Wtb Zapco Z150.6 LX amp - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2017   #26

Rep Power: 63 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wtb Zapco Z150.6 LX amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydee View Post
Maybe I should have been more specific... I'm waiting on Audiofrog to release their new DSP.

U sure Audiofrog's DSP is gonna have 12 channels? I can tell you the prototype one that's being tested by a few installers right now....doesn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2017   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 122 rob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enough

I want that audio frog amp/dsp that the owner has in his car. That thing looks amazing

rob3980 is online now   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rob3980 For This Useful Post:
Driver of 102080 (06-24-2017)
Old 05-26-2017   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 Got-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq2k1 View Post
I wouldn't let one bad report of a failed amp swerve your decision. Electronics can be subject to all kinds of weird situations and even the best made products can have one or two of the products fail. I am using my z150.6lx and a z-2kd with no issues. The z150.6lx has great power and I love the way it sounds. Just my 2 cents.
Not a failed amp... What is your serial number? Do you have the Plastic or metal gain knobs? You keep thinking this is a small problem...

Sony RSX-GS9 w/USB MOD / Helix Pro MKii / Director
(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Audio Development W800neo, Scanspeak 12m
Micro Precision Z series tweeters.
Illusion Carbon C12XL TEAM AUDIONUTZ!
Got-Four-Eights is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017   #29

Rep Power: 63 dsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Four-Eights View Post
Not a failed amp... What is your serial number? Do you have the Plastic or metal gain knobs? You keep thinking this is a small problem...
I am a little curious why you are not letting us know what is going on. You tell us you have issues with your amp, but you don't elaborate. Why the secrecy?

I did not know the Z-LX series had two different type of gain knobs. Does it make a difference?
dsw1204 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 Got-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
I am a little curious why you are not letting us know what is going on. You tell us you have issues with your amp, but you don't elaborate. Why the secrecy?

I did not know the Z-LX series had two different type of gain knobs. Does it make a difference?
When I get more details I will let you know. I just know the issue follows metal gain knobs and higher serial numbered 150.6LX. I have not seen any other models affected but I have asked anyone with 150.6LX amps to send me gut shots so I can try to narrow down when the issue started.

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Old 05-26-2017   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 162 crxsir121 will become famous soon enoughcrxsir121 will become famous soon enoughcrxsir121 will become famous soon enoughcrxsir121 will become famous soon enoughcrxsir121 will become famous soon enoughcrxsir121 will become famous soon enough

I owned 2 zapco 150.4LE's and a 150.6LX. Awesome amps no issues with the 150.4LE's,and the 150.6lx was working fine when I had it. For some reason the person I sold the 150.6 had a problem with it. Sent it back to Atrend for repairs and all is good now...
crxsir121 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxsir121 View Post
I owned 2 zapco 150.4LE's and a 150.6LX. Awesome amps no issues with the 150.4LE's,and the 150.6lx was working fine when I had it. For some reason the person I sold the 150.6 had a problem with it. Sent it back to Atrend for repairs and all is good now...
Wish mine was just an issue of function. It probably functions fine. I would not even bother to hook it up.

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Old 05-26-2017   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 393 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross.cottrill View Post
I'm not sure I understand where your coming from.these are as good as anything out on the market (priced even higher for that matter).care to elaborate?

I wouldn't go that far.

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017   #34

Rep Power: 63 dsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
When I get more details I will let you know. I just know the issue follows metal gain knobs and higher serial numbered 150.6LX. I have not seen any other models affected but I have asked anyone with 150.6LX amps to send me gut shots so I can try to narrow down when the issue started.
What is considered a higher serial number? My dealer said he can get me a Z150.6 LX at a very good price, but now you have me concerned about purchasing one. If I do decide to purchase one, what exactly do I look for?
dsw1204 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
What is considered a higher serial number? My dealer said he can get me a Z150.6 LX at a very good price, but now you have me concerned about purchasing one. If I do decide to purchase one, what exactly do I look for?
I hope to have an answer for you today. What you are asking is the million dollar question..

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Old 05-26-2017   #36

Rep Power: 55 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

Got-Four-Eights, I never said what you experienced was a small or large problem. I am just stating that not everyone will experience what you are experiencing from purchasing the amp as you have. As far as my amp goes, it appears that it has the metal gain knobs. Now you have me curious as to why you asked that question about the gain controls.
sq2k1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Got-Four-Eights, I never said what you experienced was a small or large problem. I am just stating that not everyone will experience what you are experiencing from purchasing the amp as you have. As far as my amp goes, it appears that it has the metal gain knobs. Now you have me curious as to why you asked that question about the gain controls.
It's probably the same as mine.. Does not have the caps in it they claim to have. Looks like some cheap cap that no one has info on. Zapco is saying they made changes because this sounds better and was going in the new LX amps. I will bite my tongue on what I think. All I know is I paid for certain caps in my amps and now they just modified the website so it doesn't show them now.

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Got-Four-Eights For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (05-28-2017), MrGreen83 (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 122 rob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's probably the same as mine.. Does not have the caps in it they claim to have. Looks like some cheap cap that no one has info on. Zapco is saying they made changes because this sounds better and was going in the new LX amps. I will bite my tongue on what I think. All I know is I paid for certain caps in my amps and now they just modified the website so it doesn't show them now.

Sounds shady Af. I am no longer looking for a Zapco amp smh

Old 05-26-2017   #39

Rep Power: 55 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

Well that certainly would not be a good move on their parts...that's for sure. If a product is altered, then it should be conveyed to the buyer as they are the basis for them to be in business. If you expect a product to be made as they stated then suddenly it changes without acknowledgement or telling the public, then that is straight up wrong. Now you have me seriously wondering about this as well.
sq2k1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Well that certainly would not be a good move on their parts...that's for sure. If a product is altered, then it should be conveyed to the buyer as they are the basis for them to be in business. If you expect a product to be made as they stated then suddenly it changes without acknowledgement or telling the public, then that is straight up wrong. Now you have me seriously wondering about this as well.
I waited to talk about it because I wanted to see if this was a just a mistake and maybe I was the only one effected. I was not the only one as I had hoped. Others have come forward who are very unhappy as well. I had this whole week off to do this installation... not cool. You can draw your own conclusions about the reply below. There has been no update on what caps these are. I know now ALL caps in there are this brand and my board looked like a 5 year old put it together. Every cap was leaning in a different direction and I had a flipped inductor which doesn't effect sound but makes build quality look bad. They removed the info from the site talking about the good caps they had been using but I have a screen shot and they still left the facebook page open.

THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT ZAPCO...

"The LX is an amp like no other! Only the best internal parts are used. Open most amplifiers... even “high-end” amplifiers, and you will find standard grade capacitors and ICs. Open an LX amp and you’ll find Elna Silmic ll RFS caps and Nichicon KZ caps, designed specifically for high end home audio use. The Op-amps in the LX amplifiers are all Analog Devices OP275. You’ll also find matched pairs of Sanken output devices. Where else will you find these parts and a car amp? You won’t! We tightly regulated the power supply, and the pre-amp section, and we put ceramic and mica bypass caps everywhere on these amps, so you’ll never have to worry about voltage fluctuations muddying up the sound of a Zapco Z-Series LX amp."

Funny.. that's not what I found at all when I opened mine up. And with Matt Hall's review of them you are telling me they felt the need to change this amp? On what planet does that make sense? How about the guys who got two of these only to find out one is built different? They claim oh they pushed forward with a change that was supposed to happen with a new LX line.. uhh what company would do that? There should have been a V2 on this.

Here is the reply to what I found in my amp......

John Borges First: I HATE SURPRISES. I was highly tweaked to discover yesterday that a change was made that I wasn't expecting until the new version of the LX came out. But don't panic! Listen to the amps!
I committed when we first brought out the new Z series in 2012 to continue searching new ways to make every run sound better than the last.

I spent 3 months over there with the Italians last year working on the new DSP and the next version of the LX amplifiers. We did a lot of testing on caps, op-amps, and other things to see how they affected SQ and noise. When I left we had pretty much settled on some new caps, replacing the OP275s with a new TI op-amp, as well as some changes that I can't share at this time.

Since then I've been consumed on the new DSP and wasn't aware that they decided to make a change in the current LX. But that change is consistent with the commitment we made in 2012. A new run of amps and an opportunity available to make improvements and they did it.

I will get you more info on the Caps and other items shortly. But we will continue to make changes as we find new ways to put better sound quality and reliability into our products.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. Our marketing and communication have never been very good and it is certainly past time to correct that.

But again: Listen to the amps!

Thank you,
John

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Old 05-27-2017   #41

Rep Power: 63 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

MrGreen83 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 Porsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant future

have you listened to the amps. you may very well be over reacting. i have 2 z150.4lx amps in my 911 and all i can tell u is this, they sound great, i don't care which caps are in them. i do agree with u tho that if a change has been made it should be a V2 model and it seems like zapco clearly jumped the gun in this

i would suggest installing and listening to them before trashing them and throwing them under the bus

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum (black), 2015 GT3 (black metalllic), 2015 991 Turbo S (agate grey), 2015, 1996 993TT (guards red), 1970 Challenger (B5 blue), 1968 912 (slate grey), 1967 Vette Stingray (elkhart blue), 1966 Fastback (gloss black)
Porsche is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
have you listened to the amps. you may very well be over reacting. i have 2 z150.4lx amps in my 911 and all i can tell u is this, they sound great, i don't care which caps are in them. i do agree with u tho that if a change has been made it should be a V2 model and it seems like zapco clearly jumped the gun in this

i would suggest installing and listening to them before trashing them and throwing them under the bus
Over reacting? You didn't see what I saw.. These are sub par parts according to others. I bought it expecting certain parts they advertised to be in there and I am not the only one who thinks this is a big deal. I had flipped inductors not installed in the correct orientation and my parts were all tilted in 50 different directions. I guess me and the many others are over reacting.. They changed the way the amp sounds.. that is a BIG deal. What about the guys who have two of these?

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Old 05-27-2017   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 Porsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant future

Quote:
Over reacting? You didn't see what I saw.. These are sub par parts according to others. I bought it expecting certain parts they advertised to be in there and I am not the only one who thinks this is a big deal. I had flipped inductors not installed in the correct orientation and my parts were all tilted in 50 different directions. I guess me and the many others are over reacting.. They changed the way the amp sounds.. that is a BIG deal. What about the guys who have two of these?
1st, who said they are sub par
2nd, i agree that the amp should be a V2 since a change has been made, zapco clearly made a mistake
3rd, cant comment about the parts and how installed, didn't see them, u seem to be very secretive about it
4th, the main man at zapco said in writing that they prefer these amps with this different x brand of cap
5th, perhaps they did change the sound, you won't know until u try them

like i said, i have no dog in this fight, but i have 2 of these installed and they sound great.

would like to see a picture of the internals as well fi the amp is slapped together like you claim

good luck but again i would install them and try them, my money says that you will love them

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum (black), 2015 GT3 (black metalllic), 2015 991 Turbo S (agate grey), 2015, 1996 993TT (guards red), 1970 Challenger (B5 blue), 1968 912 (slate grey), 1967 Vette Stingray (elkhart blue), 1966 Fastback (gloss black)
Porsche is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
1st, who said they are sub par
2nd, i agree that the amp should be a V2 since a change has been made, zapco clearly made a mistake
3rd, cant comment about the parts and how installed, didn't see them, u seem to be very secretive about it
4th, the main man at zapco said in writing that they prefer these amps with this different x brand of cap
5th, perhaps they did change the sound, you won't know until u try them

like i said, i have no dog in this fight, but i have 2 of these installed and they sound great.

would like to see a picture of the internals as well fi the amp is slapped together like you claim

good luck but again i would install them and try them, my money says that you will love them
My money paid for correct parts which yours probably have. You obvoiusly don't get why me and many others including some bigger names are upset.. I am sure YOUR amps are built fine. Only the 150.6LX is found to be an issue. He also said op amp changes which mien were not changed.. so they only pushed through part of the change? Combinations make final sounds.. its all very odd and with that said I am done.. believe what you want I will not be replying to this thread again.

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
The Following User Says Thank You to Got-Four-Eights For This Useful Post:
BlueAc (05-28-2017)
Old 05-27-2017   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Yes can we get a side by side shot of the Matt hall reviewed version and the one Got-Four-Eights has currently

Old 05-27-2017   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 ross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Man,if that's true then that's completely unacceptable!your claim about the amplifiers internal parts and what they are supposed to contain,are the very exact reason I purchased these amps as well.this his highly concerning to me as well.i believe that I'll be heading out to the bench to start my own inspection.fingers crossed,that I got the amps that all of the marketing and good reviews were about.i really hope something good comes of this,although I'm not too sure it's possible.
-Ross-
ross.cottrill is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 ross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enoughross.cottrill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
I wouldn't go that far.
Hey Captian,I was just merely referring to the high quality parts that were used in producing these amps.not saying they are the best period,didn't want to have any confusion.
ross.cottrill is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ross.cottrill For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (05-28-2017)
Old 05-27-2017   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3980 View Post
Yes can we get a side by side shot of the Matt hall reviewed version and the one Got-Four-Eights has currently

I returned my amp....I may still use Zapco LX amps built the old way but it won't be because of how I feel about the company. It will only be based on the fact they are supposed to sound good. Right now I wish I had kept my Mosconi AS as they sound wonderful and the build quality is top notch.

(2) Mosconi Pro 5/30
Old 05-27-2017   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
I returned my amp....I may still use Zapco LX amps built the old way but it won't be because of how I feel about the company. It will only be based on the fact they are supposed to sound good. Right now I wish I had kept my Mosconi AS as they sound wonderful and the build quality is top notch.

Can always rebuy them and go zero series this time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread