Home Audio: NHT SuperTwo & SuperOne - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017   #1

Rep Power: 53 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Default Home Audio: NHT SuperTwo & SuperOne

Product Brand & Model:

NHT SuperTwo 3 way floor standers.
1" Foster soft dome tweeter
6.5" Foster paper midrange, sealed
6.5" Peerless subwoofer, downfiring, ported
Made in USA

NHT SuperOne bookshelf speakers
1" Foster soft dome tweeter
6.5" Foster paper midrange, sealed
Made in USA

Condition of all items:

Good condition, an honest 8/10.
No major flaws or blemishes, nothing except hairline scratches and swirls in the gloss finish. Won't even show up on pics.

Total Price: :

$200 picked up.

Shipping Terms: :

Pickup or local meetup only. I'm in the SC lowcountry, kinda in the middle of Augusta, Charleston, Columbia, Savannah.
Auditions at my house welcome.
My zip is 29810

Pictures:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/U8mrqo]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Zr11VY]

Additional info:

Good condition NHT SuperTwo floor standers for sale.
Physically they're in great shape, there are no major blemishes anywhere. The few minor flaws in the finish are very hard to show up in pictures.
One of the grilles has a couple missing tabs.
Overall, these are VERY presentable, though not dead mint.

Mechanically they are excellent. Superb, powerful and dynamic sound. Very sweet, I listen to them for hours on end and never get tired. Surprising amount of low, dynamic bass even in my large room.
As designed, the SuperTwos had one small flaw, that is a 10db mid-bass dip in the crossover region between the midrange and the sub that's prevalent between 105 - 120 hz.
The fix for this is to bi-amp them, and that's exactly what I did:
I removed the factory 3 way passive crossovers, replaced them with the factory 2 way crossovers from the SuperOnes (the 2 way bookshelf version of this speaker), and added the second pair of binding posts for the subwoofer.
In this configuration, you're using the top binding post pair to play the tweeter and mid passively just as if it were a SuperOne. The lower pair of binding posts is connected straight to the subwoofer with no passive crossover whatsoever.
To bi-amp, you'll need to have two amps, one full range (or high passed) and one lowpassed.
Many receivers or better integrateds can handle biamping, but I'm actually just using an electronic crossover and set the crossover point at 80hz, where I found it to sound best.

My mods are completely backwards compatible, all factory parts were retained and if you wish, they can be put back to stock, fully passive 3way configuration.

The SuperTwos are amazing, compact floor standers with big sound and high WAF. At this price, it's insane how much speaker you're getting for the money.

Also selling a pair of good condition NHT SuperOnes for $100.
They've got the same exact tweeter and midrange (and now crossovers) as the SuperTwos and thus are excellent spare parts carriers for the towers, or great as surrounds / separate bedroom system. (They've got their crossovers intact and are fully functional).

The speaker stands in the pictures are Sanus metal 30", almost new and dead mint. They are available for $100. (I just paid $150 for them new)

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

1993 MB 300TE Wagon build thread

My Flickr For Vintage Hifi & Wood Working
KrautNotRice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 Tone will become famous soon enoughTone will become famous soon enoughTone will become famous soon enoughTone will become famous soon enoughTone will become famous soon enoughTone will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Home Audio: NHT SuperTwo & SuperOne

Any NHT speakers I've heard sound very good and are worthy of audiophile sound reproduction. GLWS

2017 Silverado Factory HU/Zapco OEB/PG ZX450/Alpine 3539/Bass Cube/Epicenter/ZED RA/Faital 3"/Type R 6x9"/PG Zero Point 5.25"/Alpine SWR-T12
Tone is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2017   #3

Rep Power: 53 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Any NHT speakers I've heard sound very good and are worthy of audiophile sound reproduction. GLWS
Thank you, I agree.
NHT is true hi-fi and very undervalued as opposed to popular mass-market mid-fi stuff like Bose and Klipsch...

Old 10-23-2017   #4

Monday morning bump.
I've put them back to stock, fully passive, in prep for the sale. No more bi-amping with electronic crossover necessary.

Old 10-25-2017   #5

The bookshelf SuperOne pair is sold, the tower SuperTwos are still available.
Auditions welcome!

Old 10-28-2017   #6

Bump. The towers come with black chrome hardwood floor protector cups as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread