2016 Camry Phase 1 Install - help - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 BigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enough

Default 2016 Camry Phase 1 Install - help

I started the first phase of my install yesterday. This was the install of the Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX and the GM-D8704. I had a local install guy help with the install. He is mobile and I could not take my car to drop off for a day.

The install went OK. He ran into a few issues. The main ones being the shipment of wrong products not caught until install was pretty deep in. If anyone has any suggestions on how to diagnose #1-#3 on my own as a DIYer, that would be tremendously helpful.

Issue #1: The mechanical, foot emergency brake stopped working. This could be coincidence, but it happened immediately after the install.

Issue #2: The console USB port is not working.
Edit: Partially corrected. The USB port works with a thumb drive. When connecting my Galaxy Note 9, the cable is not always making a connection to the phone. When it does make a connection, the 4500NEX states "Incompatible USB Device". I am starting to research that part of the issue now.

Issue #3: The phone buttons on the steering wheel are not working. I did verify that these are on the Wallet Card from the Maestro RR flash.

Issue #4: This was an issue with the 4-channel RCA shipped. It was suppose to be 17 feet, but they shipped a 12 foot cable. It was not realized until after all the cable runs were complete and he was about 3 feet short to the amp. He had to use butt-connectors and a 6-foot RCA cable to get the connected. Not the best solution, but the only option available. Unfortunately, I may just live with it because I don't want to have to re-run the entire cabling myself.

Outside of these issues, the sound is incredible compared to the stock head unit. No tuning or anything has been done, but the volume can get to where I like it, the sound coming out is much clearer. I have quite a bit of learning to do with Android Auto and some of the other features. I am guessing part of this has to do with the USB not working.

Last edited by BigMoe; 1 Week Ago at 05:23 AM..
BigMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 69 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2016 Camry Phase 1 Install - help

#1: Sounds like coincidence but the linkage could of been impacted during the install. Check if there were any wires run around or behind the area of the e-brake foot pedal linkage. This could be the issue if the installer ran the power/rca wires down the driver side.

#3: Those buttons have to be programmed to work in the Maestro Weblink Updater PC software.
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
BigMoe (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Rep Power: 0 BigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enoughBigMoe will become famous soon enough

The Emergency Brake is not electrical. It is the old mechanical foot pedal brake that you mash down. It goes, but does not lock.

I will be looking into the update to the Maestro and try to get to it this weekend. Dorian will impact what I can do the next day or two.
BigMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Rep Power: 79 rayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enough

Did you ask your installer about the brake problem FIRST?
rayray881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 69 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoe View Post
The Emergency Brake is not electrical. It is the old mechanical foot pedal brake that you mash down. It goes, but does not lock.
I know - I have the same vehicle and experienced the same issue... But mine was caused by acoustical treatments interfering with the mechanical linkage. Like I said, check if any wires were rounted around that area - they could be routed in a way that impedes the full mechanical travel of the pedal. If so, they could also be in a position which the metal linkages could cause damage to the wires and possibly short out.
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement