Paypal Gift - Should you do it? - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2018   #26
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 61 jeffp will become famous soon enoughjeffp will become famous soon enoughjeffp will become famous soon enoughjeffp will become famous soon enoughjeffp will become famous soon enoughjeffp will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Paypal Gift - Should you do it?

You guys are correct, Fleabay and Paypal are entitled to charge whatever they want. I think their fee's are to high, so I don't like to use them for anything except buying stuff. I am in the minority I realize that, but as you both mentioned don't use their "service" and I don't as much as possible. Its the same old story, they start a service, and at first it is good and worth the fee's but after a number of years, they increase the cost of utilizing their service. Well for me it has become to costly "for me" I believe in a fair profit for time and labor, but when you are the only business on the block and you take advantage of that, I believe that is wrong.
I work on radios for fun as a hobby because I am very good at it. I like repairing that prized piece of gear someone just loves and wants to work. I don't spend my time and expertise to do free work, but I am very reasonable for whatever I work on. I have my primary work I do for my income and that is good for me.
Having been in the corporate world doing very technical and very specialized work, most of which I was the only person doing the work, and seeing how much the organizations I worked for charged for "their services" and how much they paid me to perform the tasks to enable the company to have the "service" in the first place, I really got a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing.
The only place I worked that I was happy to provided my services for low compensation for my tasks was the military, not so good pay, allot of responsibility, accountability, and very structured life. I was happy to do it, and there are times I have thought I should have stayed in the military after having to deal with the private corporate sector. I believe in making a fair profit from my work, but I don't believe its all about me and screw everyone else in the process. I hope you guys get what I am saying.
Anyway, have a wonderful and blessed thanksgiving. Here in America, we really do have allot to be thankful for and are indebted to this country, the best country on earth.
jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2018   #27

Rep Power: 70 Gump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enough

This is not a complicated issue. If your integrity is worth 3% do whats right.
Gump_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Gump_Runner For This Useful Post:
m3gunner (12-05-2018)
Old 11-22-2018   #28
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 35 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Hemi View Post
I remember the days of selling shit on eBay, and waiting a week or more for the damn money order to come in the mail.
That's some old-school goodness right there.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, Scanspeak 12mu mids, Scanspeak 18wu midbasses, Scanspeak 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, Scanspeak 10F / D3004/6020's (rear doors), Scanspeak 10F (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 122 rob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enough

I have had numerous ppl gift me the money and they have all received what was paid for. Unfortunately there are people out there who are scum bags and will rip anyone and everyone off that they can. If they don’t have a good trader rating I myself would not do it .
rob3980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2018   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 112 emilime75 is on a distinguished roademilime75 is on a distinguished roademilime75 is on a distinguished roademilime75 is on a distinguished roademilime75 is on a distinguished road

I don't see a problem with ebay/paypal charging whatever they want, it's a free country. Just because we all would rather get charged less for a service doesn't mean they're doing something evil and it doesn't mean we should bitch about it or scheme ways to take advantage of their services and not pay them. You don't need ebay/paypal to live and/or do business. It's a convenience service. If you don't like it, don't use it.
emilime75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2018   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 340 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is a tad bit humorous that people despise PayPal for charging 3% and yet don't realize they are paying the extra 3% every day on every item they purchase at any store or the internet, it is just built into the price already by the Retailer.....lol.

Gas stations used to have a "cash price" but not anymore (at least around me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2019   #32

Rep Power: 12 TheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enough

Has anyone used Escrow.com? It seems like a good way to ensure that the buyer gets his product and the seller gets his money.

Cogito ergo sum
TheLex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2019   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 178 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
In another forum I use, if you decide accept paypal, you can't even hint at using a different pricing structure if someone wants to pay with Paypal as opposed to cash/check/MO (such as the infamous increasing the price to cover the fees so the seller doesn't get shafted). There is 1 price and 1 price only. If the seller accepts paypal, they eat the fees, period.
that's one thing i always wondered about - how can those that own/operate a site with a high volume of p2p sales openly allow their members to violate the TOS of paypal? it expressly states you cannot charge an additional fee to cover the costs of using the service yet i see posts on all sorts of forums for "$X + 3.X% (it varies from .3 to .5) for paypal fees".

if the seller sets the terms (paypal only) then they should eat whatever fees they are charged for using the payment service they chose. alternatively they can be smart about it and add the fee into their advertised price (i.e. charge $105 for a $100 item). everyone follows their own morals/beliefs and i choose not to do business with anyone who requires the buyer cover the fee or a gift payment is used. if you are that hard up for money then you should be selling whatever you have as fast as you possibly can for whatever you can get.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement