Wtb W15GTI MKII for a good kid - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2016   #1
ndm
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 ndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enough

Default Wtb W15GTI MKII for a good kid

Product Brand & Model:

W15GTI MKII

Condition of all items:

Good

Total Price: :

Around $300

Shipping Terms: :

Negotiable

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

My Nephew just got screwed by a guy on ebay. He bought one of these after hearing my two and when it came in today the sub was severely blown. The termials were missing and the cone gets stuck when you move the cone. There was sharpie marker all over too. I am trying to locate one of these for his because I just feel aweful that this lowlife @$$hole screwed over this 18 year old really good kid.

So please if you have one or know someone that does let me know. This is a good kid that is about to enter the armed forces and did not deserve to get screwed like this.

I think for him it is lesson learned though.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8...gone...Got a G8GT...Waited 6 years...traded for a 2013 SRT Jeep!!...Jeep SRT

Well..all my photo storage sites are kaput
ndm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016   #2
ndm
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 ndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wtb W15GTI MKII for a good kid

Paloli1015 is the ebay screen name of the seller that screwed him. He is from utah.

Forgot to mention the dust cap was in nasty condition and it looked like it was an older gti but with the mkii parts put on it

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8...gone...Got a G8GT...Waited 6 years...traded for a 2013 SRT Jeep!!...Jeep SRT

Old 07-09-2016   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

I don't have a 15 to help with, but I do have a spare 12.....

Contact me if that might be an option.

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 341 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Did he pay with PayPal? If so, he should file a dispute and get his money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2016   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

ROCKY TOP

Rep Power: 124 gumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enough

File a dispute, I know first hand about piece of shit ebay scammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gumbeelee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 aztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished road

Bought a JL slash amp a few weeks ago, he(different guy)ship it in a flat rate box.. Very little bouble wrap... Piss me off... Amp works great tho.. I hate buying some on eBay.

2014 Mustang GT-Pioneer 80PRS -Morel Integra Ovation XO6 -Ground Zero 4125SQ
aztec45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 USS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enough

I'll third that recommendation. Virtually guaranteed he'd get a refund, even what he paid for shipping. (although he might have to pay for return shipping)
At least he could be made whole, or close to it.
May take a couple of weeks, but better than being screwed.

Sorry this happened, keep us posted on how it works out.
USS Enterprise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #8
ndm
DIYMA 500 Club

I will keep in mind the 12. It is his first system in his first car and paid for with funds from his first fulltime job. I feel aweful for him. He really wants a 15 like his uncle.

He did not pay with paypal which I told him was not too smart.

Im hoping he will get his money back. I really want to get him a system before he has to leave for basic training.

I will keep ya posted though.

I do not shop on ebay for this very reason. Too many possible issues.

I might try to find a idmax 15 too. I just want to help him skip the basshead phase and get right to the good stuff.

Old 07-10-2016   #9

Rep Power: 139 undone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enough

JBL W15GTI MKII 15" 5000 Watts Subwoofer Bass Speaker | eBay

If this is the one..seller offers 14 day return w/buyer paying shipping...

Open a claim/dispute with Ebay.....

Head unit: ALpine CDA/H700
Tweeter : I.D. NX30 Kicker SX400.2
Mid's : 500 GTI/Intimid8rs on (2) Kicker SX900.4
Sub : Team Fi 18 Taramps HD6500
undone1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 114 corcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enough

Yeah ebay will take care of it. And if used a cc they will take carw of it too. I know a hassle but they will take care of it.
corcraft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #11
ndm
DIYMA 500 Club

Thank goodness!! The seller agreed to take the sub back. I feel so good about this. I still am kind of bothered by the fact that this sub could have easily been tested before sending it out and anyone would have known that the sub was blown by simply moving the cone.

But all is well and there may be some 12w7's locally that he could buy. I will probably go with him to pick up whatever he buys. Hopefully I can still find a w15gti mkii for him though.

Old 07-11-2016   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

(((((((In Stereo)))))))

Rep Power: 152 Knobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enough

Congrats on having a seller do the right thing.

I have a pair of MK1 12"s if y'all get swayed that way.

A speaker is only as good as the logo on its dustcap.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^STUFFS FOR SALE. BUY IT ALL!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Knobby Digital is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2016   #13
ndm
DIYMA 500 Club

Nutty kid went out and bought two Kicker 15's in a ported enclosure...I sure as hell wish I had got to him before going that route. He got a good deal but the subs are in no way up to the same standard as the equipment I was trying to get him.

Now I am at least trying to prevent him from buying crap front speakers.

It seems as though the SQ world has lost a bit of ground to the SPL crowd but I a hope to move him the opposite way and back from the darkside.

One day he will find out that cheap does not always mean good but in the end, he only spent $75 for the used stuff. I guess it is probably a good thing. Once he blows these subs, I will use the opportunity to teach more lessons.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement