WTB: JBL 1500 GTI - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB: JBL 1500 GTI

Also, to me the guys at Audiofrog are one of a kind. They are all legends in there own right. That cant be taking from them. They have produced some speakers that people are going after. I have spoke to people directly who related there very very high dollar system with it, and they have never looked back.

So at the end of the day, the choice is yours.

Huckleberry Sound
Huckleberry Sound is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2017   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 grinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enough

That 18 does not look right, the dust cap has been reset, maybe a recone, maybe not.
grinditout is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2017   #28
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 155 Salami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinditout View Post
That 18 does not look right, the dust cap has been reset, maybe a recone, maybe not.

It also looks like the cone is sagging quite a bit.
Salami is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017   #29

Rep Power: 46 RVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies Huckleberry. As always, full of wisdom and solid advice. I may try out the W15GTI someday... not right now, but soon!
RVA_LVER is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
It also looks like the cone is sagging quite a bit.
Replace that dust cap and lets keep rocking and roll!!!

Huckleberry Sound
Old 03-02-2017   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 308 LBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond repute

got two 1500 Gti and two 800 Gti - no way I will let them go. Also got 2 2226 and two W15. W15 have much more output under 35 Hz compared to 2226 and 1500 Gti, but they all sounds super clean. Im playing with GTI and only GTI from its first release in 1995/96 and Im not even think about change them with anything else. They also have the exact same overall dia between different series and fastening holes on all drivers have the same spacing and dia....so it is really easy to swap them between each other...

For Fast Moving Concerts
Team LB audio
Team Hybrid Audio
Team BRAX
Team SCB
LBaudio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #32

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 100 Elektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Sound View Post
Also, to me the guys at Audiofrog are one of a kind. They are all legends in there own right. That cant be taking from them. They have produced some speakers that people are going after. I have spoke to people directly who related there very very high dollar system with it, and they have never looked back.

So at the end of the day, the choice is yours.

Can the Frogs run IB since the same guy designed the GTI subs which can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elektra is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 PPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the rough

I've always wondered about the sub-40Hz output of the old school GTi subs. Is it a steep roll off in frequency response or fairly smooth?
I love all things old school as they relate to car audio and remember these being at the top of the food chain back in the day. Having never heard them personally I was always skeptical of their deep bass ability simply because they looked more akin to a pro sound reinforcement type driver. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just don't know how well it translates to the car audio environment.

Absolutely State Of The Art!
PPI_GUY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #34

Rep Power: 46 RVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Can the Frogs run IB since the same guy designed the GTI subs which can?

Well, I would guess yes. Especially considering Andy has a pair of 10" GB subs in his Mercedes that has that 24 channel amp and his DSP and UpMixer in, right? He has the subs in the rear deck... doubt he has enclosures underneath them. At least I didn't read anything about that... it's all IB. I think those subs will sound good in any set up. I ran the two I had sealed, I have a friend who is running one ported and it's a beast... if Andy has them IB then obviously they do excellent there too. What more can you ask for?

Old 03-02-2017   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

IF someone has some some of the 4" GTI speakers. Please let me know.

Huckleberry Sound
Old 03-02-2017   #36

Rep Power: 56 will. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI_GUY View Post
I've always wondered about the sub-40Hz output of the old school GTi subs. Is it a steep roll off in frequency response or fairly smooth?
I love all things old school as they relate to car audio and remember these being at the top of the food chain back in the day. Having never heard them personally I was always skeptical of their deep bass ability simply because they looked more akin to a pro sound reinforcement type driver. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just don't know how well it translates to the car audio environment.
I have exactly the same question..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
will. is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #37

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

No-one ever talks about the other AF series. Are they any good?

I'd I can find those 4s I'll let you know.
dcfis is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #38

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 100 Elektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_LVER View Post
Well, I would guess yes. Especially considering Andy has a pair of 10" GB subs in his Mercedes that has that 24 channel amp and his DSP and UpMixer in, right? He has the subs in the rear deck... doubt he has enclosures underneath them. At least I didn't read anything about that... it's all IB. I think those subs will sound good in any set up. I ran the two I had sealed, I have a friend who is running one ported and it's a beast... if Andy has them IB then obviously they do excellent there too. What more can you ask for?

Well it's an interesting option... I have the JBL W12 GTi subs which has a big magnet - it would be nice if a smaller frame can work as well

I had the JBL in a sealed enclosure and it was awesome... I sold it and now I purchased another 2 for a IB build in a 5 series Bmw

I am all about space saving and I don't want a big box in my car if I can help it

Elektra is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
No-one ever talks about the other AF series. Are they any good?

I'd I can find those 4s I'll let you know.

The Frog GS stuff is great too. I'm telling you, you can't go wrong with Frog if you want a solid sounding system.

Old 03-03-2017   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 grinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enoughgrinditout will become famous soon enough

I heard 2 of the 18's on an orion 250hcca, in the back of a mazda with a topper, running 3 way mb quarts in the doors.
Old 03-03-2017   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinditout View Post
I heard 2 of the 18's on an orion 250hcca, in the back of a mazda with a topper, running 3 way mb quarts in the doors.
So what happened ???

Huckleberry Sound
Old 03-04-2017   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Well, it was not the loudest thing I heard but, at the time I was impressed that someone could afford all that. Especially and not have a job. There was a guy running some Vega 12's that were supper loud and one of my friends had 2 12 and 2 15 on a orion GS 300.
Now if you would have put that 250 on the fronts and a 2100 on the 18's plus about 6 tractor batteries, that would have probably made you get out of the truck.
Either way yes it was moving the topper, that was when your mamma's on crack rock just came out.
Old 03-04-2017   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

And I had 4 dvc 15's on a 2100 in a CR-X with a Wrangler power products alternator and 4 tractor batteries 3 225's active.
Old 03-04-2017   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

Do you remember the JL tri-cones?
Old 03-07-2017   #45

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Any of the other 2226h ect been used in IB in car?
dcfis is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread