Just some IB pics for 9th gen Accord owners - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2019   #1

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Default Just some IB pics for 9th gen Accord owners

Ok IB in this car is pretty easy my first try was for a single 15. A simple baffle right behind the seatback. There are plenty of factory mounting points without any drilling if you want to utilize. I'll give this one to any 9th gen owners that want to try. Might fit 10th too by looks but im not sure.

I had two of my favorite woofers laying around and decided to make another baffle. This one took forever to complete as i only got a couple of hours each night to work on it. Wasn't hard just lots of work. I could prolly get a trace of the shape of anyone is interested. Anyway haven't done and tuning but seems like it's going to be just what i wanted. Anyway would like to show pics if anyone cares.

Decided on Overkill

Installed

From the back seat side, decided to simplify install and move the dsp from under the dash and the pre from under the seat so they could be grounded together with the amps.

Rest of the system.

Brolly harness to
Helix dsp.2 to
Pjl labs custom dual stage tube preamp to
Nvx jad800.4 to
AF GB15
Stevens mb6 2 ohm
Alpine pdx m12 to
Jbl Gti 1500 15s

Last edited by dcfis; 06-20-2019 at 11:48 PM..
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dcfis For This Useful Post:
Chris12 (06-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019   #2

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Just some IB pics for 9th gen Accord owners

Pics showing for anyone?
Old 06-19-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 148 Bluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enough

Not showing...

In my music, I'm trying to play the truth of what I am. The reason it's difficult is because I'm changing all the time.

- Charles Mingus
Bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 nyquistrate will become famous soon enoughnyquistrate will become famous soon enoughnyquistrate will become famous soon enoughnyquistrate will become famous soon enoughnyquistrate will become famous soon enoughnyquistrate will become famous soon enough

Me neither. I haven't started on my baffle yet (different car) so I check all the installs I can for ideas.
nyquistrate is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 47 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Pics not showing yet. Did you or plan to do a baffle for the rear deck?
Bnlcmbcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019   #6

Enthusiast

Damn, ok I'll try to pull the laptop out tonight.

As far as the rear deck, possibly. Though i didn't think i missed it in terms of performance with the single woofer but you never know until you try. If there are any rew tuning issues then i will for sure. If it measures well and is loud enough i prolly won't.

It's got two layers of cld a layer of ensolite then mlv and a layer of .5" ccf. The speaker holes are blocked with wood in the cut out of the speaker.
Old 06-19-2019   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 47 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Cool. I was just curious. Contemplating going IB for my civic down the road. Iím stoked to see how yours came out.
Bnlcmbcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 182 fish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enough

I always like to see IB pics!

On a side note, what do you think about the Stevens MB6?

'17 Hyundai Sonata SE : Alpine PXE-0850S - Alpine PDX-V9 - Illusion C3CX - Audiofrog GS60 - Kicker SoloClassic15 (x2, IB)
fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019   #9

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
I always like to see IB pics!

On a side note, what do you think about the Stevens MB6?
Love them, Buttt.... You have to not rely on them to go low. They have huge impact just not below 80-90 hz above that they are stellar so your subs need to be able to pick up some slack and play higher.
Old 06-20-2019   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 361 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Holy beefy baffle!

Kenwood DDX9905S | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rton20s For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019   #11

Enthusiast

Ha yeah, definitely had too much fun with the Jasper jig and mobile solutions flush trim bit, made it quick, easy and perfect. It also allows me to go back to AEs and clear everything if i feel the need
Old 06-20-2019   #12

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 94 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

I think that thing would stop a cannon ball! Nice work, man!!!

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
My wife was furious when she overheard me say I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2019   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 182 fish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
Love them, Buttt.... You have to not rely on them to go low. They have huge impact just not below 80-90 hz above that they are stellar so your subs need to be able to pick up some slack and play higher.
Thanks for your input. Pics showed up... nice, solid baffle that looks well thought out.

'17 Hyundai Sonata SE : Alpine PXE-0850S - Alpine PDX-V9 - Illusion C3CX - Audiofrog GS60 - Kicker SoloClassic15 (x2, IB)
fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2019   #14

Rep Power: 35 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Wow, that's gotta be some huge bass in the cabin. I think I've seen only one other IB build in the Accord. I think it was keep_hope_alive?

2014 Honda Accord LX - JL Audio C2-650, Kicker CSC674, Helix DSP Pro MK1, Pioneer GM-D8604, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2019   #15

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
Wow, that's gotta be some huge bass in the cabin. I think I've seen only one other IB build in the Accord. I think it was keep_hope_alive?
Thanks man doing shake downs for the next week or so to test strengths and weaknesses. Keep hope alive is a legend but he had a ported Hertz sub. Lashlee or something similar had IB. This car should go straight ib as there are perfect mounting points for both the baffles i made.

Bass is different than you might expect. It doesn't shake panels and vibrate everything bass is on the windshield and more of jabs and punches than all enveloping. Like super headphone bass that hits your chest
The Following User Says Thank You to dcfis For This Useful Post:
Chris12 (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019   #16

Rep Power: 20 Chris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
Bass is different than you might expect. It doesn't shake panels and vibrate everything bass is on the windshield and more of jabs and punches than all enveloping. Like super headphone bass that hits your chest
I agree with your comment on the bass being different.

If I turn my sub up itíll actually start bothering my stomach after a while.

DDX9905s HU | MiniDSP | JL XD Amps | AE SBP15
Scan Be 3004-604010 | Esotar≤ 430 | JL ZR800
Chris12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2019   #17

Rep Power: 73 backousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enough

gti 15s sound good at ib?
i think is excursion is limited.they are awesome at ported
backousis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2019   #18

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by backousis View Post
gti 15s sound good at ib?
i think is excursion is limited.they are awesome at ported
They do really well. They are basically a jbl 2226 has a 15mm pp xmax but a massive 40mm xmech. The 2226 has been used for the last 40 years as subs in many/most of the concerts, clubs, theatres you've been to. They have a"house" sound. It's not a low flat sub in the car i still have to cut a good bit under 30hz as that's cabin gain. They really snap at kick drum and are super punchy.

Comparing to my 1b favorite the ae spb it has slightly less motor force but 40 gram less cone weight which if you know the ae is hard to believe. The Qs are all very close between the two. Until the spb it was pretty much the lowest inductance sub at .9 that i had seen. I got an email to John to see if ae measures at 1kz or averages. Ae is louder but the jbl are punchier

X Max doesn't really matter as they both are barely moving on 600 Watts each sub on music. I guess it would be pushing them to hard if you play 15hz sine waves but they overwhelm the midbass while barely moving.
Old 06-21-2019   #19

Rep Power: 73 backousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enoughbackousis will become famous soon enough

i know what they are.
i have 4 gti 1200
1 in the car and 3 at home looking for one more for home.
my favorite subs too.
i just didn't know about ib.
the 1200 is not good for ib it runs out of excursion easily.
i guess 2x1500 is enough
Old 06-21-2019   #20

Enthusiast

Nice man, there is one on eBay for cheap i nearly jumped at a few times just don't have and 12" projects. I bet they would do better than you think as the motor is so similar and the specs are close. If you look at the White papers jbl winks and nods 17+ mm one way is within the parameters. Live sounds guys abuse these things all day and pay extra for the known ability to take abuse.

Also are you talking about true home audio ib or big leaky box trunk baffle? If the home audio way i agree 100%
Old 06-21-2019   #21

i am in europe but no worries.they come up at ebay.de from time to time.
i have try one at car and it was not enough.maybe i should try a pair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement