Alpine Europe 8 channel dsp with 100 watts per channel built in amp - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2018   #1

Rep Power: 33 BillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enough

Default Alpine Europe 8 channel dsp with 100 watts per channel built in amp

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/...rs/pdp-e800dsp

Shows to be comparable to the new pxe-0850s As far as tuning but 100 watts per channel.. almost looks to good to be true
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2018   #2

Rep Power: 33 BillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Alpine Europe 8 channel dsp with 100 watts per channel built in amp

8 channel output. Last 2 channels can be bridged for 200 watts mono to drive a sub. 31 band peq per channel as well as selectable crossover type. Interesting!

6 high-level inputs for OEM system integration
6 analog Pre-Amp inputs (RCA) for aftermarket head unit connectivity
1 digital TOSLINK/SPDIF input
Up to 8 speaker outputs with high power rating
110dB signal-to-noise ratio (digital input)
Channel separation > 75dB
USB Device input for DSP setup by PC
Wireless connection with separate module (amp setup) for PC only, or wireless audio streaming (smart phone or PC))
Class-D amplifier with fully digital audio path
ADCs by Burr Brown
Remote app for iOS and Android with basic control functions (Master level, Sub level, Preset recall, source selection)
Pre-amp output (copy from channel 8, for external sub woofer amp)
AMP

BurrBrown A/D conversion
Full digital audio path
High output power capability
Total power 700 Watt RMS at 4 Ω
100 Watt per channel at 4 Ω
120 Watt per channel at 2 Ω
200 Watt at 2 Ω (2 channels in parallel mode)
Advanced diagnostics for each output channels (shortcut, overheat, clipping)
Start-Stop Engine compatible
Load Capability: 4 – 2 Ω
Parallelized output supported
DSP

Latest Analog Device chip (ADAU1452)
Up to 8 speaker outputs with independent adjustable output level
Independent or linkable setups for all output channels
Delay on each channel up to 14,57ms, 0.01msec steps
30-band Graphic Equalizer per channel with configurable frequency, Q (from 1 up to 15) and Gain (-10dB /+10 dB)
Digital X-Over for each channel (HP, LP, BP) 6/12/18/24dB/30dB, type of filter (Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev) selectable
Phase Inversion (0,180)
Master Volume (0 – 42dB)
Sub control (0 - 15 dB)
Possibility to save/load up to 6 presets on DSP
Settings can be secured by certificates
Free adjustable analog routing (example: channel mixing for center channel or 3-way input signal)
EQ ON/OFF possible (for each channel)
Delay grouping for easier TCR adjustment (up to 4 groups possible)
TCR ON/OFF for each channel possible
TCR help calculation for beginners
Overview page for all settings
Live monitor (for battery voltage and amp temperature)
Turn ON by signal or wire
Alpine RUX-KNOB2 ready (master volume or sub level)
Additional gain on analog input (+6; +9db ). For sources with lower pre-amp level than 2 Volts

Last edited by BillC; 08-19-2018 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-19-2018   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 159 Lycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura about

that's cool! does it have pass through outputs on all eight channels if you don't want to use the internal amp on some things?

"you will need to use all 31 bands on the eq, qualifying a speaker as better cause you feel it needs lesser eq just means you're not listening closely enough."
Lycancatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018   #4

Not sure but 100 rms per channel and if you use digital input it's burr Brown and stays digital until the output stage of them amp. I mean each output can be lowered to match lower rms speakers. Or to one loc to get more sub power from an external amp. I'm thinking an iPad with toslink output and you're golden. A true digital signal processor all the way through the system with no conversions taking place until the conversion and output of 100 rms into a 4 ohm load... I mean geesh what more does a guy need????!?!?! And it's really freakin small too. Wow.... I'm impressed! Looks like alpine knocked it out of the park with this one!
Old 08-19-2018   #5

Clipping indicators... holy sheet man.. look at the specs. Can be controlled with a rux knob for volume. Why haven't we got this here in the states first??
Old 08-19-2018   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 117 EmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enough

Very cool. Wonder if we will get it here in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycancatt View Post
that's cool! does it have pass through outputs on all eight channels if you don't want to use the internal amp on some things?
Doesn’t look like it. Looks like there is a single RCA out for channel 8 for sub duty.
EmptyKim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2018   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 159 Lycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura about

oh damn, great for quite a few but wouldn't work for me

"you will need to use all 31 bands on the eq, qualifying a speaker as better cause you feel it needs lesser eq just means you're not listening closely enough."
Lycancatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #8

Yeah but the other channels are 100 rms at 4 ohm or 120 at 2 ohm.. I could seriously shed about 35 pounds out of my ride and have a better system. The big thing that got my attention was with a toslink input you have only one digital to analog conversion taking place.. And with 6 channels of 100 watts. That are fully adjustable as far as power output with 8 ohm drivers that would make for one hell of an sq setup. And it's the size of one amp.. I think they have a winner with this setup.
Old 08-20-2018   #9

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

"Pure Class-D technology

The Alpine DSP amp uses Class-D amplification technology: this means once an analogue input signal is converted to digital, it remains fully digital throughout the entire processing and amplification stage. With Class-D technology, an amplifier can reach much higher efficiency - meaning less heat production and therefore a much smaller heat-sink. This results in a very small, compact housing, that can be easily placed somewhere in the vehicle (205mm x 150mm x 50mm)."

Must use one of those new bit to voltage converters.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 171 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyKim View Post
Very cool. Wonder if we will get it here in the states.

Doesn’t look like it. Looks like there is a single RCA out for channel 8 for sub duty.
Holy smokes, this looks perfect for me. 100 rms on all channels and sub rca to run a larger class d for my sub duty. On my Volvo I could tap into the factory amp under the seat and run to this unit. My car has fiber optic running from the dash to the amp. The only option was to tap at the amp and gain a full range signal. Factory doors contain a 3 way set and rears in the passenger doors. I want to upgrade the front 3 ways, possible replace the rears and add a sub, this dsp covers all my check marks. Now the question is when can we get hands on this thing.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018   #11

Rep Power: 76 qwank will become famous soon enoughqwank will become famous soon enoughqwank will become famous soon enoughqwank will become famous soon enoughqwank will become famous soon enoughqwank will become famous soon enough

I wish I saw this before I went with The JL VXi
qwank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018   #12

Rep Power: 0 SAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know if the master volume remains adjustable from the head unit once this device installed (as with the JBL MS-8) ?
SAAK95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 165 metanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enoughmetanium will become famous soon enough

Ebay Italia link:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Alpine-PDP-E...-/262999743428

’14 Tundra: Pioneer AVH2300NEX - Helix Mini - RF 2-Punch 200x2 & 1-Punch 240x4 Trans.ana - AudioFrog GB15, GB60 & GB12D2
metanium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018   #14

Rep Power: 0 SAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enoughSAAK95 will become famous soon enough

Ok, thanks but the provided link does not give the answer...
Old 09-26-2018   #15

Rep Power: 82 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAK95 View Post
Does anyone know if the master volume remains adjustable from the head unit once this device installed (as with the JBL MS-8) ?
It says the RUX-KNOB2 can control master volume or sub volume. I could see running a second Alpine amp for sub duty with its own KNOB2, which would then give you master and sub volume control. Of course, an outboard head-unit would also give full master volume control.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018   #16

Ok, thanks for your feedbacks.
Old 09-26-2018   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 171 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
It says the RUX-KNOB2 can control master volume or sub volume. I could see running a second Alpine amp for sub duty with its own KNOB2, which would then give you master and sub volume control. Of course, an outboard head-unit would also give full master volume control.
I would also like to know this for sure. I would much rather use my factory head unit volume knob. I guess I just want clarity on can use head unit for master volume vs have to use knob for master volume like many other processors make you do? I dont believe my factory head unit give any volume dependent equalization which is usually the main reason other processors make you stop using the factory knob.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2018   #18

Rep Power: 23 Zoom_M5 will become famous soon enoughZoom_M5 will become famous soon enoughZoom_M5 will become famous soon enoughZoom_M5 will become famous soon enoughZoom_M5 will become famous soon enoughZoom_M5 will become famous soon enough

Sigh. If only they had included the center channel upmixer from the PXA-H800...

The line out is a little odd. One processed channel, which is just a copy of channel 8. I take this to mean you can have 7 channels plus a sub out or an 8 channel amp.

Last edited by Zoom_M5; 10-15-2018 at 04:59 PM..
Zoom_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2019   #19

Rep Power: 0 TTB42OLD will become famous soon enoughTTB42OLD will become famous soon enoughTTB42OLD will become famous soon enoughTTB42OLD will become famous soon enoughTTB42OLD will become famous soon enoughTTB42OLD will become famous soon enough

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

I’m close to pulling the trigger on one but would love to hear any views on it and how it would compare to a JL Audio VX8i. Thanks
TTB42OLD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019   #20

Rep Power: 0 cc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enough

This has just appeared in Oz. Looks very tempting...Anyone have any experience?
cc120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019   #21

You can download the control app and get a feel for it. I was very intrigued by it, but for its price i decided to go a different route.
Old 04-23-2019   #22

Rep Power: 0 cc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enoughcc120 will become famous soon enough

Thanks.

I’m intrigued by your choice to go elsewhere based on price - dollar for dollar it seems hard to beat. 5 channels of amplification plus Helix Mini with comparative features is more expensive here. What route did you take?
cc120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019   #23

Not when you choose to go with older class a/b amps and you already have a good dsp. If i were starting from zero it would make sense for me, but I am not.
Old 04-26-2019   #24

cc120,
I have it installed in my car; what do you want to know ?
Old 1 Week Ago   #25

Rep Power: 0 bozothenutter will become famous soon enoughbozothenutter will become famous soon enoughbozothenutter will become famous soon enoughbozothenutter will become famous soon enoughbozothenutter will become famous soon enoughbozothenutter will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Just recieved this amp.....it's TINY!
manual really sucks though...

It is very unclear if the parallel mode is only for 2ohm loads, or to double up power.
anybody know if you can use he software with a measuring mic?
bozothenutter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement