WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers) - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 DarkScorpion will become famous soon enoughDarkScorpion will become famous soon enoughDarkScorpion will become famous soon enoughDarkScorpion will become famous soon enoughDarkScorpion will become famous soon enoughDarkScorpion will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

Any interest in an MM250 amp?
DarkScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 111 sangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

Possible. Sending you a PM.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Arc Audio KS6026 / Arc Audio KS300.4
2 x Arc Audio ARC12/D4 Sealed / Arc Audio KS1000.1
Currently 141.7 db on TL
sangellga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011   #28
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 130 shawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enough

Post Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

Not sure if you are still interested in old school Rockford, but I have a set of 6.5" Audiophiles... mids/tweets/crossovers. These are the first version with the ND4 tweet, best tweet RF has ever made IMO. I have a ton of older RF I'm going to unloading soon. You have the first shot at the comps

Pm me if you're interested and I can get you pix & price.

Thanks

Shawn
shawnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 111 sangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enough

PM Sent

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 02-03-2011   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

ttt Still looking for M&M gear people. Willing to follow up on any lead!!!

My latest find. This was waiting for me when I got home today.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 02-04-2011   #31
WTS
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 144 WTS will become famous soon enoughWTS will become famous soon enoughWTS will become famous soon enoughWTS will become famous soon enoughWTS will become famous soon enoughWTS will become famous soon enough

I just sold a few M&M amps not too long ago. They were the smaller ones and an M&M Godfather 15" sub, all brand new. I'll check to see if I have any other M&M stuff in my storage.

Is there any other tweeter you would like to use? I have a lot of old school stuff, but have to dig it out. I have Volcano tweets, Hart Tweets, G&S Tweets, I have a few Old School Crystal stuff,4" Midranges, 8" Midbass Can be sealed or Freeair, 15" Fosgate Woofers I belive the the model starts with a "P" and they make the 4 and 8 ohm versions. Either way, I'll see if I can find more M&M stuff.

Thank You
WTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
I just sold a few M&M amps not too long ago. They were the smaller ones and an M&M Godfather 15" sub, all brand new. I'll check to see if I have any other M&M stuff in my storage.

Is there any other tweeter you would like to use? I have a lot of old school stuff, but have to dig it out. I have Volcano tweets, Hart Tweets, G&S Tweets, I have a few Old School Crystal stuff,4" Midranges, 8" Midbass Can be sealed or Freeair, 15" Fosgate Woofers I belive the the model starts with a "P" and they make the 4 and 8 ohm versions. Either way, I'll see if I can find more M&M stuff.

Thank You
ARRG!!! /wrists ROFL you are about the 4th person I have found that said something very similair. Story of my life always a day late!

I would have LOVED to have gotten one or both of those amps and I am also actively searching for another GF15. At this point I have located a set of tweeters for the install. I will be using a set of Rockford Audiophile components with the ND4 tweeters. That said I may still be interested in your RF 15 subs, if you would send me some additional info and pics. Also, I am interested in ANY and ALL M&M. So if you have anything let me know and we can try to work out a deal. Just shoot me a PM or an email. I will PM you with my personal email. Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing from you.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 02-04-2011   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 OldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enough

Any intrest in a 15" from (SEA)South East Acoustics? Same build house as M&M.
OldSkool_08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

C'mon people. I know there is other M&M Gear out there! Subs, Amps, components. Interested in Any M&M gear, in ANY condition!

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 02-19-2011   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Weekend bump!

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 03-07-2011   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 LunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enough

I have a pair of 15" Godfather M&M Poly series subs. I have owned them since new.

Sorry, I can't embed a link or picture yet since this is my first post on this forum. PM me for pictures.

Make me an offer that I can't refuse and I might consider parting with them.
LunchboxCritter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011   #37

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Speakers4Weapons will become famous soon enoughSpeakers4Weapons will become famous soon enoughSpeakers4Weapons will become famous soon enoughSpeakers4Weapons will become famous soon enoughSpeakers4Weapons will become famous soon enoughSpeakers4Weapons will become famous soon enough

I think I was about 13 when they was popular. What was the clear model?
Speakers4Weapons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

The clear cones were the Poly series but they also came in a black version. These were considered the "entry" models.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 03-08-2011   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 LunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enoughLunchboxCritter will become famous soon enough

I do not remember if the clear poly subs were cheaper than the paper coned speakers or not, but the order after that was black poly's, and then the rose series. I purchased the black set that I have new about 8 yrs ago from the man that bought out the factory after it had closed. He had all sorts of M&M stuff, including a pair of signed 12's that were signed by M&M's owner and his Wife Rose to whom the "rose" subwoofers were named after. I would have purchased more from him if I could have afforded it at the time.

These speakers had a lifetime warranty, and the company was so good about fixing/replacing blown speakers, no questions asked, that I always figured that was part of the companies downfall.
Old 03-08-2011   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchboxCritter View Post
I do not remember if the clear poly subs were cheaper than the paper coned speakers or not, but the order after that was black poly's, and then the rose series. I purchased the black set that I have new about 8 yrs ago from the man that bought out the factory after it had closed. He had all sorts of M&M stuff, including a pair of signed 12's that were signed by M&M's owner and his Wife Rose to whom the "rose" subwoofers were named after. I would have purchased more from him if I could have afforded it at the time.

These speakers had a lifetime warranty, and the company was so good about fixing/replacing blown speakers, no questions asked, that I always figured that was part of the companies downfall.
You are correct, I should have clarified that the "clear" polys were considered entry level but I was on the interstate and posting via my iPhone at about 80mph so........

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 03-12-2011   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 POLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enough

sangellga you must have a pretty nice collection of m&m by know.Man bro I didn't even realize that they made amplifiers.
POLKSTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 POLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enoughPOLKSTER will become famous soon enough

Do you have any idea what years that they made there amps?
Old 03-12-2011   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLKSTER View Post
Do you have any idea what years that they made there amps?
Exact years? Not off the top of my head but the PA series came first followed by the MM series. I do know the amps came a bit later in the history of the company so late 80s early 90s. I can tell you this, the MM250 I have is very strong, I have a 35amp power supply on my bench and it went into protect with the MM250 bridged to a Arc Audio sub wired to 4ohm and the amp was pounding that sub.

Here are a couple more M&M drivers I recieved just today:

A second set of Godfather mids NIB.

And a set of closed back mids, these were rebranded with the M&M logo but were made in Japan based on what I have been told.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 03-13-2011   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

When are you gonna start listing?
Old 03-13-2011   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLKSTER View Post
When are you gonna start listing?
I already have on my test bench and some in car listening of the subs. I think the GF mids are going to remain NIB, the closed back mids will be going into a pair of home audio towers I am going to build during the coming months.

So far as the subs. The downsize is that they require a large enclosure compared to modern subs and they handle considerably less power. The paper pulps are about 100-125 rms max, the Godfathers around 150-175 and the Rose subs 200-300rms.

Sound wise, the paper pulp drivers are one of my all time favorites. Very warm, excellent sub-sonics and very musical. The Godfathers replace some of the finess with spl (they did hold the world record for a short time and I believe they were the first sub to break the 150db mark) I plan to use 2, or more, 15" Godfathers in my Home Theater. The Rose subs were the last model and the 10s that I have use the same magnet and motor structure as the GF 15. Power hungry and loud but again a tradeoff as they are not as musical as the paper pulp drivers. At least to my ear anyway. I will be using 2 Rose 10s in my coming OS build in my Silverado. I would prefer to use the Paper Pulp drivers but I just do not have the room needed for the larger enclosure unless I load them Isobarically and sealed. To get the volume I want I would have to mount them Isobaric, in a vented enclosure. I tested this config on my bench and it sounded really nice but still I just don't have that much room. The Iso loading results in a -6db, but by venting I can gain about 3db of the loss back at the tuned frequency. In my test enclosure I tried several frequencies and 30hz was clearly the best but I needed a little over 2.5cuft. I only have about 2.2 max and that is if I raise the rear seat 1". Although I am tempted to try a fiberglass enclosure to see how much internal volume I might be able to gain.

Decisions, decisions........

I will be starting a thread on the OS build once I have enough progress to begin the thread.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 03-13-2011   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 joeymac will become famous soon enoughjoeymac will become famous soon enoughjoeymac will become famous soon enoughjoeymac will become famous soon enoughjoeymac will become famous soon enoughjoeymac will become famous soon enough

Ok I think you have enough M&M stuff now....

I vote that the rest of your findings be directed towards me...lol
joeymac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymac View Post
Ok I think you have enough M&M stuff now....

I vote that the rest of your findings be directed towards me...lol
LOL!

LOTS of stuff I still want to find:

Godfather 10s, 12s and still need at least one more 15" (have a set of 12s located and a set of 15s I am waiting on pics)
Would like to have a pair of M&M rebranded tweeters just for kicks
Still looking for ANY M&M Amplifier. (Even if not working!!!!!)
Would like to have a few other Roses in sizes other than 10"
Would like to have a pair or two of the clear polys and the black polys (Have a pair of 15" polys I am considering)

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 03-13-2011   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 66efisteed will become famous soon enough66efisteed will become famous soon enough66efisteed will become famous soon enough66efisteed will become famous soon enough66efisteed will become famous soon enough66efisteed will become famous soon enough

Pretty much a paper weight but I have a rose 12 that has voice coil removed and the dust cap is nowhere to be found.
66efisteed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 166 The Dude will become famous soon enoughThe Dude will become famous soon enoughThe Dude will become famous soon enoughThe Dude will become famous soon enoughThe Dude will become famous soon enoughThe Dude will become famous soon enough

YGPM on some Godfather 12's that I have for sale:

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

What is that white stuff on the back of those speakers?

Sangellga having any luck?

- LunchboxCritter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement