be in Raleigh with the car eventually. Once I get the install done, Iíll reach out. You should definitely try to make the NCSQ Spring Meet in May near Greensboro if you havenít attended one. Iíll post a notice on this thread when the date has been decided and I start a new thread for it.

Old 10-23-2018   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 104 Razz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enoughRazz2o4 will become famous soon enough

I will try to make it this spring as well, although i have told notloudenuf that for the last two years.

Razz2o4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Razz2o4 For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 27 chasingSQ will become famous soon enoughchasingSQ will become famous soon enoughchasingSQ will become famous soon enoughchasingSQ will become famous soon enoughchasingSQ will become famous soon enoughchasingSQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieg View Post
One awesome car for one outstanding owner.

The floor matts - I'm sorry, that's the first thing that just jumped out there - do you have any plans to change them? They just don't seem to belong there, don't know... just me.

Superb equipment choices and as well a bigger cabin than the BRZ would give you just a little bit more "play" with your midbass in terms of tuning ability and as well bigger diameter for them on the other hand.

Since you have 8" now I suggest to set a preset at the director to be a none subwoofer mode - I believe that if you'll tune it right you might just get that one point you've lost back at the time - back to your inventory

Can't wait to see the build as it advances.
these are the oem audi winter mats , because it was winter then , it has the regular mats in it now

2013 brz , P99-helix dsp mk2 pro-director-mosconi-zapco-sinfoni tempo 10-thesis 3.0-thesis 6.0-SI bm mk5. (gone) but not forgotten
2019 subaru STI
2018 new york state meca street champion .
chasingSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz2o4 View Post
This is going to be a stellar build. Time to Ceramic coat it and keepnit protected hope i get to hear it some time!

This has been done by the previous owner - it beads up beautifully

chasingSQ (10-24-2018)
Old 10-25-2018   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey7182 View Post
Weíre twins, right down to the daytona gray!! Beautiful ride man! Looking forward to seeing what you do next! Congrats and welcome to the Audi family

Iíve really enjoyed your build thread. They did an amazing job with the install! Absolutely stellar! Thank you for the welcome! If Iím out in AZ sometime - Iíll touch base

Old 10-26-2018   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Filling in a little time before the install can take place......

Some of the equipment that is ready for the install.

DSP and tweeters.

Remember - Mid Range and Mid Bass is already installed.

And amps - maybe something like this configuration - not sure what the Doctor will come up with.

When I had these painted....I had asked for Ferrari Grey......I didn't know I was getting Audi Daytona Grey Pearl Effect I would have done these outside in natural light, but it is raining.....so here is an imperfect cell phone pic with bad lighting, but I was surprised at the closeness of color.

Chris12 (10-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement