What's your opinion of this packaging job? - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016   #76

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 85 Weigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: What's your opinion of this packaging job?

Yep, I'll gladly pay a bit more for an item with it's original packaging. But them again, I'm the sort of person who keeps the packaging for items I buy. Hell, I had the packaging for my Vizio HD TV I bought back in 2007/2008 up until a year ago. Finally decided to toss it out after I bought a new TV and needed to find a place to store it's box. Figured I'd not ever sell the Vizio and I'd end up keeping til it dies, so no real need for the box anymore.

Sadly, I have lost some of my precious OEM boxes during moves, inevitably, someone has to toss some of them out as they end up completely disappearing. Lost the boxes to my CDA-9833, Memphis MCA2004, and MCD1100 a couple moves back. guess since the gear was in my car at the time, someone felt the need to toss the boxes. I wasn't too happy and never got a confession from anyone. I was so OCD about it that I drove 30 miles back to the old place to check if they just might be out in the trash. Sadly, this was a matter of days later, so I had little hope, but...

Speaking of OEM boxes, I'm awaiting some showing up in the mail from a couple amps I bought. Seller shipped the amps separate to save shipping fees due to size/weight. Really hoping they do in fact show up.
Weigel21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2016   #77

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 100 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

I'm with you!
Would love some OG packaging for a few things myself

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016   #78
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 171 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Quick update, I got my subs from will and even though it was not the best packaging there were no issues. Per my request he put each sub in a plastic bag in case of rain on my end.

fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016   #79

Rep Power: 88 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Looks like he did a good job but it does help when the original packing is used. Nice subs!
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2016   #80
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 117 diy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enough

Is that paper wrapped over the original box or double boxed?

diy.phil
diy.phil is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2016   #81

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 100 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

I like the cardboard fold over triangle than a box within a box .

I always send pics of packing before shipping.

That sucks , hope sub works good for you

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2016   #82

Rep Power: 88 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabeieo View Post
I like the cardboard fold over triangle than a box within a box .

I always send pics of packing before shipping.

That sucks , hope sub works good for you
I tested the sub and it performed great, can't wait to actually hear it. I learned a lesson to ask questions about the shipping and the shipper learned how a heavy sub needs to be packed. There was good communication with the seller and he offered to make it right. I received a very good sub at a very good price so I'm happy, the shipping issue was a speed-bump.
Old 09-15-2016   #83
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 171 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy.phil View Post
Is that paper wrapped over the original box or double boxed?
Paper.
Old 10-01-2016   #84
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 SHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enough

It is with some hesitation that I bump this thread, considering that all issues have been resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

But, in reading this thread, I took several mental notes, and when recently shipping something, they came to benefit me.
Had to ship a set of Focal KRX3's, to Cali, with no original packing.
I was worried about the substantial midbass. While they're not 10" subs, they're still quite beefy.
I bolted them face to face, and fitted them into a smaller box, with packing snuggly stuffed around the magnets.

The mids/tweets and croosovers were packed (padded) in separate boxes, and everything was wrapped in plastic, and placed in one large box with padding around it.

Maybe a little overkill, but considering the money spent by the buyer, under packing just wasn't an option.
I don't typically like to brag, but I thought I would add that this thread inadvertently helped others, outside the original transaction.

"I've spent half my money on gambling, wiskey, and wild women...... I wasted the rest."
SHAGGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #85
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 238 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Very, VERY good packaging job. This is the gold standard, people. Which, I will admit, I don't meet, but because I don't usually want to take the time and effort and expense for this - I just don't sell much. I keep it around, because it's more trouble to package it like this than my time is worth - I make a lot of money, honestly, and I value my time a ton. So if it's not worth my time off (which is few and far between), I just hang on to it. No way I'm going to risk screwing somebody else, and if I'm not going to make more than $50-100 on a sale, after packaging, it's just not worth my time/effort.

Good on you, SHAGGS. I'll keep your integrity in mind whilst perusing the Classifieds. You're a selling worth buying from!

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #86
DIYMA 500 Club

Old School Veteran

Rep Power: 134 ghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enough

One flaw I see in your packaging is there's no foam or anything softish in between them. I've gotten speakers shipped to me similarly packed & the nuts backed off of the screws, allowing the screws to loosen enough that the speakers were flopping around in the box. I hope you filled all voids inside the box on the back sides of the speakers?

I'm glad you bumped this thread because I'd never seen it otherwise. It was entertaining & I learned a few things about some members.

To the OP I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.

To the seller, I'm glad you stepped up to make it right AND learned a lesson. I've been buying & selling things online for a lot of years. I've learned a lot about packaging as I went & I take for granted that everyone just knows how to pack things. Honestly it's mostly common sense.

I bought an amp on eBay once that the guy literally just threw it in a medium flat rate box. No packing materials. No tape on the box. THAT is the worst packing job there is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGGS View Post
It is with some hesitation that I bump this thread, considering that all issues have been resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

But, in reading this thread, I took several mental notes, and when recently shipping something, they came to benefit me.
Had to ship a set of Focal KRX3's, to Cali, with no original packing.
I was worried about the substantial midbass. While they're not 10" subs, they're still quite beefy.
I bolted them face to face, and fitted them into a smaller box, with packing snuggly stuffed around the magnets.

The mids/tweets and croosovers were packed (padded) in separate boxes, and everything was wrapped in plastic, and placed in one large box with padding around it.

Maybe a little overkill, but considering the money spent by the buyer, under packing just wasn't an option.
I don't typically like to brag, but I thought I would add that this thread inadvertently helped others, outside the original transaction.

I have other feedback here:Fleabay
RC Groups.com
CACO

Last edited by ghostmechanic; 10-01-2016 at 08:50 PM..
ghostmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #87

Thank you both. That was also one of the reasons for my post. I often tell people, mistakes happen but true character is how you respond to adversity. Will stepped up and I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again. And I'm glad others are learning from my post, which is always a goal of mine.
Old 10-01-2016   #88

I have shipped an amp and the mounting screws internally backed and one of the channels came loose inside and bounced around some. Shaggy, I think your shipment of the Focals was fantastic. Nuts are cheap so if you double the nuts on the back and tighten them down with a lock nut in between, I doubt that would ever come loose (doubled nuts even without the lock nut likely wouldn't come loose either). Thank you for posting.
Old 10-01-2016   #89

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Shaggy, I think your shipment of the Focals was fantastic. Nuts are cheap so if you double the nuts on the back and tighten them down with a lock nut in between, I doubt that would ever come loose (doubled nuts even without the lock nut likely wouldn't come loose either). Thank you for posting.
Yeah and make sure you use grade 8.8 hardware or better or it might get loose.
Don`t forget locktight.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #90
DIYMA 500 Club

Old School Veteran

Rep Power: 134 ghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enoughghostmechanic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
Yeah and make sure you use grade 8.8 hardware or better or it might get loose.
Don`t forget locktight.
I don't know you but I read this entire thread and I've gotta say, I tend to agree with others on here... you just don't seem to care about any of this. Packing right or making sure your buyer is happy etc. So why are you even in the classifieds? Just your cavalier attitude about crappy packaging jobs & things getting damaged on the way to your buyers is enough for me to never buy anything from you.

I have other feedback here:Fleabay
RC Groups.com
CACO
ghostmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #91

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostmechanic View Post
I don't know you but I read this entire thread and I've gotta say, I tend to agree with others on here... you just don't seem to care about any of this. Packing right or making sure your buyer is happy etc. So why are you even in the classifieds? Just your cavalier attitude about crappy packaging jobs & things getting damaged on the way to your buyers is enough for me to never buy anything from you.
Do me a favor, don`t buy from me, I don`t care about people bashing someone without dealing with him.
Thread was about bad packaging job that in fact has been proven adequate.
Sub is OK, buyer said so.
Others used this thread to show off how they make a fucking crate to make sure. Guess what I`m as seller willing to take a risk, how is that anyone fucking business is beyond me. Since 1997 I have zero negative feedback on ebay and zero here, what the fuck is your people problem?

If listen to your bitching, factory I-phone packaging not good enough for you.
Yes you right I don`t care about this, i was not the seller nor buyer, why would I?
Old 10-01-2016   #92

I've shut my mouth but you are incorrigible. The fact that the sub works doesn't make up for the fact the packaging was poor! I guess you're of the opinion that if it works, what's the problem. The fact the sub works is just pure luck, not "adequate" shipping as you put it. You've made your opinion known that mediocre packing is acceptable as long as it works. Your words and opinion speak enormously for you and it isn't positive. I hope you're able to make a living but I have no idea how your business will be successful with your attitude.
Old 10-01-2016   #93

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
I've shut my mouth but you are incorrigible. The fact that the sub works doesn't make up for the fact the packaging was poor! I guess you're of the opinion that if it works, what's the problem. The fact the sub works is just pure luck, not "adequate" shipping as you put it. You've made your opinion known that mediocre packing is acceptable as long as it works. Your words and opinion speak enormously for you and it isn't positive. I hope you're able to make a living but I have no idea how your business will be successful with your attitude.
My attitude? Did I sold you that sub? not as I recall, i said in my initial post that it was shitty packaging, yet you people were looking for stronger adjective.
then you backed off saying that sub is fine, I have no idea what fine meant for you then.
Many packaging tip were helpful , some overkill.
My advice to others is when you buy shit you care about not touching the air, specify that and most importantly pay for it.
Old 10-01-2016   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
My attitude? Did I sold you that sub? not as I recall, i said in my initial post that it was shitty packaging, yet you people were looking for stronger adjective.
then you backed off saying that sub is fine, I have no idea what fine meant for you then.
Many packaging tip were helpful , some overkill.
My advice to others is when you buy shit you care about not touching the air, specify that and most importantly pay for it.
Reread your comments in this thread as it pertains to me and the packaging. They don't necessarily reflect well on you but that is my opinion and apparently a few others share that opinion. And I used to think very highly of you as I bought one of your power supplies that I'm happy with and used to recommend to others.
Old 10-01-2016   #95

I didn't back off on the packaging. I said despite the packaging that the sub tested fine and played fine (once the peanuts were ejected). And the seller stepped up with an offer to make it right and I declined as the sub played fine. But that doesn't excuse the poor shipping but the seller made a mistake and learned from it and I'd buy from him again based on the way he responded. I'm glad people learn from this thread about better shipping of heavy subs.

And I did pay extra for good shipping and specifically mentioned the reason for the extra money.

But this wasn't the point of this thread and isn't solving anything so I'm done with you just as you said you would never sell to me, don't worry, neither of us will have to worry about that happening.
Old 10-01-2016   #96

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Reread your comments in this thread as it pertains to me and the packaging. They don't necessarily reflect well on you but that is my opinion and apparently a few others share that opinion. And I used to think very highly of you as I bought one of your power supplies that I'm happy with and used to recommend to others.
So your good experience contradicts your unfavorable opinion? Perhaps that opinion is baseless?
I said packaging was shitty just was surprised by all perfectionists finding stronger words for it.
Here's the deal, I never buy insurance on packages I sent.
Why? because it`s not worth it. 0.01% packages disappeared, in fact USPS only lost my package once. I`m taking it as calculated risk. If it lost I`ll send another one and eat my losses.
If my packaging inadequate and item destroyed I`ll work with buyer on sensible solution. Not a single buyer left unsatisfied. check my feedback here and on ebay if you wish.
If buyer decided not to contact me I can`t fix the problem I don`t know about. You didn`t have a problem with me but all of a sudden my opinion in unrelated thread pisses you off.
I obviously failed to deliver my POV in universally understood way.
Old 10-01-2016   #97
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 SHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enough

Man did this slid off the rails. Now I remember why I hesitated bumping this...

"I've spent half my money on gambling, wiskey, and wild women...... I wasted the rest."
SHAGGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #98

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
I didn't back off on the packaging. I said despite the packaging that the sub tested fine and played fine (once the peanuts were ejected). And the seller stepped up with an offer to make it right and I declined as the sub played fine. But that doesn't excuse the poor shipping but the seller made a mistake and learned from it and I'd buy from him again based on the way he responded. I'm glad people learn from this thread about better shipping of heavy subs.

And I did pay extra for good shipping and specifically mentioned the reason for the extra money.

But this wasn't the point of this thread and isn't solving anything so I'm done with you just as you said you would never sell to me, don't worry, neither of us will have to worry about that happening.
I responded to ghostmechanic not you, my post directly after his and no quotation of you.
So at the end you satisfied with seller but switch your displeasure on me, nice.
Old 10-01-2016   #99

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Buyer satisfied with seller, that`s what matters.
Old 10-02-2016   #100
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Dammit, this is all your fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement