2019 GMC Sierra SLT install - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019   #1

Rep Power: 4 chewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enough

Default 2019 GMC Sierra SLT install

K going to document what I am doing and incite some subjective criticism and help. Iíve purchased all my equipment so Iím already invested in that!
Here is the breakdown of what Iím installing.

0/2 gauge wire to distribution to 4 gauge
LLJ Custom T harness
AudioControl DM-810
AudioControl LC-6.1200
Focal PS 165F3
AudioControl amc-4.300
Focal PC 165F
Alpine MRV-M500
Jl CS110TG-TW3

Noico 80 mil
Noico 170 mil foam

I think thatís all. Lol

So far I have deadened 2 doors. One I did wrong and didnít leave enough room for the clips as well didnít fill in the hole with tin which I have done on the one so far. Also finished the rear wall and amp racks. Took down the headliner 3/4 of the way and did what I could from that point. Issues I had there were broke 3 clips and ended up epoxying them back together again. As well forgot to freakin plug the rear light back in. Agh!!!!! So thatís on the to do list.

Anyway. Iíll post what I can for picks if anyone with a similar vehicle is interested in anything let me know. I know I needed lots of help and required a lot of patience to figure this all out.

Iíll post as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chewpeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019   #2

Rep Power: 4 chewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enoughchewpeg will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2019 GMC Sierra SLT install

IMG_1955.JPGIMG_1948.JPGIMG_1947.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1939.JPG

Old 09-02-2019   #3

Should note a bit of background. I build houses so pretty familiar with working hard. When I was younger (Iím 37 now) I was into stereos. Havenít done any in forever always been just ok with the Bose in my trucks for the last while. Decided after getting this truck about a month ago that Iíd add a sub............... why stop there. Lol so now I have my hands full going to install all this into my truck and then learn the how to on tuning. Thatís going to be the tough part I think Iím going to learn.

Old 09-02-2019   #4

Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

When you ordered the llj harness did you ask them to delete the chimes in the harness?
ToNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2019   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
When you ordered the llj harness did you ask them to delete the chimes in the harness?

No I didnít. What do you mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to chewpeg For This Useful Post:
ToNasty (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019   #6

Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewpeg View Post
No I didnít. What do you mean?

These trucks have annoying chimes when you amplify the signal. You need something to tame the chime volume. I went round and round with llj and finally said no thanks. You might at well grab a jl fix 86 to take care of the chimes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2019   #7

Quote:
These trucks have annoying chimes when you amplify the signal. You need something to tame the chime volume. I went round and round with llj and finally said no thanks. You might at well grab a jl fix 86 to take care of the chimes

The 2019 you can turn the chimes down. Not sure if this would help the situation. Wonder if this AudioControl dm810 simular to the fix from what I understand will help with that at all. What do you think?

Old 09-02-2019   #8

Quote:
The 2019 you can turn the chimes down. Not sure if this would help the situation. Wonder if this AudioControl dm810 simular to the fix from what I understand will help with that at all. What do you think?

Same with a 14-18. But now you're amplifying the signal. And you cant turn them down enough

The Following User Says Thank You to ToNasty For This Useful Post:
chewpeg (09-02-2019)
Old 09-04-2019   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Same with a 14-18. But now you're amplifying the signal. And you cant turn them down enough

Itís true. I have an Ď18 and my chimes are super loud even after turning them down on the factory hu

Golden Ear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ear View Post
Itís true. I have an Ď18 and my chimes are super loud even after turning them down on the factory hu

Maybe you should wear your seatbelt!! Lol

Ya this is a concern. Yikes. How bad is it?

Old 09-04-2019   #11

Quote:

Its annoyingly loud. And it's the blinker sounds and door open chime and low fuel chime.

Old 09-04-2019   #12

Quote:
Its annoyingly loud. And it's the blinker sounds and door open chime and low fuel chime.

Ya this is bad news. Very sad. Worse than yesterday installing one of my rear speakers I turned around and the speaker fell and pulled the tiny wires out of the cone. Bad luck lately.

Old 09-04-2019   #13

Rep Power: 72 txsound will become famous soon enoughtxsound will become famous soon enoughtxsound will become famous soon enoughtxsound will become famous soon enoughtxsound will become famous soon enoughtxsound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ya this is bad news. Very sad. Worse than yesterday installing one of my rear speakers I turned around and the speaker fell and pulled the tiny wires out of the cone. Bad luck lately.

Don't give up! Think of the end result. Keep the updates coming and good Luck!

txsound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Haha! Seatbelts are for sissies lol

Itís pretty darn loud. I had to turn the volume up at the dsp and thatís why theyíre so loud. Iím my truck itís mainly the chime when you turn the truck on.

Golden Ear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsound View Post
Don't give up! Think of the end result. Keep the updates coming and good Luck!

Thanks man. Needed this one. Really struggling lately. Built a garage on the weekend and working while doing this project is taking a toll.

Was look omg for some finish in anything so decided to run the speakers in the rear doors. Ran the wire thru the current door gaskets which conveniently there is just enough room below the door clip to slide speaker wire thru. Anyway got it all in with some baffles from Crutchfield which work amazingly. The reached over to grab the screw and let go of the speaker while I had it all connected and the speaker fell. Just a mess. Broke the wires coming out of the cone and the connector broke off the frame. Just sooooo frustrating. So hopefully a electronic shop can fix it.

One good news is took a quick glance at where Iím going to mount the tweeters and I am going to Mount them under true current mid range location on the dash with the new midrange. Cutting it out of the dash and drilling holes in the dash cover where they make it look like a speaker. Be getting to that after the weekend thou to finish. Still working on the sound dampening.

Floor and two front doors to go. IMG_1957.JPGIMG_1957.JPGIMG_1957.JPG

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chewpeg For This Useful Post:
BigAl205 (09-04-2019), cadaver (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 09-04-2019   #16

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #17

Updates. Speaker fixed yay!! Truck totally sound deadened and ready for a system.
LLJ Customs is a total nightmare!!!! Wow is all I can say. Everyone was right they are total jerks and donít do anything they say. I waited 24 days after being so patient and understanding and nothing. Made a claim thru PayPal and they shipped it to themselves to show they are doing something about it but wouldnít ship until I ended the dispute which would give their money back. Totally brutal and I should have listened to everyone.

K so Iím back to square one and need help on what to do. I have my sub and amp, 3 way focals and rear fill now I need
1) harness to obtain the audio source (remember I have a 2019 with Bose).
2) DSP
3) 8 channel amp or some combination of that.

My thought was all audio control but now am totally open to whatever as I have been thru too much with LLJ that I need help. Please. Lol
Thinking AudioControl or Audison!! I guess where I donít have options is where and how to tap into the speaker wires.

The Following User Says Thank You to chewpeg For This Useful Post:
cyber5-0 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #18

Quote:
Updates. Speaker fixed yay!! Truck totally sound deadened and ready for a system.
LLJ Customs is a total nightmare!!!! Wow is all I can say. Everyone was right they are total jerks and don’t do anything they say. I waited 24 days after being so patient and understanding and nothing. Made a claim thru PayPal and they shipped it to themselves to show they are doing something about it but wouldn’t ship until I ended the dispute which would give their money back. Totally brutal and I should have listened to everyone.

K so I’m back to square one and need help on what to do. I have my sub and amp, 3 way focals and rear fill now I need
2) DSP

My thought was all audio control but now am totally open to whatever as I have been thru too much with LLJ that I need help. Please. Lol
Thinking AudioControl or Audison!! I guess where I don’t have options is where and how to tap into the speaker wires.

Do you use the radio and xm? If not just use the dsp as a standalone unit. Using your phone or hi res player as a source unit. Its what I'm doing in my 16
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #19

Quote:
Do you use the radio and xm? If not just use the dsp as a standalone unit. Using your phone or hi res player as a source unit. Its what I'm doing in my 16

That does sound good and Iíd think about it but I still need the Bluetooth for the phone and such so that wonít work but Iím defiantly thinking of the HD thing.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #20

Quote:
That does sound good and Iíd think about it but I still need the Bluetooth for the phone and such so that wonít work but Iím defiantly thinking of the HD thing.

The beauty of that. Is the oem headunit will still work. You could mount a set of speakers under the dash or somewhere hidden for bluetooth calls. For me it's easy because I'm not using my oem dash locations do my oem dash speakers and rear speakers will still work

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #21

Quote:
The beauty of that. Is the oem headunit will still work. You could mount a set of speakers under the dash or somewhere hidden for bluetooth calls. For me it's easy because I'm not using my oem dash locations do my oem dash speakers and rear speakers will still work

I canít do it. Use the phone and such too much to go this route. Plus I mounted my 3Ē and tweeter in the dash already. What a situation I blame it all on those Llj bums.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22

After hours of reading and reading and trying to choose on what brand of DSP and amps to go with this is what Iím gettting closer to pulling the trigger on.

T harness from some random guy name john. Very helpful guy. Sounds like I might have to wait till I can get a cleaner sound input from the oem amp (nav tv is testing one out) before I go further but since Iím so deep now I will continue my build and see what happens. Might just plug the focals into the Bose amp for now.

MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 DL very excited to play with this!!

Amps Iím stuck and donít know which brand to go with. Right now contemplating jl HD 600.4 for woofer and rear fill (both at 4ohms) then a bit weaker amp for the mid and tweeter at 8ohms. Idk ideas!!!?

Btw LLJ Customs can really F off. Please anyone who reads this back away. They have steered me so wrong in this process and have wasted a ton of my money. Really hurts.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #23

Rep Power: 12 ajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enough

That's a real bummer about the LLC harness. Was hoping to use them for a buddies truck but guess I'll have to figure something else out.

Keep plugging away! We'll all get to the finish line eventually, haha.
ajt976 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 135 cyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
LLJ Customs is a total nightmare!!!! Wow is all I can say. Everyone was right they are total jerks and donít do anything they say. I waited 24 days after being so patient and understanding and nothing. Made a claim thru PayPal and they shipped it to themselves to show they are doing something about it but wouldnít ship until I ended the dispute which would give their money back. Totally brutal and I should have listened to everyone.

K so Iím back to square one and need help on what to do. I have my sub and amp, 3 way focals and rear fill now I need
2) DSP

Thinking AudioControl or Audison!! I guess where I donít have options is where and how to tap into the speaker wires.

Yeah, LLJ Customs is terrible. I just posted about my experience with them in the Member Reviews section here on DIYMA.
cyber5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cyber5-0 For This Useful Post:
chewpeg (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #25

Rep Power: 20 Mitchc1113 will become famous soon enoughMitchc1113 will become famous soon enoughMitchc1113 will become famous soon enoughMitchc1113 will become famous soon enoughMitchc1113 will become famous soon enoughMitchc1113 will become famous soon enough

I guess I was lucky and dealt with them early enough before they started taking on WAY more orders than they can handle. I got my harness for my 2018 GMC Terrain Denali in a week, this was in January however. I've seen a lot of posts of ppl upset the last few months...

As for my 2018 Silverado I use the Pac Audio Ap4-gm61 Amp Pro, it's a specific plug n play harness for the Most 50 GM units. IMO it's by far the best unit for getting signal to your amps. 3 sets of 4 or 5 volt rca pre outs, optional toslink output. Plug n play so no splicing into harness and it does not amplify chimes, in fact you can actually control chime volume even more with these, can mute it if u like. But the best part is it fixes the piss poor signal and equalization done by the factory, like a JL Fix 86 would, except it's made for these trucks. I'm just not sure if they are compatible with the 2019s or not?? I use the Amp Pro to give signal to my Dayton Audio DSP-408 then from DSP to my amps. My sound is amazing!

If the Pac is compatible with 19s I'd recommend that, if not also look into the NAV-TV unit, basically does the same exact thing it's just a bit more exspensive. Last I saw they had them on sale tho, they were marked down from like $800 to around $400 if I remember correctly. Again will have to check compatibility with the 2019s...

Good luck tho and nice job with the deadener, looks clean AF! And trust me I think we all understand ur frustration with things going wrong. It never fails when you DIY. Always the little shit too, forgetting to plug a harness back in, or my favorite the I didnt account for something, have to move a component 4" and then my wire ends up being 1-2" short... its such a PITA! Esp when you cut to length, wrap in techflex, possibly put on a ferrule and then heat shrink... makes u not want to do it again sometimes! And in my case I need my truck every week so whatever I do I have to finish and put truck back together a lot, think I've removed back seats 100 times now! Doors prob 15+, lol.

But it's all worth it in the end when u look at ur install n think damn, I did that? Looks really good, then u play it and ur even more satisfied. So hang in there man!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Mitchc1113 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement