Required alpine pdx v9 WTB - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017   #1

Rep Power: 0 sapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enough

Default Required alpine pdx v9 WTB

I am looking for alpine pdx v9 preferably box pack . I am from india but my relative will help to bring it from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sapatel20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2017   #2

Rep Power: 0 sapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enoughsapatel20 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Required alpine pdx v9 WTB

Any help where can I purchase new and ship to us address ...actually in india its cost almost twice.

Old 04-29-2017   #3

Rep Power: 0 amb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enough

Just do a search man. EBay is cheapest, then Amazon. Didn't look at shipping costs. That amp has a known issue in it's wiring. And does not come with the remote bass knob. Use Google. I found all that out in a couple of minutes. If you found us. You can find everything else you need the same way. Good luck.
amb3cog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017   #4

Thanks

Old 04-29-2017   #5

Rep Power: 88 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

There is nothing wrong with Alpine V9s. It's an incredibly popular amp and has sold more units than most amps. Everything can have a problem sometimes but to say there is a known problem is wrong. There was a problem several years ago but long since taken care of. The Alpine PDX series are very good amps. But that also means that you shouldn't need someone on DIYMA to buy one or sell one to you.
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017   #6

Rep Power: 0 amb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enough

dgage Like I said. There is a known problem with this amp. You condridicted yourself. If I was buying one I'd want to know. Wouldn't you? Not sure why you felt the need to defend this amp???

But I stand by what I said. If he buys used. This may matter. There is/was a known problem. And if I owned that amp, and saw the same post I read. I'd be in my garage right now taking apart the amp. I feel this is VERY important info to know. Wouldn't stop me from getting one. As it looks really sweet, but I'd want to know. And not find out after I blew almost my whole setup. Which has happened. I find it odd that you feel the need to gloss over this! Is this personal to you somehow?

Anyway. To the original poster. There is a gentleman on here selling one. You are not going to do better then buying a used one on here IMHO. I buy almost all my gear for car audio, and computer stuff from these forums. And have had nothing but good luck doing so for almost 20 years now. Good luck sir.
The Following User Says Thank You to amb3cog For This Useful Post:
sapatel20 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017   #7

Rep Power: 88 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Because I have multiple Alpine PDX amps so while there was a known problem, a quality amp shouldn't be blacklisted for something that happened years ago. I also know of quite a few competitors, DIYMA members, and friends that use them. And a lot of other quality amps.

But hey, if you don't feel comfortable buying the Alpine PDX amps then I can understand that. But to do a search and find out all of a sudden that they are a problem and condemn them is a little disingenuous. If you had said I did a search and found that there may be or were problems then so be it but that isn't what you said.

But there are many quality amps out there so buy what you feel comfortable with. I have confidence in the Alpine amps and will continue to buy them but as mentioned there are many quality ones to choose alternatively.
Old 04-29-2017   #8

Please show me exactly where I said any of that. I'll be right here waiting. Forever!

I think someone needs a nap.
Old 04-29-2017   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 estione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enough

Can you elaborate on the wiring problem?
estione is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017   #10

Here you go.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/.../topics/306321

Sorry on my phone, and forget how to do links. It looks like a small thing, if you know about it. Seems to only affect some of them like they made them like that for a short while, then corrected the issue. No biggie to fix, but the guy who wrote the post didn't know, until it blew the amp, and a bunch of speakers too!!! Ouch!

Easy fix though. Thankfully. Really nice amp there. It would be a shame to have something like that happen to it. Especially if it takes your whole front stage with it. Yikes! I still want one though.

Love my PPI 900.5. But it's no where near as classy as that piece of work. Plus you can stack them. I love that idea. How cool would it be to have 3 amps hanging from the rear deck out of the way, and still have room to hang a dsp or whatever. Very nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to amb3cog For This Useful Post:
sapatel20 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017   #11

Oh cool. It did the link for me. Nice.
Never mind what I said. LOL

Feel like such a nOOb
Old 04-29-2017   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb3cog View Post
That amp has a known issue in it's wiring.
This is your blanket statement claiming a wiring issue.

Let's look at two of the most popular places to buy an amp from and see what the reviews say.
Amazon - Alpine PDX-V9
Crutchfield - Alpine PDX-V9

As many years as that same model has been out, if it truly had a widespread wiring issue that affected many, there'd be many more negative reviews, especially because upset people are more apt to post a negative review than happy people will post a positive review. A single thread 6 months ago with only 21 posts does not mean the amps have a problem. Alpine is good at supporting their amps, if this was truly a widespread problem, they would fix it at assembly AND there'd be a lot more complaints on the DIYMA forum as I've read about other problematic equipment.

I think it is pretty cool you informed someone about a potential issue. It would have been nice if you placed that link initially though so others could see the scope. I just think you blew this issue out of proportion since I know this is one of the more popular amps on the market and has been for years. But hey, free Internet and we all have our own opinions. I wish you the best.
Old 04-29-2017   #13

You think I blew this out of proportion? LOL

You my friend are in complete denial of the facts. I pointed out that there is a known issue. Is there not? Yes there is. You assumed I read the reviews on those sites when in fact I still haven't. I clearly said that by using Google I found out that information just by doing a quick look.

You have put words in my mouth, and completely overreacted to something that wasn't even said. You put your foot in it, and instead of backing off and letting it go. You keep trying to prove you're right. You're not right. Get over it. Grow up, go take that nap. You sir have a lot of growing up to do. Good day.
Old 04-29-2017   #14

Quote:
You think I blew this out of proportion? LOL

You my friend are in complete denial of the facts. I pointed out that there is a known issue. Is there not? Yes there is. You assumed I read the reviews on those sites when in fact I still haven't. I clearly said that by using Google I found out that information just by doing a quick look.

You have put words in my mouth, and completely overreacted to something that wasn't even said. You put your foot in it, and instead of backing off and letting it go. You keep trying to prove you're right. You're not right. Get over it. Grow up, go take that nap. You sir have a lot of growing up to do. Good day.
Maybe I did and maybe you're right. But you took one thread with about 20 posts on DIYMA with an amp that has been out for years and claim there is a wiring issue. My thought with those two points is that there was a problem at some point, not necessarily that there is a systemic wiring issue with the amps. And based on the reviews I posted, I feel there isn't a systemic wiring issue.

Have a good day, I think we're both done talking to each other and don't have anything fruitful to add to the conversation.
Old 04-29-2017   #15

Rep Power: 63 muzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enough

The amp that started that thread was bought used from another member here. So who knows if it was taken apart and put together wrong.
muzikmanwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017   #16

Thanks for your opinion and information.. i am in touch with person who willing to sale used one and claiming no issues in amp.. i will update progress soon

Old 04-30-2017   #17

Awesome sir. I bet you'll be quite happy with that amp. Powerful, and very clean sounding I'm sure. Alpine is very good stuff. And it seems they really took their time designing those amps right. I wouldn't worry about that wiring issue thing too much. I'd check it out myself if I bought one just to be sure. But I'd probably be wasting my time. I've ripped open almost everything I've ever owned though just to look at it anyway. So what do I know? Lol

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2017   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 178 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Here you go.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/.../topics/306321

Sorry on my phone, and forget how to do links. It looks like a small thing, if you know about it. Seems to only affect some of them like they made them like that for a short while, then corrected the issue. No biggie to fix, but the guy who wrote the post didn't know, until it blew the amp, and a bunch of speakers too!!! Ouch!

Easy fix though. Thankfully. Really nice amp there. It would be a shame to have something like that happen to it. Especially if it takes your whole front stage with it. Yikes! I still want one though.

Love my PPI 900.5. But it's no where near as classy as that piece of work. Plus you can stack them. I love that idea. How cool would it be to have 3 amps hanging from the rear deck out of the way, and still have room to hang a dsp or whatever. Very nice.

so two amps having a problem, with only one of them really, and you state that it is a known problem with the PDX amps. good thing you don't work for some government agency like the FDA. i can only imagine how many items/products would not be allowed for sale if 1 or 2 of them had a problem...

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017   #19

Seriously this again! Pay attention to what I said. It's me telling him to do a search. And showing how I found a bunch of info in a few seconds. I didn't even read the thread. Just did a quick search. Why on earth do people overreact to everything without even really knowing what they are talking about? Geeeez!

The other guy laid a bunch of assumptions out too. Read what I said. I said I found this info out upon a QUICK search. And you, like the first guy, assume that means I went into deep detail on the amp. Why? I'll never know. But again. I was just pointing out that he needed to do his own search. Because he could wait forever for someone else to help him.

This is why you should NEVER waist your time trying to be nice. It just gets thrown back in your face everytime. At my age. I should have known better. Unbelievable!!!
Old 05-04-2017   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 178 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Seriously this again! Pay attention to what I said. It's me telling him to do a search. And showing how I found a bunch of info in a few seconds. I didn't even read the thread. Just did a quick search. Why on earth do people overreact to everything without even really knowing what they are talking about? Geeeez!

The other guy laid a bunch of assumptions out too. Read what I said. I said I found this info out upon a QUICK search. And you, like the first guy, assume that means I went into deep detail on the amp. Why? I'll never know. But again. I was just pointing out that he needed to do his own search. Because he could wait forever for someone else to help him.

This is why you should NEVER waist your time trying to be nice. It just gets thrown back in your face everytime. At my age. I should have known better. Unbelievable!!!
trying to be nice or not is not the point. the point is you said that PDX amps have a KNOWN problem with wiring and you backed it up by linking to a thread where ONE amp had a problem. if you are going to state something you should have proof. to quote you -

Quote:
Why on earth do people overreact to everything without even really knowing what they are talking about? Geeeez!

you obviously don't know what you are talking about since you admittedly didn't do any research on the topic, just spouting off your uninformed opinion.

i have personally ran 3 different PDX5, 4 of the first generation PDX amps and 3 of the second generation - ALL with no issues.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement