WTB: Home Theater Receiver - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2015   #1

Rep Power: 83 asoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enough

Default WTB: Home Theater Receiver

Looking to make my first HT receiver purchase, decided to ask here since, well, I've bought a bit here and have had great experiences with everyone.

What I need:
  • Pre-amp outs (must have)
  • Networking (Ethernet only is O.K.)
  • 7.2 with Dolby IIz at least

What I want:
  • Audessy XT32 (or comparable)
  • The ability to manually adjust the room correction settings (I believe only Yamaha offers this)
  • MHL (would be nice, but not needed)

After leasing a car, I've decided to move my efforts to something more permanent, so home audio it is. Eventually I want to build a dedicated HT, which for me means pre-outs and good room correction, which in newer models ups the price more than I'd like at this point. I have tons of movies on my NAS, so networking would be a plus.

I do not want to spend a ton (admittedly I'm asking a lot at this price point) but still need features. Yesteryears models welcome, I'm currently debating on an Onkyo TX-NR818 which i can get a decent deal on but want to avoid them if possible.

Budget is $500 max, less if possible.

Let me know!

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & VerticalScope Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.
asoggysponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 bradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB: Home Theater Receiver

Have you tried http://www.accessories4less.com

Great prices on refurbed units. I bought the denon x3100 from them with no issues, and added 2 years of warranty for 3 total for about $550.
bradknob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015   #3

Rep Power: 83 asoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enoughasoggysponge will become famous soon enough

I have, problem is, any newer avr with pre-outs gets pricey. I'm not against buying a refurb, I've bought some in the past and been happy. Just considering all my options. I just want some future proofing. In car audio, I only bought what I needed at the time and spent more in the long run than buying what I wanted in the first place.

Old 08-20-2015   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 122 Hertz5400LincolnLS will become famous soon enoughHertz5400LincolnLS will become famous soon enoughHertz5400LincolnLS will become famous soon enoughHertz5400LincolnLS will become famous soon enoughHertz5400LincolnLS will become famous soon enoughHertz5400LincolnLS will become famous soon enough

I would not hesitate to buy from accessories4less.com. Highly reputable site that stands behind their products. Have bought refurbished from them without any issues. How about this Yamaha...seems to hit nearly every mark.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...uetooth/1.html
Hertz5400LincolnLS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015   #5

Rep Power: 84 etroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enough

Bought a Marantz SR5008 for less than $500 from them I say go for it.
etroze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015   #6

After going over the x3100w again it may be the one for me, but I'm still looking. Thanks for the votes of confidence in AC4L as I was hesitant.
Old 08-21-2015   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 146 FunkPnut will become famous soon enoughFunkPnut will become famous soon enoughFunkPnut will become famous soon enoughFunkPnut will become famous soon enoughFunkPnut will become famous soon enoughFunkPnut will become famous soon enough

Another happy Accessories4Less customer here.

I've bought 2 Marantz receivers and a Denon for a friend. The units I've received have looked flawless and no issues yet... the oldest one being from 2009 I think.

2014 Honda Accord Sport MT | Audio Build Log:
Alpine CDE-HD149BT • PDX F4 • F6 • M12 • Helix DSP
AudioFrog GB10 • GB25 • GB60 • IDMAX15 (IB)
FunkPnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 bradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enoughbradknob will become famous soon enough

Main reason I mentioned a4L was for the warranty. U hear so many horror stories of av receivers just crapping out for no real reason. That peice of mind vs buying from a random person off the internet is priceless.

I love my x3100. I bought it for the pre-outs to expand down the road as well. If you don't need all the fancy stuff, wifi capability, networking etc.... U can get an older marantz with preouts and top tier audyssey for a good bit less than $500.
bradknob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 107 audiobaun will become famous soon enoughaudiobaun will become famous soon enoughaudiobaun will become famous soon enoughaudiobaun will become famous soon enoughaudiobaun will become famous soon enoughaudiobaun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz5400LincolnLS View Post
I would not hesitate to buy from accessories4less.com. Highly reputable site that stands behind their products. Have bought refurbished from them without any issues. How about this Yamaha...seems to hit nearly every mark.

YAMAHA RX-V777BT 7.2-Channel Network Receiver w/ Wi-Fi/AirPlay/Bluetooth | Accessories4less
I was going to mention Yamaha..Ive always had excellent results from them..never an issue,and always plenty of power,and seem to last.
audiobaun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 195 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

i might be willing sell a "like new" Marantz SR 6400

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 GB10d4x2 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015   #11

Rep Power: 56 Gannz will become famous soon enoughGannz will become famous soon enoughGannz will become famous soon enoughGannz will become famous soon enoughGannz will become famous soon enoughGannz will become famous soon enough

+1 on accessories4less. I purchased a Denon from them 3 years ago and had/have no problems. Listening to it right now.

Can't go wrong with Denon, Yamaha, or Marantz.
Gannz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 JPOSEY will become famous soon enoughJPOSEY will become famous soon enoughJPOSEY will become famous soon enoughJPOSEY will become famous soon enoughJPOSEY will become famous soon enoughJPOSEY will become famous soon enough

I'm a Yamaha dealer if you are interested in a new receiver. I can provide you with a good deal. PM me if interested.
JPOSEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2015   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOSEY View Post
I'm a Yamaha dealer if you are interested in a new receiver. I can provide you with a good deal. PM me if interested.
PM me please.
Old 08-28-2015   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 stereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the rough

If you pass on the Yamaha look at the Outlaw Audio Model 990. I've used this and it's a nice pre/pro. No internal amp, tons of input options, TA, Speaker gains, Crossovers, Auto Tune w/Mic.......I just don't know if it has ALL you are looking for.

Chuck

HU, Processor, Amps, Drivers.
stereo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2015   #15

Doesn't have all the newer formats, but tons of options and looks good (especially for the price). At this point I'm looking at the x3100w and when I can build a dedicated HT I'll look for a pre/pro, amps and processing for DIY speakers. Honestly might just go with the x2100w if I don't feel the need to DIY speakers =/
Old 08-28-2015   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 Viggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enough

If interested used I have a integra dhc9.8 - I think that's the model, doesn't have a internal amplifier
Viggen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2015   #17

Still looking, but I appreciate everyone's help in pushing me toward a decision. The DIY'er in me is making it tough to choose!
Old 08-28-2015   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 145 2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough

This is what I would get, see if they'll ship to you. The MRX-300 is probably the best value in preowned receivers: Anthem MRX300 A/V Receiver SEE PHOTO Dealer Ad - US Audio Mart

I have the MRX-500 and it is incredible from a sound quality and room correction perspective. Not a lot of gee-whiz features like streaming, etc. but no one uses a receiver for that anyway since that stuff is almost obsolete the moment it is released. These are no where near fancy, just 100% pure sound quality. Blows away anything else I've tried in my own system. You can see my setup in my signature, "My Home Audio Addiction". I do not plan to upgrade until Anthem releases their Atmos receivers, slated for next year. Most of us Anthem owners are waiting for this release, that's how much we like these things

At $599CAD it comes out to $455USD after exchange rate. IMHO Anthem's room correction called "ARC" sounds better than XT32 and most people use the MRX series as a preamp (including myself). Looks like it is a dealer demo so it may carry a warranty as well.

After having to deal with Onkyo's HDMI card failures I am done with that company. Same with Denon after how they handled an X4000 I had that was plagued by numerous showstopper issues. Their factory wanted to challenge the issues I was reporting instead of just sending me a replacement unit. Crazy! But that's what happens when a soulless conglomerate takes over just about any company, unfortunately.

Last edited by 2010hummerguy; 08-28-2015 at 01:33 PM..
2010hummerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement