FS: Infinity EMIT-R Tweeters - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 sirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura about

Default FS: Infinity EMIT-R Tweeters

Product Brand & Model:
Infinity EMIT-R Tweeters (Pair)

Condition of all items:
Used. 8/10. Front looks great. Rear shows signs of mounting.

Total Price: :
$120

Shipping Terms: :
Free to CONTUS

Pictures: - Will add later.

Additional info:
Will not sell individually. Of all tweeters I've heard in-home and in-car, these are by far my favorite. Not harsh but not mellow... a perfect blend. And they're extremely efficient, solidly built, and great looking.

These are highly regarded and originally used in Infinity Reference 50, CS3006, CS3007, CS3008, Delta 60 and other model home speakers.

Apparently the crossover should be 2,000 Hz at 12 dB for these, but I've never seen a spec sheet or graph for these.

Info found online: EMIT stands for Electro Magnetic Induction Tweeter. They use very powerful Samarium Cobalt magnets covered by a thin diaphragm. It was a ribbon style tweeter that was very light, thin, and super fast. Although not indestructible, they had the most crystal clear high end ever reproduced by any speaker. Eventually these EMIT tweeters evolved into ribbon midranges and even upper bass drivers.

Was going to make home speakers with these but I have four EMIT-R tweeters and I really only need two.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & VerticalScope Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
sirbOOm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2014   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

Default Re: FS: Infinity EMIT-R Tweeters

very interested. waiting on pics. Never knew these could cross that low?
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2014   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 sirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura about

Well that's what I've read, but I don't remember where. It is a large format tweeter with a magnet that could be used in a double homicide if the criminal wanted to be creative (don't get any ideas...). I've only put them in the dash of my old pickup to test them during some system design hemming and hawing and crossed at 2,500, 3,000, and 2,500 Hz at 24 dB for about 5 min each crossover at moderate volume. I don't know if that was safe but they sounded so damn good at the 2,500 mixing with a Hertz Mille 6.5" in the door. Only reason they didn't get installed is because they're so big and there was too much crap under where they'd fit on my dash to get them in there without surgery. They sounded really good firing up into the windshield. They will fit in my new truck but I'm wanting to do a 3-way so I don't need a second pair and, if push comes to shove and I want to do the EMIT setup in this truck, I still can.

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100

Old 06-03-2014   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

sent you a pm regarding these
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2014   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Returned. Will have pictures up this evening.

Same ones as these: Infinity Kappa Emit R Tweeters Speakers 5 1 6 1 7 1 8 1 902 6769 Reference | eBay

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Old 06-04-2014   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Adding photos. The mark by the logo on one of them is from the tape I had holding bubble wrap around it. Honestly I was having a hard time rubbing it off because of the texture and wasn't in a position to do a good job of it, but it should come off. You can see a similar mark on the other one - I put a bit of tape in the same spot on each.

The model number is: 902-6759 (76224)

If these photos are too small, go here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kilpho...7645011166464/

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100

Last edited by sirbOOm; 06-04-2014 at 07:30 AM..
Old 06-04-2014   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Old School Veteran

Rep Power: 135 ghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enough

The stock crossover point & slope for these is 4k @ 12 db. If you run these lower than 4k even at steep slopes don't turn them up very loud. The diaphragms will distort from over temp.

I have other feedback here:Fleabay
RC Groups.com
CACO
ghostmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

That's good to know. I was between 1/4 and 1/2 volume on a properly gain-tuned Kenwood Excelon amplifier (actually gains were just over half of what they could be before clipping would be present) when I was playing around with these as described above listening to Anna Ternheim and Amel Larrieux (my tuning go-to artists) - not harsh music.

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Old 06-05-2014   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Beep

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Old 06-05-2014   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 239 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Very seriously considering these. Gonna go check measurements in my dash locations and we will see...

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2014   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 239 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Well damn. Almost, but just not quite. Sorry.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2014   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Sunday bump

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Old 06-08-2014   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 stereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the rough

$80 and I come by Sound Sensations and pick them up?

Chuck

HU, Processor, Amps, Drivers.
stereo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2014   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Ok but I get a demo and a nice long awkward hug.

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Old 06-10-2014   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Slap

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Old 02-09-2015   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bump. $100 shipped for the pair.

2019 VW Jetta S
2014 Honda CB1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement