WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers) - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 111 sangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enough

Default WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

Any M&M Loudspeaker components and possibly Subwoofers. I would prefer the Godfather or Rose series but any and all would be considered! I am currently building an old school system for personal enjoyment and I am hoping to use M&M components along with RF, Orion and possibly some Zapco amps and signal processors.

I may also consider old Rockford Fosgate components. Late 80s early 90s stuff if anyone has any of these they want to sell please contact me with those as well.

This is a project that I have contemplated for some time and recently aquired a couple of very nice amps (a like new 225 HCCA, and very nice RF 75HD), and 3 different sized pairs of new and unused M&M subwoofers (8s, 10s and 12s - not sure which size I will use yet) and I am planning to build this system from the ground up building my own passive crossovers etc to create a very custom and unique system.

Once I have a few more pieces I plan to begin the build and will gladly report progress if anyone is interested.

Thank you so much for your time!

Steve
sangellga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 twistedfreak will become famous soon enoughtwistedfreak will become famous soon enoughtwistedfreak will become famous soon enoughtwistedfreak will become famous soon enoughtwistedfreak will become famous soon enoughtwistedfreak will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

good luck with your search!
i tried a couple years ago to sell a pretty minty pair of M&M godfather 15's and couldnt give'm away!

you dont see much M&M stuff anymore.
twistedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 111 sangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enoughsangellga will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

Sadly I know this all too well. I have had some success, but only with subs, absolutely 0 luck locating components. Still holding out hope though. There has to be some out there, just a matter of trying to reach as many people in the hobby as I can.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 01-06-2011   #4

Importer / Exporter

tomtomjr has some, he's a member here. Don't know if he will sell, but he has them.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #5
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
tomtomjr has some, he's a member here. Don't know if he will sell, but he has them.

TOMTOMJR has a little bit of everything....
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

I actually spoke to him a few weeks ago about some RF amps that he could not commit to selling at the time, but I do know he hangs around these forums as I have read a few of his posts. During our discussion back in November I do recall he mentioned that he had some M&M pieces but at that time he was not inclined to part with any of them. I actually have his email address with some links he sent me of some gear he did want to sell so perhaps I will shoot him an email just to ask.

Can't hurt!

Thanks for the direction!

Steve
Old 01-06-2011   #7
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

I have an old school Punch 45 with new wiring harness.. works excellent make an offer on it if you want it.
Old 01-07-2011   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 low2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished road

there was an m&m amp on ebay.......looked great.......just fyi.......
low2001gmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2011   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

I saw that amp.....and those M&M amps were strong but that one is out of my price range.
Old 01-09-2011   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

/bump

Have had some success believe it or not but still looking for M&M drivers.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Arc Audio KS6026 / Arc Audio KS300.4
2 x Arc Audio ARC12/D4 Sealed / Arc Audio KS1000.1
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-13-2011   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

/bump still searching. Anyone??

/crickets

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-13-2011   #12
DAT

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangellga View Post
/bump still searching. Anyone??

/crickets

CHIRP CHIRP

A little birdy told you to buy some CK6's from me and a sub until you find the stuff.

RF amp also
Old 01-13-2011   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
CHIRP CHIRP

A little birdy told you to buy some CK6's from me and a sub until you find the stuff.

RF amp also
ROFL!!! I gotta give it just a few more days! If nothing definitive by Friday I vow to move on.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-13-2011   #14
CLE

Rep Power: 0 CLE will become famous soon enoughCLE will become famous soon enoughCLE will become famous soon enoughCLE will become famous soon enoughCLE will become famous soon enoughCLE will become famous soon enough

If you want high-end old-school components, I have a few sets of a/d/s/ 320i and 320i/s. I realize these are not exactly what you requested, but they fit the time frame and are some of the finest sounding components ever made.
CLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLE View Post
If you want high-end old-school components, I have a few sets of a/d/s/ 320i and 320i/s. I realize these are not exactly what you requested, but they fit the time frame and are some of the finest sounding components ever made.
Thank you. PM Sent

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-14-2011   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Partial success.

8" Godfather Sub x 2 NIB

5.25 Godfather Mids NIB

Still looking for M&M Tweeters (or comparable old school tweeters), and would like to locate a set of M&M 6 1/2" subs, paper or poly. And any other Godfathers I might be able to locate. I am also negotiating a price on a single 15" Godfather as new in original box as well. Please keep forwarding any leads adn thanks all for the suggestions and assistance.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-15-2011   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

More success.....sort of. Keep the leads coming please. And I still need to locate a set of old school tweeters. Prefer M&M but open to others.

Found the mint Godfather 15 below posted on Craigslist with help from a member. Is LNIB...........

Will not be using this in my coming old school install but couldn't pass it up.

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-15-2011   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 OldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enoughOldSkool_08 will become famous soon enough

Good luck in your search for more classic old school M&M Gear.
OldSkool_08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool_08 View Post
Good luck in your search for more classic old school M&M Gear.
Thanks. Much appreciated!

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-19-2011   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

bump......still looking

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-19-2011   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 129 benhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enough

I used to work for an M&M dealer actually around the time they went out of business. Near the end there was some quality control issues but previous to that it was one of my favorites lines, along w/ Dr. Crankenstein, at the shop. Awesome finds and nice to see some old-school M&M goodness! Bump for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Their milk comes in bags, do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get and keep your used motor oil in a goddamn bag?
benhinkle711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Feels like Christmas Day!!!

Check out what the man in the Big Brown truck done brough to me today:

M&M 5.25 Godfather Mids

And two 8" Godfather Subs just like this one:

Brand new, still in original boxes WITH the M&M Warranty card. (Not really much good anymore but neat to see) I forgot how heavy those M&M GF Mids were! WOW!

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-22-2011   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 rezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enough

Cool Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

dam man thats just too cool,talk about asking the right peaple at the right time,I had (2)godfather 15's and the lil monster 5.25's just killer stuff back then,I had the 5.25's out for refit to larger pod, A friend stepd on them,still havent heard anyone say anything about these till now,but ebay had a huge auction on these about the end of summer i think, a shop that had about 8-10 pairs of godfathers & roses,but i just bought my Re Audio XXX 18's & my PPI PDX-10K, so as much as wanted these, I was jus to broke,but cool find man,if you come across more 5.25's give a diyma brotha a shout,there just crazy,cheers
rezdawgaudio72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezdawgaudio72 View Post
dam man thats just too cool,talk about asking the right peaple at the right time,I had (2)godfather 15's and the lil monster 5.25's just killer stuff back then,I had the 5.25's out for refit to larger pod, A friend stepd on them,still havent heard anyone say anything about these till now,but ebay had a huge auction on these about the end of summer i think, a shop that had about 8-10 pairs of godfathers & roses,but i just bought my Re Audio XXX 18's & my PPI PDX-10K, so as much as wanted these, I was jus to broke,but cool find man,if you come across more 5.25's give a diyma brotha a shout,there just crazy,cheers
You are the second person that has told me about those subs on ebay. Not sure how I missed them but I was really not looking as diligently as I have been the past month or so. You remember what any of them brought? Just curious. I have actually found several M&Ms the past month or so, I had to resurround a couple sets due to them not being stored in containers but is a fun project and the 10s look great after I finished them. May start the 8s today.

I have not seen anothet set of the mids but I am keeping my eyes and ears open. If you do happen to find any set of M&M components I would buy them, they are getting pretty scarce. Just keep in mind that the GF mids were the only ones made by M&M. The others, the ones with the closed back, were rebranded pioneers, so were the tweeters that M&M sold with their name on it.

Watch for a post in the old school equipment thread sometime this weekend. Going to add shots off all the old school gear I have picked up the past few months. I also had one guy send me a stack (5-10 sheets) of Letterhead from M&M, 5-6 shipping labels still on the wax paper backing. He is still trying to locate one of the old window decals "M&M Speakers that move you". Says he has 5 or more of them somewhere and will send me one if he finds them. I am actually going to have a guy that does custom vinyl decals make one for me in M&M blue for the back window of the Silverado.

Later,

2005 Explorer XLT
Pioneer HU
Currently 141.7 db on TL
Old 01-23-2011   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 rezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enough

Cool Re: WTB Old School M&M components or subwoofers (Perhaps O/S RF Drivers)

yeah that auction was up for about a month the guy keeped finding more,was a company from newyork somewhere around there, they sold between $75.00-250,I think they were all 15"s,Ill check completed listings,but thats a killer lil set up your gonna have,i have some orion cobalts, newer then what your looking for though,the only other of era amp I have is a G&S C1000,killer lil O/S sub amp,ran these on my bumbers & USD Audio 12's
good luck,
rezdawgaudio72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement