SQ Competition System with Free Car - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 191 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

Default SQ Competition System with Free Car

Product Brand & Model:

Complete SQ competition system. has won many awards sine being built in 2012.
-2012 End of Summer Showdown SQ Top 30SQ Champion
-2012 MECA Modified 3rd SQL and Install
-2013 IASCA Regional 3x 2nd (by 1pt to Brian Mitchell) Expert Solo
-2014 IASCA Finals IQC 2nd
-Numerous "local" show winner in both MECA and IASCA

System Consists of

Alpine CDA 137BTI imported from Germany. burr brown 24bit DAC. Ainet.4v preouts
Mosconi 6to8 processor
JL HD600/4
(2)JL900/5
JL ZR65
JL C5 Tweeters
ES Audio Mini horns w Ultra (selenium) compression drivers. horns were sanded smooth of all mold lines and throat entry was rounded over and sanded
IDW15
JL Audio 10W1 v3
Audison SDF 41C Distribution Block
Speaker wire all Ixos Gamma Geometry braided
RCA IXOS Gamma Geometry with compression ends

The Car is a 1997 BMW 318Ti auto. Black with Black Interior. w/ rare California Roof and armrest w usable cupholder (318Ti dont come with armrests)
150k+ miles

Condition of all items:

Everything is used but in very good condition

Total Price: :

$5500 OBO

Shipping Terms: :

PICK UP ONLY

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Overall the car itself is in great condition for its age. It was my daily drive up until a few months ago. System is great condition. no equipment is abused since it was a competition vehicle.

The Bad:
Needs head gasket. Plastic coolant connector at firewall broke when I was at a tournament and engine overheated. replaced connector but BMW have soft aluminum heads and the overheat was enough to cause head gasket leak.

Car runs and drives but uses coolant.

I have a used head and valve cover I was going to have resurfaced to make the downtime much less.
I was quoted $900 including labor just to replace head gasket by local shop that does all my repairs that I dont do

i also have some 16" BMW wheels with new tires included with the sale

Car is sitting in garage and taking up space.

also included was the install presentation log and all pictures I have for the install.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & VerticalScope Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge

Last edited by Mic10is; 11-08-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Mic10is is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2015   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 197 Mless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SQ Competition System with Free Car

Funny how you never showed us any pics from the trunk. I always see your beautiful kick panels, however, I think your trunk setup is equally beautiful!

Good luck with sale!
Mless5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 191 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mless5 View Post
Funny how you never showed us any pics from the trunk. I always see your beautiful kick panels, however, I think your trunk setup is equally beautiful!

Good luck with sale!
Thanks. You may be confusing this car with the other BMW i competed with and won finals. I miss my other car too.

Old 07-26-2015   #4

Banned

Rep Power: 0 cajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond repute

wow!

looks like a steal here, for someone with a little know-how to bolt-on a ported/polished head for extra zooms.

I always find myself dumbfounded by the low prices these project cars end up going for, I'd expect to pay quite a bit just for a bimmer with the finish as nice as that, it's like getting 10K of audio for 1K, or ask a shop what it would take to make this install and I'm sure you'd get quotes for more than the asking price...

glws.
cajunner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 Brian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura about

Think my dad may have one of these with a motor. May have to talk to him

2004 Tahoe Z-71
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Eric Stevens 2xQ700.2 1xQ1200.1
Seas Twiddlers, Silver flute 6.5", Alpine Type S 10" AKA budget speakers
Brian_smith06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #6

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Very sweet sounding car. Mic's a stand up guy, too. A well respected and highly regarded member of the SQ competition circuits. Whoever gets this is getting a ready-to-compete podium finisher of an SQ system, whether they choose to compete with it or not.

Good luck with your sale, Mic!

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #7

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

just to add to Mic's picture collection, here's one I snapped of the install:

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #8

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Very sweet deal, if only it was manual and not auto I`d buy it, I disassembled everything on E36 body and assembled back too many times to be afraid of challenge, that is one of the last mechanic friendly cars in existence. for 900 repair estimate I`d get M52 motor instead and made a transplant. or even never 6 from rolled over car or flood damage salvage.
That would make it very sweet vehicle in timeless body style.
Victor_inox is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 94 1styearsi will become famous soon enough1styearsi will become famous soon enough1styearsi will become famous soon enough1styearsi will become famous soon enough1styearsi will become famous soon enough1styearsi will become famous soon enough

sweet deal
back in the mid 90's the shop i worked at bought a chevy astro demo/comp van from orion the store owner sold it after a few years for less than the value than the amps alone.the buyer got the van the woofers more orion black xtr amps than i can remember,bad ass charging system,mad battery's(optima's) and upgraded suspension to carry the extra weight for penny's on the dollar.
GLWS
1styearsi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #10
SQ_TSX

Man, ready made SQ car from one of the nicest guys on the forum! !

Wish I had the spare cash... I'd have a BMW SQ car
  Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Great sounding car!

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

BUMP

Old 07-30-2015   #13
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 156 Salami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished road

Bump for you because I would love to own an Alpine CDA 137BTI.
Salami is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
Bump for you because I would love to own an Alpine CDA 137BTI.
comes with a free car!!!

Old 10-12-2015   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Bump before I start pulling equipment

Old 10-12-2015   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

This didn't sell?!!!!!!

I'm on the Wrong side of the country.....dammit!

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

You could probably arrange to have this car shipped across country for under $1000. If you're serious I'd entertain offers
just PM me

Old 10-13-2015   #18
SQ_TSX

Really, someone needs to pick this up.... gre as t system in a near perfect commuter car...
Old 10-14-2015   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
You could probably arrange to have this car shipped across country for under $1000.
If anyone out there has some advice on how to achieve this, let me know!

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
Old 10-14-2015   #20
SQ_TSX

Looks like the BMW could be transported from NC to Oregon for around $1200 - $1600.
Check out www.uship.com
Old 10-14-2015   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 Brian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura about

I work in Transportation as does Aubrey. I have never dealt with shipping vehicles, however, maybe Aubrey has? I'd give him a call.

2004 Tahoe Z-71
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Eric Stevens 2xQ700.2 1xQ1200.1
Seas Twiddlers, Silver flute 6.5", Alpine Type S 10" AKA budget speakers
Brian_smith06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 audiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enoughaudiovibe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ_TSX View Post
Looks like the BMW could be transported from NC to Oregon for around $1200 - $1600.
Check out www.uship.com
This is probably a pretty good estimate. I've shipped a few vehicles to LA, and Sacramento areas, prices were always between $800-$950 to LA and $1020 to Sacramento in covered transport. I am 2 hours south west of Chicago. This was probably 6-7 years ago

Direct connect auto transport estimates $1037 for open transport from Cary NC to Vancouver WA.

P99, DSP-6, Zapco DC Reference, Hybrid Audio, JL
audiovibe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

thanks to everyone trying to help my car find a new home

Old 10-14-2015   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_smith06 View Post
I work in Transportation as does Aubrey. I have never dealt with shipping vehicles, however, maybe Aubrey has? I'd give him a call.
I appreciate it and will reach out to him.
D

Courtesy of Chad:
Old 10-14-2015   #25
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Aubrey doesnt so Vehicles. I asked

Sponsored Links