DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

8th Civic A-Pillar Custom Pods for Tweeter or possibly a small mid

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Babs 
#1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

Custom.. Made by me. Custom pods that literally snap in/out, designed to hold an NVX XSPTW tweeter (SB Acoustics SB29 made for NVX). Angling is pretty much dead on axis. Crazy flat response as result and takes very little for driving the tweeters, resulting in easy EQ work and leveling and a nice nice stage, I think.

They require... One 8th Civic Sedan.. These fit the 8th sedan A-pillar window, only. One pair of XSPTW tweeters ($100 at Sonic), and one speaker wire run up the dash which is a breeze. These tweeters are not included. Could possibly put a small 3" or so total OD wide-bander or mid in there maybe as well. That'd be pretty cool.

Condition of all items:

Awesome.. 10/10 form and function. Been in service for a few months now I guess.

Total Price: :

$425 shipped CONUS

Shipping Terms: :

I pack well, ship promptly UPS CONUS

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Yes it's high but I have a month of Sunday's in the job.
You be the judge on asthetics on how well I did. :p
So with a pair of tweeters or widebanders that might fit, 10 minutes and some wire, you'll have custom pods on-axis rockin'.

I won't be offended if you call me crazy.. I'm perfectly happy with them, but figure if they sell, I'll succumb to using some scan tweets I have now and getting some 10F's and suffering the fun of a first full A-pillar job. Dabbling in the idea of a 3-way. So here they are. :cool:

These were a first fabrication project. MDF rings, fleeced and CA Glued, then a dozen (it seems like) coats of rage gold, sanded, shaped, sanded, shaped, coated, sanded, shaped some more. You get the idea. Then two coats of SEM primer, sanded, coated again. Final finish is SEM Texture Black, which pretty much works, I think. Can be easily wrapped or finished some other way I imagine.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

See less See more
#4 ·
Bumpity bump! 8th civic guys, here's a 10 minute swap for a killer 2-way stage. Put me to work to try if I can to better it.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Bumpy... PM me if interested to work it out. Maybe leave in tweets. I freakin' love these tweets BTW.

Reason for selling.. Door mids, IMO are now my weak point.. So since I was thinking kicks with a dedicated mid-bass with tweet / mid up top, this would require utilizing the whole pillar.

#14 ·
Bump. 8th Civic Sedans out there ready for killer tunes. Let's work out something. Maybe even with the tweeters that are in here. Read up on XSPTW in here and you'll know this would be a killer top end to your front stage from 2khz up easily. Just add speaker wire and in 10 minutes you're rockin! Make offers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Bump! PM me offers.. I'll likely surprise you!

Hey guys if you have, or know someone with an 8th Civic Sedan... These are a 10 minute pop into place solution for a nice 2-way setup.. Just add XSPTW tweeters and you're ready to rock from 2khz up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.