Vintage Home Audio: Pioneer PL-510 turntable - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018   #1

Rep Power: 54 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Default Vintage Home Audio: Pioneer PL-510 turntable

Product Brand & Model:

Pioneer PL-510

Condition of all items:

Very good

Total Price: :

$250 w/ cart
$225 w/o cart

Shipping Terms: :

Can ship, do pack bomb proof, on buyer's dime

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

flickr album with more pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnXbBrN

Additional info:

For sale is a 1970s Pioneer PL-510 fully manual, direct drive turntable.
It's in original / survivor shape with a freshly veneered plinth in American walnut.
Original dust cover is very nice, crack free.
The feet are also very nice. Almost too nice, I'm thinking a previous owner might have replaced them.
Both speeds are dead stable, the cueing arm is very smooth.
The table is heavy at 18 lbs and sounds incredibly nice.
The cartridge is a Shure M95ed with brand new stylus. I like the M95ed even more than the M97xe that's on one of my other tables.
The original headshell is included of course.

There's some minor pitting along the upper platter edge, I took a pic of the worst of it (see flickr album). It's hard to notice though.
It looks like the small, silver trim ring is missing from the center of the rubber mat. No signs of a 45 adapter, either.
Overall a plain lovely 70s turntable in very presentable shape.

$250 local pick up in 29810 (Augusta area) or plus shipping.
$225 without cart but with headshell.

Local meet up possible. If you live within driving distance, let's meet up somewhere half way and avoid shipping.
Thank you for looking.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

1993 MB 300TE Wagon build thread

My Flickr For Vintage Hifi & Wood Working
KrautNotRice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2018   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 171 banshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Vintage Home Audio: Pioneer PL-510 turntable

Very nice! I used to have a pair of Technique 1200's back in the day when I used to DJ. I loved them, not sure if they were the SQ of this one, but this seems very nice.
banshee28 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018   #3

Rep Power: 54 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Still available, now selling without cart for $200.

Old 08-26-2018   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 176 mikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely beautiful. We had one of these in my home when I was a kid, along with a matching Pioneer receiver and some JDM Kenwood towers. I heard a ton of music for the first time through that setup. Lots of nostalgia for sure! Good luck with your sale!

6to8 Aero---B&C DE120 w/ID minis---B&C 6MDN44---B&C 8MBX51---B&C 18DS115---Gladen xs75c6 (x2)---Gladen SPL1800c1
mikey7182 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2018   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee28 View Post
Very nice! I used to have a pair of Technique 1200's back in the day when I used to DJ. I loved them, not sure if they were the SQ of this one, but this seems very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey7182 View Post
Absolutely beautiful. We had one of these in my home when I was a kid, along with a matching Pioneer receiver and some JDM Kenwood towers. I heard a ton of music for the first time through that setup. Lots of nostalgia for sure! Good luck with your sale!
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.
This Pio definitely plays very nicely, it's basically a manual version of the sought after PL-530, same motor and more. It's the only table I've ever had that compares to my Technics SL-1500 in SQ.
Someone will enjoy this one for many years to come.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread