Car Audio Garage Sale - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2006   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Mtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enough

Default Car Audio Garage Sale

Hey Guys, I was refered here by another forum that I frequent. I've posted a bunch of car audio equipment for sale over there and been informed that this is the place to try and sell it. I know this is my first post here and this may come across as being fishy, but I assure you that I'm really just trying to get rid of some quality equipment that I've been storing in my basement for the last 10 years.

I'm going to cut and paste the ad from the other forums, but here's the link to the other threads. I am a well respected, longstanding member of both communities.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=620263

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...threadid=22500

Some of this stuff is quality equipment that I know some of you will appreciate. Some of it wont get any attention here. Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking...

Thanks,

Bob

Alright, its time to get some of this stuff out of my basement. I used to be an installer back in the day and most of this stuff came out of my IASCA competition car that I never quite finished(and never left the garage). Most of this equipment has had very little use, if any...

Due to the size of the thread, I'll do my best to give specs. However, if its not listed, please do me a favor and just google the item by the brand and model number. There should be more than enough info out there as most of this equipment is considered high end and was quite popular. I thought I would put it up here and some other forums I frequent before throwing it on Ebay.

Dynaudio System 340

7-inch woofer, 3-inch soft dome mid, 1-inch soft dome tweeter, and 3 way crossovers. These did not come with any grilles, however, I do have a set of grilles for the 3-inch mids that will be included. This set has about 15 hours on it and is almost broke in. These were installed in my competition car that was in the garage for about a year during the install. These have never seen the elements. These are simply the best sounding car audio speakers I've ever heard. $650 shipped

Precision Power Custom Silkscreened System

Again, this came out of my competition system. At the time, I was sponsored by PPI and as a team member I was able to get my equipment custom silkscreened in any color. I chose yellow and silver on black as it matched the theme of the car(This would look awesome in the trunk of a Dakar M3 btw...) All of this equipment has been installed, but the car never left the garage. Some of the equipment was used for testing, some wasnt. The equipment that has been used has about 15 hours on it. If you were to buy this back in the day, you would have paid over $3500 from your local PPI dealer. Everything has been bench tested and does work. I will not part this out. SOLD All boxes and manuals are provided.

(2) A600.2 amplifiers 150x2/600x1 at 4 ohms
(2) DEQ-230 31 band/one third octave equalizers
(1) EPX-223 2/3 way crossover
(1) ACM-420 Noise gate controller
(1) PSC-221 Phase shift controller

Clarion DRX-9255

This was actually made by Macintosh, but since Clarion owns Macintosh, they decided to offer it as well and simply put their name on it. This is considered on of the best sounding heads ever by car audiophiles. 20-bit dual Burr-Brown D/A's equates to an unbelievably warm sound. Please google this for more reviews... This is complete, all boxes, manuals, parts, and pieces, are included. Only used about 15 hours! Preamp only!!!! Selectable amber/green illumination. $500 shipped. This retailed for $1500 in its time.

MOMO 10 inch sub(4 ohm)

Never used! $150 shipped SALE PENDING

Alpine CDA-7930

Preamp only!!! 4-volt output, cd changer capable, greenish blue illumination, sub control. $75 shipped

MB Quart 3-way system for the E36

Unsure of the model number here but these are intended for the E36 and come with a special grille to let the 4 inch coax mount cleanly in the front door. Also included are the optional crossovers. These are a higher end version than what came with the speakers originally. I forget what Quart called them, I think it was their Signature crossovers, I honestly cant remember. They were like $200 for just the crossovers. I dont have the boxes or the manuals, but I will include the original crossovers as well as the optional ones I just mentioned. Small dent on one of the dustcaps as pictured. This has no impact on the performance of the speaker, and can be pulled out very carfully with tape of a pin. $145 shipped SOLD

Sony MDX-U1 Minidisk player

Not sure how I came across this, but it is a refurbished unit from Sony. It will control a CD changer and does have amber/green illumination. Preamp only!!!!
SOLD COmes with the elusive Sony illuminated remote!

And finally, for you guys that like period correct hardware for your early 90's car(E30 M3 guys, Im referring to you). This is the Alpine 7618 with the external combination time allignment-2/3 way crossover. Also included is a 7 band parametric EQ and 6 disc changer. The head unit and changer have some minor blemishes but are in working order. Alpine called this their DIGIMAX system and was very expensive. What you see here would have set you back about $3000 in 1990. $300 shipped

If you have any questions, please email me, I will do my best to get back to you as quick as I can. I am on vacation for the next few days, so please be patient and I will respond. As mentioned, I am putting this on some other boards that I frequent so first come, first serve...

Paypal only. Please feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking.

[email protected]

Last edited by Mtriple; 10-22-2006 at 07:37 PM..
Mtriple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006   #2

Rep Power: 0 KingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Car Audio Garage Sale

Hey bro can you tell me abit more about that time alignment processor? will it do 3 way active, and so on. I'm looking for something that can time align 6 drivers individuly. Thank!
KingSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2006   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 169 dawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enough

That Precision Power stuff is incredible. Good luck.

CDA-9887... the rest is stock.. for now..
dawgdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Mtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enoughMtriple will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys,

King, they are 3 way capable with left and right adjustment. They only thing I'm not sure of is the crossover points. Let me dig up one of my shop manuals and see what it says.
Old 10-22-2006   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
electroincs togo
Position:
installer

Rep Power: 166 colaroaster will become famous soon enoughcolaroaster will become famous soon enoughcolaroaster will become famous soon enoughcolaroaster will become famous soon enoughcolaroaster will become famous soon enoughcolaroaster will become famous soon enough

if you decide to part things out i'd like to know about the a600.2.
colaroaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2006   #6

Rep Power: 0 KingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enough

awesome thanks
Old 10-22-2006   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 Pb2theMax will become famous soon enoughPb2theMax will become famous soon enoughPb2theMax will become famous soon enoughPb2theMax will become famous soon enoughPb2theMax will become famous soon enoughPb2theMax will become famous soon enough

That DRX-9255 is tempting, but I don't really need it. You have some good stuff stored in your garage. It's like walking into a good car audio shop in 1998.

Current ride: 2010 Ford E350 Party wagon
Previous ride: 2005 Toyota Tacoma
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832238
Pb2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2006   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb2theMax
That DRX-9255 is tempting, but I don't really need it. You have some good stuff stored in your garage. It's like walking into a good car audio shop in 1998.
Haha, whats up Pb? I remember you from Toyota Nation. I went by the name of "Choops". I had a lifted Speedway Blue TRD Sport....

Yeah the 9255 is a great unit, part of me is kind of hoping that it dosent sell. Maybe I would throw it in my new car...

King- I'll have an answer tonight.

colaroaster- sorry but I'm sure you can understand why I dont want to split it up.
Old 10-22-2006   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Here you go Pb, its now with my brother in Columbus, Ohio. I think you were near Cincinnati if I remember correctly...

Old 10-22-2006   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Bump for updates on stuff that has sold.

King- I checked my PTG 4.0 and it states that crossover frequencies are:

low, mid low......................32hz to 400hz
mid-high, high....................200hz to 10khz

low has a 24db slope
mid, high has a 18db slope

Output level control range(2db steps) 0 to -12db
Non fading subwoofer 0 to +12db

Time correction control range (0.3 millisec steps) 0 to 30 millisec

Hope this helps...

Bob
Old 10-22-2006   #11

Thanks Bob, is the x-over feature defetable? could you also tell me what type of inputs it has and if you would consider selling it alown?
Old 10-22-2006   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSVT
Thanks Bob, is the x-over feature defetable? could you also tell me what type of inputs it has and if you would consider selling it alown?
King, the x-over is not defeatable. This unit could only be used with the Alpine 7618 or 1310 as they are Digimax controllers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement