DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

New Stencil Added to DIYMA Classifieds

25K views 82 replies 28 participants last post by  schmiddr2 
#1 ·
You will notice that any time you try to post a new thread in the DIYMA classified section there is a set outline of content waiting for you. We adopted this idea from www.caraudioclassifieds.org where it seems to work very well.

From now on, it will be required that in order to post up a for sale thread, you will have to complete the entire stencil. Failure to do so will result in the deletion of the classified thread.

Thanks for reading.

ANT

#21 ·
X 2 ...On that and there is dealing with trigger happy (caco)mods that do not give you 3 mins of a break to edit your posts, to conform to the rules and then have the mod's, "kiss-ass crowd", attempt to win brownie points, by acting like the A$$-HOLES that they are.

#3 ·
Yeah, I hate this too. I like to do editorials in my f/s posts.

#5 · (Edited)
I acknowledge its merit for new people coming here to sell but I think its something people can stop doing if thy have enough transactions or itraders or you know the guy is legit. I dunno, I just hate the "pictures with name or itll get deleted" from some lil schmuck at CA even though Ive been selling car audio on the internet there for 7 years with good rep. Just annoys me, but yes I think this method is good for people who are new to the site or do not sell much.

If Dat says:

"Got 10 sets of massive comps first to pay gets em", his rep is good enough that I dont question it.

#7 ·
Ugh, I actually didn't even try to sell anything over there after the first one because it was such a hassle. I guess at least all the vague stupid WTB posts and nobody new people trying to sell expensive equipment will have to make a reasonable attempt at selling their wares. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a less specific list of rules than the other place, I really hated the name/date with the product ****. Well, adapt or perish!!!!

#8 · (Edited)
Can part of the rules be proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation in the name of looking like a semi-intelligent life form when trying to sell people you've never met or talked to used car audio electronics over the internet? I know it would make my life not as stressed if I could just read proper English when scanning over the site. It's bad enough that it seems like every sign I see when out and about has somehow made it past all of the people involved in the design, production, construction, installation, and purchase of it and yet still somehow still says "Your on camera" instead of "You're on camera". AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

Just an idea:rolleyes:

#9 ·
Honestly, I'm just happy to see that pictures are required. I hate the F/S threads that start off with "I can get pictures tomorrow"... doesn't seem like many of them do.

It behooves you as a seller to take pictures. On second thought, maybe it's Darwinism working on sellers who aren't bright enough to take pictures at all...

#11 ·
3.5 years, perfect rating with more sales than purchases and now i have to do this. i agree, this is one of the main reasons i don't like posting on caco or ca anymore and now it is here. my ads are clearly written, user proper grammar and have full explanations and disclosures. i agree with salad - if you are going to put restrictions on how they are to be posted then what is posted should be addressed as well.

how long until the classifieds are broken down into sections? may as well make the assimilation complete.

#12 ·
I don't see the issue because I've pretty much been writing all my F/S threads like this for the past couple years.
I can say for certain that it helps me sell things more quickly.

The only thing I don't already do is put my name with the pictures, but it's no more trouble to grab a piece of paper, write my name on it, and snap the pic.

To each his own, I suppose... I personally don't have an issue with it, though.

(no, just because I'm a mod doesn't mean that this idea is mine or any other mods')

#13 ·
terrible!!!! thats why i dont sell on CACO... what a pain.. this should be for people under a certain post count, or cetain i trader or something.. i just hate the whole paper name thing, what a insult for anyone been selling a while on here... one of the main reasons i like this site so much, seemed much more laid back, a better trust factor on here as well.. i mean give me a break, a guy selling with 60 post just to place a ad i can see with pics and paper, name etc, but not guys with 600-700 or way on up like some with several thousand.. there should be a pass on some of those, especially when people are paying on this site.. we would like something for our money...

#14 ·
OK, how in the HELL do you EXPLAIN this ad then? I mean **** 20 items in one ad....without a SINGLE picture?

we have a mass amout of image dynamics stuff to get rid off, anybody need or want something let me know, some examples

anything else just ask

Q amps

450.4 325

700.2 350

600.1 325

1200.1 500 shipped

I series amps

4500 250

2300 200

2600 285

5800 315

xs65 components 350 shipped

cxs components 280 shipped

ctx components 130 shipped

ctx coaxials

4s, 4x6, 75 shipped

5, 5x7,6, 6.5 inch 105 shipped

ID subs

8 80 shipped

10s 125

12s 135

15s 175

ctx subs

10s and 12s 80 each shipped

IDQs and IDmax's are on back order for another 2 weeks as stated by dan at image dynamics

#16 · (Edited)
As you can see, I find the paper insulting not to mention all my pics are on the same bamboo engineered floors

I do agree that pics are necessary and should be included in all FS posts.

#23 ·
classifieds are even a pain to read through now. especially with that gay little disclaimer at the bottom. nice thought i suppose. how long until a certain amount needs to go to the site for hosting the sale?

if you're gonna organize the site, why not start with all the ridiculously similar "which amp/sub should i get?" threads? and not the classifieds section. if its a poorly set-up "for sale" or "want to buy" thread, then any ridicule should be considered normal and expected.

#24 ·
I posted up a WTB thread, looking for some power plugs... man that was a pain in the arse :)... It took me longer to do that, than to just explain what i need quickly...

ANT work with us plllleeeeaaassseee :)

#25 ·
This was difficult?

1. Product Brand & Model: Orion G4 275

2. Specs: new/used, good shape anyway

3. Descriptions/Condition of all items: I need the 2 power plugs

4. Total Price: :

5. Shipping Terms: :

6. Reason for Selling:

7. Pictures: - Must include at least one pic with a slip of paper showing your DIYMA user name & the date you posted the classified thread WITH THE ITEM FOR SALE.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
-----------------------------------------------

This message is automatically inserted in all classified threads.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

1) Telephone number.
Call the number back at an unspecified time and make sure that it is the person's correct phone number.

2) Name and address including postal code.

3) Valid e-mail address.
Send an e-mail requesting a response to information about the deal being made.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself. DIY Mobile Audio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on our site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Once your transaction is complete, please use iTrader to record feedback for the other party.

Potential buyers should check iTrader feedback also before persuing any transaction.

#26 ·
Yes, a bunch of stuff not needed in there.... and to type it out quickly is far easier than to move that cursor to each and every section.. Really your gonna bust my balls now, wow and after all this stuff, i still just upgraded my membership 10 min. ago to support this site even more...

#27 ·
Not a full on ball bustin, just thought it was lil funny. I think most people see where your coming from and you seem like a good person mr. vendor. :)

I agree a lot of the standard info was not needed for your WTB thread; I don't think the format will change unless there is a separate WTB sub-forum (and I don't want that).

The issues brought up in this tread are being discussed and Ant will make any changes, when he can. Seems there's always some kinks to work out when making changes like this.

#29 ·
Hey, i get cranky like anyone else;) We all know Ant is busy as hell, he took some time out to help me get some things done... I think a seperate WTB section would be great.. and you say you dont want that.. On a clearly objective level, what in your honest opinion do you think the pro's or con's would be... i would think a seperate WTB classified section would be good, then people can go right to that section and post to those people if they have what they are looking for, but thats my take on it... I could very well be looking at the subject wrong, this is why i ask your opinioin.

#28 ·
I just made a few changed to the outline.
The biggest on being that any member whos last 5 iTrade feedabck rating are 100% positive, will not have to post the picture with the slip of paper.

ANT

Product Brand & Model:

Condition of all items:

Total Price: :

Shipping Terms: :

Reason for Selling:

Pictures: - Posting a picture of the exact itme for sale is mandatory
(Unless your last 5 iTrader feedbacks on this forum are positive, you must include at least one pic with a slip of paper showing your DIYMA user name & the date you posted the classified thread WITH THE ITEM FOR SALE.)

Any additional infor you want us to know:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
-----------------------------------------------

This message is automatically inserted in all classified threads.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers is responsibel for doing their own due dilligence when considering any financial enguagment on DIYMA.

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.

2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verifiy their info.

3) Valid e-mail address. Corrispond beofre committing

4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIY Mobile Audio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on our site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Once your transaction is complete, please use iTrader to record feedback for the other party.

Potential buyers should check iTrader feedback also before persuing any transaction.

#30 ·
I just made a few changed to the outline.
The biggest on being that any member whos last 5 iTrade feedabck rating are 100% positive, will not have to post the picture with the slip of paper.

ANT
Ant your the man... Now i gotta find something to post to see how its working.. i know i got something here...:)

#38 ·
WOW, lets address this for you.. you seem to have some issues with this board...

I hear you, being a Libertarian I totally agree with the concept... If someone wants to throw up a post with minimal content, that's their choice. If there's not enough info for me to consider buying the goods that's their bad luck....Well it is totally up to the SELLER, he CAN and WILL do as he/she pleases... If he is not clear enough or chooses not to give out enough information, that is totally his fault, you cant complain, after all it is HIS/HER stuff to sell, just move on as you have said you do....

On the other hand (I'm also a Libra ), this board is ANT's private property, he should be able to say what he wants to see on it. Here, at least, it's your choice: Play by the rules or go somewhere else to sell your ****. I may or may not be looking at your ad. I'm in the 50+/$100K+ category, just how many of my demographic do you want to ignore? But I'm a Libertarian, you can do what you want.... This is ANT's board, but ANY good business man/woman knows you cant operate anything without some capital, this is why there are members here who PAY on this site, you may be the small guy who visits occasional and just wants some free posts on the board, then there are those that pay to help SUPPORT the board (ummm, you are a paying supporter), and as far as the RULES, hey its like any business, were like a bunch of investors, we dont care for something, or would like to see some improvements, we ask or express our opinions, and with enough of them, changes can and will happen.. This also goes to the support ANT has here on this site, and ANT does look at things, and he already made a change, and im sure he felt it was in the forums best interest.. As far as your AGE or your INCOME, that does not matter one bit to me, (maybe to others, but i personally dont care), rich, poor, middle income, 18, 23, 50, 99, just dont care BECAUSE it shouldnt matter, all potential customers are treated the same..., OH, and me personally i dont sell **** here, just good honest electronics....

Personally, I think that posters with a certain minimum of iTrader positives should be given some leeway. If they don't want to take the time to give me and others like me enough info to consider their sale without extra effort to find out just WTF they're selling, so be it. But I don't run this board and the person that does has said this is the way it's gonna be. The fact that I like what he said is irrelevant, it's just the way it is. Deal with it....... Well AGAIN, its totally up to the SELLER, as a buyer you have the RIGHT to pass and look at another post, its FREE TRADE!!!!..... And yes WE as a group DID deal with it, we posted what we thought, ANT considered, and ANT made a few changes... I am POSITIVE there will be many more growing pains and changes down the line..... Regardless, I for one have supported this site, like the site, and will continue on the site UNLESS things go straight down the drain... Anyone else is grown, and can and will make up their own minds....

BTW, you could do with a bit of that spell/grammar checking thing, trying to read posts like yours makes my brain hurt.... im duing mi best to herry and tipe this so u can understood things, but sometimes i go so fest that i mispell a few thgs.. sorrie

Bill

#39 ·
dman,

I have issues with everything, it's one of the few benefits of becoming an old fart... ;) But I have fewer issues with this board than most of the rest, that's why I'm chipping in to keep it going.

I like you, dude, you're all right! :thumbsup: I expressed my opinion, you came back with yours.. That's what a forum's all about, right, free and open interchange of ideas?

If you ever get "close, really close" to Metro Hot'lanta, buzz me and I'll buy you a beer. I think we'd get along... And I'm sure you talk better than you type.. ;)

Hell, I might even buy something from you, not that you'd care... :D

Best to you and yours, wherever you are...
Bill

#46 ·
It seems like "garage sales" with listings that have multiple items have to be split if there is no option but to follow this format. I have 5 amps to sell and a comp set, now I have to make 6 posts, one for each item and annoy everyone by seeing "tyroneshoes" all over the classifieds.

Then bumping them every few days. Its not my fault bros.

#52 ·
The stencil has gone through some revisions and currently the rule on posting pictures is, "Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.".

Pictures and not filling in the stencil properly are going to be the most commonly broken rules. We (the mods) find as many as we have time to and members reporting these posts will help to identify them, then we can enforce the rules. Nineball, I'm pretty sure you realize this and were really asking why we are not enforcing the rules. It's a big job and that's just the classifieds, but we try.

#53 ·
Nineball, I'm pretty sure you realize this and were really asking why we are not enforcing the rules. It's a big job and that's just the classifieds, but we try.
nope, not even close. i was asking whose duty it was to know who to talk with about posts that don't comply. you've stated (or pehaps another mod, my memory is not perfect) in previous threads where you hate to have multiple people report the same threads (in any section) using the "triangle" and it seemed kind of silly to continue this course of action in the classifieds.

if your plate is full as a moderator with other sections perhaps someone should be appointed as a classifieds mod to handle it. most of the boards i frequent have specific mods for classifieds as it can be a large task to perform.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.