I have no self control.... 2002 Jag XJR small build - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 154 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Default I have no self control.... 2002 Jag XJR small build

I swore! I promised! I said no way am I installing a stereo in this car. Bought an amazing condition 2002 Jaguar XJR with only 53k miles on it for 1/3 its value. Had to do tires, shocks and that was it. Car just had more in maintenance performed 500 miles before I bought it than the car cost. Two owner, garage kept and just super clean. Here are a few shots:

So I really wanted to keep the system stock because I have no self control. The factory sub surround is gone so its useless (sucks even when new, 6x9 DVC) and I thought well since cant fit anything larger back there because of the gas tank that maybe I can just order some TM65IIIs from Nick and call it a day. I talk with Nick and we arrange for a pair and discuss his new SQL 12" sub. So great, now I want it. So I now have that on the way as well which ment I needed an amp for the sub but I am trying not to spend money on a system! I still want the exhaust kit and I gotta repaint my house and my wifes car needs its paint corrected and she wants new blinds and all that other adult stuff. Well good ol DIYMA to the rescue. Scottrwalters hooked me up with an Arc XDi 1100.1 for what i sold my last two at (just sold them not long ago cause I figured I was done with my car stereos lol). So great, adding better mids and now will have some bass. I want it to look stock, didnt wanna change the deck. I aint doing an SQ system and am fine with streaming Pandora in the car. But I realize that the OEM Alpine tweeters just wont hang. I wanted SI tweeters but no way they are fitting without pods and I really want the car stock looking so that ment small, shallow tweeters. Settled on a pair of Alpine 3/8" titaniums for $40.
So I headed over to my buddies audio shop so we could discuss where I want the sub molded into the side of the trunk and the carpet match doesnt have to be perfect and just a nice sealed 1cf enclosure out of MDF to fit in the corner. He knows me so that quickly morphed into an actual mold it in job so it looks like factory and he has an idea for the amp on how to show it off when i was thinking just throw it in the spare tire well and call it a day. lol
I tell him about the tweeters I wanted him to order for me and he shows me another set of Alpines, the Type R 10TWs and offers me a deal I just cant say no to. He then casually mentions he happens to have the Arc 600.4 to match the 1100.1 thats out of warranty but works (and they are an ARC dealer) and is out of his car that I could have for a special deal.
Damnit!
He then says "Ya know, we could just add a DSP so you can keep your stock deck and play CDs and keep its NAV but also allow HD streaming of bluetooth and also plug in an HD hard drive or USB drive" ARGH!!!!!!
All I wanted was a pair of mids and now.....darnit.

I am trying to just stick with:
Alpine Type-R 10TWs
SI TM65IIIs
SI SQL 12
Arc XDi 1100.1
Custom molded box

I have a feeling while the car sits there for a week it will have the Arc XDi 600.4 added as well as the DSP with the controller mounted in the sunglass holder. lol

I have no self control.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaserSVT For This Useful Post:
chithead (2 Weeks Ago), Coppertone (3 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Rep Power: 279 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: I have no self control.... 2002 Jag XJR small build

Those are terrible for bass. A single 10" in a truck box stuffed behind the front seat was louder than a pair of ported W12GTi's in the trunk in my XJ Sport.
ca90ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ca90ss For This Useful Post:
LaserSVT (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 154 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

LOL, I wouldnt doubt it. Thats why I am stuffing all four doors with the TM65s since they will play to 40hz without issue. The sub will just be playing the low lows.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Rep Power: 279 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

If you decide to replace the stereo I still have the adapter plate you can have for the cost of shipping.
Jaguar XJ8/XJR/Vanden Plas Radio Adapter Dash Kit 1998 – 2003 – Hard To Find Auto Accessories
ca90ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Bad influencer!!!! LMAO

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

"Smells like a man" she says as I open the box.......

So I swore I wouldnt do a stereo in the old Jag but here I am with the first bits rolling in. Arc XDi 1100.1 for the sub still en route, Stereo Integrity Mids and air fresheners..... I didnt expect the air freshener but was tickled when I saw it and made my wife laugh. I open the box and exclaim "Oh joy! Air fresheners that look like the speakers!" and see my wife looking at me like a simpleton. Yeah, small things interest me. So I hand her an air freshener as I discover a sticker and she opens it and says "It smells like a man" ......

To be continued.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaserSVT For This Useful Post:
cadaver (2 Weeks Ago), chithead (2 Weeks Ago), Coppertone (1 Week Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 diy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enough

that's a really flat speaker!

diy.phil
diy.phil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

One the good side, the sub showed up today! What a beast! Cant wait to hear it.

On the bad side I have zero self control. I bought a Matt R modded Pioneer P99 with all the modules and an Arc XDi 600.4 and sound deadening.

Here we go again! lol

Old 3 Days Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

The rest of the goodness has arrived! Monday we start the install.

Old 3 Days Ago   #10

Rep Power: 34 ckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
The rest of the goodness has arrived! Monday we start the install.

Get some fire insurance. Jaguar can't seem to do electrical systems correctly.
ckirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #11

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 95 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Have u seen elgrossos thread?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Not an issue on the X308 cars. I also went with small class D amps as to not tax it much.

Old 3 Days Ago   #13

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 95 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
Have u seen elgrossos thread?

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...173370?page=51

Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #14

Rep Power: 12 flgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enough

I dig the Jag. Have fun! Can't own a car with a crap system... there's just something wrong with that!
flgfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to flgfish For This Useful Post:
LaserSVT (3 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 99 bassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enough

I'm ready for this install. Looks like the new SQL 12".

I wonder if two BM MKVs could fit under each seat?
bassace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement