8th Civic A-Pillar Custom Pods for Tweeter or possibly a small mid - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 214 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Default 8th Civic A-Pillar Custom Pods for Tweeter or possibly a small mid

Product Brand & Model:

Custom.. Made by me. Custom pods that literally snap in/out, designed to hold an NVX XSPTW tweeter (SB Acoustics SB29 made for NVX). Angling is pretty much dead on axis. Crazy flat response as result and takes very little for driving the tweeters, resulting in easy EQ work and leveling and a nice nice stage, I think.

They require... One 8th Civic Sedan.. These fit the 8th sedan A-pillar window, only. One pair of XSPTW tweeters ($100 at Sonic), and one speaker wire run up the dash which is a breeze. These tweeters are not included. Could possibly put a small 3" or so total OD wide-bander or mid in there maybe as well. That'd be pretty cool.

Condition of all items:

Awesome.. 10/10 form and function. Been in service for a few months now I guess.

Total Price: :

$425 shipped CONUS

Shipping Terms: :

I pack well, ship promptly UPS CONUS

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Yes it's high but I have a month of Sunday's in the job.
You be the judge on asthetics on how well I did.
So with a pair of tweeters or widebanders that might fit, 10 minutes and some wire, you'll have custom pods on-axis rockin'.

I won't be offended if you call me crazy.. I'm perfectly happy with them, but figure if they sell, I'll succumb to using some scan tweets I have now and getting some 10F's and suffering the fun of a first full A-pillar job. Dabbling in the idea of a 3-way. So here they are.

These were a first fabrication project. MDF rings, fleeced and CA Glued, then a dozen (it seems like) coats of rage gold, sanded, shaped, sanded, shaped, coated, sanded, shaped some more. You get the idea. Then two coats of SEM primer, sanded, coated again. Final finish is SEM Texture Black, which pretty much works, I think. Can be easily wrapped or finished some other way I imagine.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & VerticalScope Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, Zapco Z150.6 LX, Z400.2 LX, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log

Last edited by Babs; 05-15-2015 at 03:37 PM..
Babs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2015   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 HertzGuy will become famous soon enoughHertzGuy will become famous soon enoughHertzGuy will become famous soon enoughHertzGuy will become famous soon enoughHertzGuy will become famous soon enoughHertzGuy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 8th Civic A-Pillar Custom Pods for Tweeter or possibly a small mid

Nicely done on those! Good luck selling them, they look great!
HertzGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 214 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Much appreciated Sir!

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, Zapco Z150.6 LX, Z400.2 LX, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log

Old 05-21-2015   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bumpity bump! 8th civic guys, here's a 10 minute swap for a killer 2-way stage. Put me to work to try if I can to better it.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Build Log
Old 05-21-2015   #5

Rep Power: 79 HardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enough

I drive an si coupe. Nice looking pods though...
HardCoreDore is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015   #6

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

I've seen these in person and will attest to their OEM quality look. I said the same to Scott when I demoed his car last month. Very good work on these and good, custom work isn't cheap.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Thanks.. Much appreciated!

$350 shipped.. I'm realistic

Build Log

Last edited by Babs; 05-21-2015 at 08:18 PM..
Old 06-04-2015   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bumpy... PM me if interested to work it out. Maybe leave in tweets. I freakin' love these tweets BTW.

Reason for selling.. Door mids, IMO are now my weak point.. So since I was thinking kicks with a dedicated mid-bass with tweet / mid up top, this would require utilizing the whole pillar.

Build Log
Old 06-10-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bump.
8th sedan folks, lets discuss a solid deal for drop-in on-axis goodness.
Got the 3-way itch bad.

Build Log
Old 07-30-2015   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bumpity.. $225

Build Log
Old 08-18-2015   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bump $200 shipped.. $180 if you can swap me your stock plates (under your 8th sedan pillars).

Build Log
Old 08-21-2015   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Bump $200 shipped.. $180 if you can swap me your stock plates (under your 8th sedan pillars).
Civics out there? Instant grat comin' to ya.

Build Log
Old 12-09-2015   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bump! Gotta get some motivation to get cracking on the 3-way.

Build Log
Old 06-14-2016   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Default 8th Civic A-Pillar Custom Pods for Tweeter or possibly a small mid

Bump. 8th Civic Sedans out there ready for killer tunes. Let's work out something. Maybe even with the tweeters that are in here. Read up on XSPTW in here and you'll know this would be a killer top end to your front stage from 2khz up easily. Just add speaker wire and in 10 minutes you're rockin! Make offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build Log
Old 06-14-2016   #15

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 101 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

GLWS (free bump)
Those look nice , you could also try posting eBay , not sure how many civic owners on here . Good luck, those do look very nice

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2016   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabeieo View Post
GLWS (free bump)
Those look nice , you could also try posting eBay , not sure how many civic owners on here . Good luck, those do look very nice

Thanks. Or if I took the time post on 8thcivic maybe.

Build Log
Old 06-14-2016   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Maybe some construction shots. A lotta work went into them.

Build Log
Old 08-25-2016   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bump! PM me offers.. I'll likely surprise you!

Hey guys if you have, or know someone with an 8th Civic Sedan... These are a 10 minute pop into place solution for a nice 2-way setup.. Just add XSPTW tweeters and you're ready to rock from 2khz up.

Build Log
Old 09-12-2016   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Bump.. $100 shipped..
8th Civic Sedan in 10 minutes can pop in and you've got tunes.

Build Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread