3-way passive bookshelf kit (speakers, passive crossovers, and ports) - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Rep Power: 280 Justin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow 3-way passive bookshelf kit (speakers, passive crossovers, and ports)

Product Brand & Model:
Two of each of the following:
-Dayton Audio ND25FA-4 (1" soft dome tweeter)
-Dayton Audio RS52AN-8 (2" dome midrange)
-Dayton Audio DCS165-4 (6.5"woofer)
-Precision Port 2" flared port (full length, un-cut)
-Fully assembled custom-matched passive crossover with schematic
(2nd-order electronic filters with impedance compensation on midrange)

Condition of all items:
Excellent

Total Price: :
$170 shipped

Shipping Terms: :
Shipping included for 48 states, extra for elsewhere

Additional info:
This is my design, please ask questions. I'm selling because I've downsized my apartment considerably and don't have the extra room.

This was a fun 3-way bookshelf project. You get everything but the wood cabinet which you can very easily make yourself. The box you want is 0.55 cubic feet internal volume (net) excluding the port or the woofers. Frequency response is ±3dB from 35hz to well above 20khz. Off-axis frequency response ±30 degrees is flat to 15khz and ±60 degrees is flat to 6khz. Amplifier power recommended about 50w-100w per channel. These do not need a subwoofer and can very easily be used on their own (seriously the -3dB point is about 32hz). I even measured these woofers with Klippel if you really want it.

The enclosures in the pictures below are what I made but they are not included. They are also about 50% larger than they need to be so you can make yours quite a bit smaller. I can help you design a box if you like. I started to re-design these and came up with 17" tall by 11" deep by 8" wide with a slot port instead of the round ones.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
-My 2002 VW Golf stealth SQ build (an engineering student's perspective)
-Jazzi's tuning companion for Room EQ Wizard (help you tune a dsp)
Master's Degree in Acoustics at Penn State (20% complete)
Justin Zazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Rep Power: 280 Justin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: 3-way passive bookshelf kit (speakers, passive crossovers, and ports)

I'm curious if anyone is remotely interested in this kind of thing. I thought it might be more fun than trying to part out each item individually.

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Rep Power: 54 beak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 3-way passive bookshelf kit (speakers, passive crossovers, and ports)

pm sent

2013 Camaro SS/RS - Kenwood DDX9903S - Arc Audio PS-8/PSC - Arc Audio 1200.6 - Helix SPXL1000 -Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10
beak81champ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 63 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

How cool! Very tempting. Seems like a great design and bargain. Wish I had the cash and justification for it at this time. GLWS
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Thank you Grinder.

Also, no trades please. I am trying to downsize afterall.

Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 63 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

PM sent.
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

The "mark as sold" button is gone so I can't press it, but these are sold now.
Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement