WTB 6.5" midbass - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2016   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Default WTB 6.5" midbass

Product Brand & Model:
What do you have? I'm looking for dedicated midbass, not a midbass/midrange compromise. Size is a real issue, I have no more than 183mm to work with.

Pioneer C720PRS would be a great choice, I missed several opportunities to buy this this summer, now they all seem to have disappeared.

Exodus Anarchy seems like a solid choice, they are on the deep side, but I can work with that, diameter is the only real issue. Although I would MUCH rather have a grill.

Plenty of good options out there, let me know what you have. Again, this is to be used as a dedicated midbass in a 3-way front. I don't have room for an 8" or anything over 183mm, and would prefer a grill (has to fit the 183mm diameter as well).

Condition of all items:
BNIB is always prefered, but I'll take used as long as they function 10/10 and look at least 8/10

Total Price: :

Dependent upon item and condition

Shipping Terms: :

Negotiable

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Find me some midbass! If I find what I need I'll probably have a great pair of Melodic Acoustic Euphoria speakers available for sale/trade. These speakers are a matched pair, in great shape, and make a KILLER 2-way, but I'm looking for a dedicated midbass.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 395 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: WTB 6.5" midbass

I have a set of excellent condition Hybrid Audio L6v2's. They were very sparingly used in my wife's vehicle for a couple months.

181mm (7.1") outer diameter and 76mm mounting depth.

I was very happy with the midbass performance from these. That was the application they were used in for her car- these as the midbass along with a Scan 10f mid and Scan d3004 tweeter. They did a great job and I believe I had them crossed at around 50hz-55hz @24db.

Excellent condition and with the original boxes. Also have lifetime trade-in value through Hybrid Audio should you want to upgrade in the future.

They are $570 new. I'll sell them for $300 shipped and insured in the US.

-Steve

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2016   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
I have a set of excellent condition Hybrid Audio L6v2's. They were very sparingly used in my wife's vehicle for a couple months.

181mm (7.1") outer diameter and 76mm mounting depth.

I was very happy with the midbass performance from these. That was the application they were used in for her car- these as the midbass along with a Scan 10f mid and Scan d3004 tweeter. They did a great job and I believe I had them crossed at around 50hz-55hz @24db.

Excellent condition and with the original boxes. Also have lifetime trade-in value through Hybrid Audio should you want to upgrade in the future.

They are $570 new. I'll sell them for $300 shipped and insured in the US.

-Steve
Certainly an option, thanks. The grill is too big to fit, not a deal breaker, but not ideal either.

Old 11-18-2016   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Rubyserv
Position:
Founder and CEO

Rep Power: 129 trumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the rough

Is there a certain HPF setting you have in mind, aka the desired low end?

My system: Clarion CX305, CDT ACD-4090 and ACD-3001 amps, CDT Audio DSP4.8, Victory Sonics 20 amp supercapacitor, CDT ES-6CW 6.5" Kevlar midbass, CDT CRM-01Be Beryllium tweeters, Cerwin Vega Vega Pro 12" in 2.0 cubes @ 36 Hz
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2016   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
Is there a certain HPF setting you have in mind, aka the desired low end?
It's a dedicated midbass, I'll cross 60-80hz, depending on what the chosen speakers can handle. I'm never been a believer in pushing a speaker too low, even midbass, I've got subs that cover the low end so I'll let them do the heavy lifting.
Old 11-18-2016   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 282 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

I have some BNIB Acoustic Elegance TD6Hs...make you a deal on a pair.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2016   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
I have some BNIB Acoustic Elegance TD6Hs...make you a deal on a pair.
Can you get me some specs/dimentions. I know those motors are huge! But if those handle midbass as well as my SBP's handle bass, they could be a very good choice.
Old 11-18-2016   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 362 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have anything to offer up, but these are a couple I would probably look at to buy from a retailer if you can't find someone who has what you're looking for.

The Peerless 830946 is a really good choice and a pretty outstanding value at only $60/ea. At a higher price point, the Wavecor SW182BD01/02 also looks very interesting. I haven't had a chance to hear that one personally.

Both are fairly inefficient though, and would likely take about as much power as you could throw at them with a reasonable crossover.

Kenwood DDX9905S | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2016   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 282 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Off of the top of my head, they are 3.5" deep. Other measurements I will have to find. Elgrosso got some from me and he has T/S measurements in his build thread.

They are 6.5s...not 7s. Small frames too. But I will try to find the physical measurements for you this evening after I get off of work.
Old 11-18-2016   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
Off of the top of my head, they are 3.5" deep. Other measurements I will have to find. Elgrosso got some from me and he has T/S measurements in his build thread.

They are 6.5s...not 7s. Small frames too. But I will try to find the physical measurements for you this evening after I get off of work.
Thanks, that would be helpful.

Thanks for all of the options so far. I've certainly got some good options already!
Old 11-18-2016   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I forgot to mention, these are to be run from a bridged Alpine PDX, so no 2ohm drivers please.
Old 11-18-2016   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 110 XR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enough

I bought 2 pairs of Anarchies and I really doubt I will ever get around to using the second pair. They're NIB. $120 shipped for the pair.
XR250rdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2016   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 960 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not selling mine but Audio Development out of Italy makes some killer midbass woofers. Even the standard "W" series, with a fairly shallow depth and standard 6.5" diameter, have some wicked midbass. The only negative is their composite frame, you must be careful during installation. I think there's an AD vendor on the forums.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2016   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 341 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a dealer for both AudioFrog and Audio Development. The GB60 would be a great Midbass and so would the AD Vipera F6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2016   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 960 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
I am a dealer for both AudioFrog and Audio Development. The GB60 would be a great Midbass and so would the AD Vipera F6.
That's a sweet set of options right there.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
Old 11-21-2016   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I am leaning towards the GB60's but I need to get a fair deal on them, and they'll need to come with enough hardware to mount them with the grills.

This isn't a firm decision, so I'm still open to other options, the AudioFrogs aren't cheap, so keep suggestions coming, if you have anything to offer.
Old 11-21-2016   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 kaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enough

I have TM65s
kaigoss69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2016   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 107 totalmayhem will become famous soon enoughtotalmayhem will become famous soon enoughtotalmayhem will become famous soon enoughtotalmayhem will become famous soon enoughtotalmayhem will become famous soon enoughtotalmayhem will become famous soon enough

I have a pair of CDT qes 680
totalmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I'm going to pass on the CDT "Enhanced Sabwoofwr."
Old 11-23-2016   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 110 XR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enoughXR250rdr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR250rdr View Post
I bought 2 pairs of Anarchies and I really doubt I will ever get around to using the second pair. They're NIB. $120 shipped for the pair.
Pass as well?
XR250rdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Still have TD6Hs.
Old 11-23-2016   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Still considering both the Anarchy and AE mids, I'm actually working through my options for grills since neither of those come with grills, and they will be necessary for this project.
Old 11-25-2016   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
Still considering both the Anarchy and AE mids, I'm actually working through my options for grills since neither of those come with grills, and they will be necessary for this project.
You need to get that Russian guy that makes badass aluminum grilles to fab some for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement