WTB: Altec Lansing ALS35 Midrange - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 cueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enough

Default WTB: Altec Lansing ALS35 Midrange

Product Brand & Model: Altec Lansing ALS35 Mid-range

Condition of all items: Used in decent condition/New old-stock

Total Price: :Will negotiate

Shipping Terms: :Will pay or please include in cost

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:Well, I am about to install my most labor-intensive system to date. Putting in a 2014 Ford Fusion my old Altec Lansing speakers (the carbon fiber ALS) but missing the 3 1/2 mid-range to timbre match with other drivers for my front stage (L, C, R). If anyone out there has a set they're willing to part with OR if they have an extra driver (I only need 1) I would be forever in your debt. Please let me know ASAP if you're able to help me. I am not incredibly desperate, so please don't ask for the moon, but am motivated and will pay well to complete my set. I do have some new old-stock M514 mid-bass, a couple of sets of used M514, and multiple sets (some new, some used) of the ALC-7 passive crossovers that I may be willing to work into a trade/cash type deal. Thanks in advance to anyone out there who is able to help me complete my install!

Chris

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & VerticalScope Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 w/5.7 Hemi, Source: 8.4 Uconnect w/Alpine Premium Sound DSP: JBL MS-8 or Alpine PXE-0850S Amp(s): 2x Alpine PDX-V9 Front Doors: JBL GTO939 Dash: JBL GTO329 Center: JBL GTO329 Rear: JBL GTO939 Subs: 2x JBL GTO1214D Wire/Noise: Knukonceptz, RAAMmat, Stinger Roadkill, Ensolite, MLV
cueball981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015   #2

Banned

Rep Power: 0 cajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: WTB: Altec Lansing ALS35 Midrange

pretty cool unicorn hunt!

I have a pair of ALS 12, the paper coned ones from this era. Supposedly, they were made for IB use, but they have a really short throw. The subwoofer market hadn't matured into the race for smallest space yet, and they follow the JBL T series from that time. The difference was Altec actually gave you a treated cloth surround with the huge motor/smaller coil, for high sensitivity. I believe the JBL's foam, narrow half roll surrounds were supposed to contribute to "control" as they hadn't conceived of a better topography to limit excursion at that point, haha..

pretty awesome speakers were made by Altec in that time period, I was lusting after the polyimide yellow tweeter/squawkers, when they came out. Back then it was just so fancy, after all and the carbon fiber cones, man..

I think I'm still wanting a pair of the by nines, one of the few that got away...

good luck with your search.
cajunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2015   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 cueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enoughcueball981 will become famous soon enough

Holy crap! I used to have an ALS12 too! Yeah, had a 96db sensitivity rating if I recall. Amazing! Great sounding sub...very musical, but didn't hit as low as some of the JL Audio and Rockford Fosgates at the time. The accordion suspension on mine tore at some point, which I was able to fix by using needle and thread, followed by some clear silicon to seal. I ended up selling that thing and kicking myself now for not holding onto it! Thanks for the reply and bringing back some great memories!

...will continue with my unicorn hunt!

Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 w/5.7 Hemi, Source: 8.4 Uconnect w/Alpine Premium Sound DSP: JBL MS-8 or Alpine PXE-0850S Amp(s): 2x Alpine PDX-V9 Front Doors: JBL GTO939 Dash: JBL GTO329 Center: JBL GTO329 Rear: JBL GTO939 Subs: 2x JBL GTO1214D Wire/Noise: Knukonceptz, RAAMmat, Stinger Roadkill, Ensolite, MLV

Old 07-23-2015   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Not giving up hope, so if anyone know someone willing to part ways with a set, please let me know. Thanks!

Chris

Old 09-01-2015   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Bringing this one back up to the surface. Anyone out there? I have a set of Altec M514 NIB I am willing to barter with!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement