Bertholomey's Headphone Station Project - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2019   #76
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 188 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Bertholomey's Headphone Station Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ View Post
I have the focal utopias right now and love them. I've heard so many good things about the ZDS and utopia pairing but have not been able to commit to buying it.

I was enjoying a few minutes with that pairing last night - listening through Mumford & Sonsí ĎSigh No Moreí album. Completely enthralling sound. Took a quick pic to send to a friend.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2019   #77
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 SPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enough

I have the same stand for my utopia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4929.jpg (519.9 KB, 6 views)

Focal Utopia TBM/6WM /Helix DSP Pro/JL Audio HD600.4/JL Audio HD1200.1/SI RM-12
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2019   #78
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 188 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

That is so cool!!! I didnít think Iíd see another one of those stands - I like so much more than a lot of the other stands out there.

And Norne Audio cable! I have the Draug 2C cable on mine with the Rosewood splitter. Which model is that on your Utopias?

Trevor emailed me about the Silver - would love to try it out.....but I need to focus on selling my car amps and getting my install done.

Old 03-17-2019   #79
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 SPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enough

That's the norne einvaldi reference. I also have the draug silver and a full copper one (I will sell soon). I was hesitant to buy a silver cable but I love it.

Old 03-29-2019   #80
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Small update post

Iím checking out this little combo because we are having a big headphone meet this weekend. The rep from iFi provided this combo for evaluation - Wow! A lot of Fun! This would be a fantastic combo at the work place - the Focals and the Senns sound wonderfully of them.

Old 03-29-2019   #81
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 365 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

That's a pretty sweet setup! I don't know if I could stay in one place long enough to have a headphone station that nice, mine is pretty portable. I did build my own headphone stand though. This one is walnut, but I've built a couple of others with different woods, I started one in purpleheart that I never finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HF 1.jpg (1.16 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HF2.jpg (1.08 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HF3.jpg (1.17 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HF4.jpg (1.69 MB, 10 views)
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2019   #82
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Right On! That looks terrific, and it is more functional than the purchased stands I have seen. I work from home when not traveling, so I have headphones or speakers playing all day long.

Old 04-02-2019   #83
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

This is cross-posted from the Head-Fi forum site. We had a very good headphone meet this past weekend in Charlotte - incredibly beautiful day, good venue, good people, and amazing headphones!

I thought the venue was perfect, and I truly appreciate all the efforts Danny made to make sure this venue worked perfectly for our needs.

As has been stated already - thank you Justin for bringing such amazing items for us to experience. It is a very different thing to actually hold / listen to a set of headphones than simply see them / read about them on the forum and in sales publications. But.....it is always a blessing / curse kind of thing. I think that is why I kind of left abruptly - basically needed to distance myself from all things HiFiMAN :anguished: So.....apologies to Danny for not helping to clean up / etc.

That 'experience' of the Shangri-la headphones on the BHSE was 'other-worldly'. A truly remarkable audio performance. And then....enjoying the Susvara out of the Status and the Moth was amazing as well......putting me into a little bit of a funk :laughing: - not your fault Justin.......

Anyway - there seemed to be a consensus within our little tribe that these couple headphones represented a 'next' level kind of experience with the appropriate source and amplification (especially this).

The Focal Stellia was a wonderful headphone to listen to and compare to the Utopia. There were many similarities, and I personally like the aesthetic.

The PrimaLuna was an excellent tube amp that I enjoy very much - and so enjoyable talking to Alan.

I took some cell phone pics that I'll share - not nearly as good as the ones posted already.

The Venue:

Of course - it was an amazingly beautiful day - too nice to be indoors, but if you are going to be, at least listening to good music on incredible systems makes it better.

Tour around the room:

Chord Blue mkII transport/upscaler + Chord DAVE DAC

Blue Hawaii SE

HiFiMAN Shrangri-La!!!!!!!!!

This one sums it up......this is what it is like to be ushered into another level.....Chord Blue mkII + Chord DAVE + BHSE + Shangri-La. Of course, as stated above, the Susvara with the Cary Audio SACD + EC Moth was incredible as well!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to bertholomey For This Useful Post:
Notloudenuf (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019   #84
DIYMA 500 Club

Good stuff. Thank you for sharing

Old 04-05-2019   #85
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 bose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enough

Have never seen this thread before and didn't know you had the Focal Be headphones, will definitely have to take a listen to them in May if you allow it, lol. I also plan on bringing my MrSpeakers AEON Flow Closed and would love to try them with your desktop amps etc if you don't mind.

NVM: I forgot that Saturday is no longer at your place and I can't come on Friday night, oh well. I will still bring my headphones and DAP Saturday.

Car System:
Stock for now

Last edited by bose301s; 04-05-2019 at 08:40 PM..
bose301s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2019   #86
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
Have never seen this thread before and didn't know you had the Focal Be headphones, will definitely have to take a listen to them in May if you allow it, lol. I also plan on bringing my MrSpeakers AEON Flow Closed and would love to try them with your desktop amps etc if you don't mind.

NVM: I forgot that Saturday is no longer at your place and I can't come on Friday night, oh well. I will still bring my headphones and DAP Saturday.

I wish we could work it out for Friday night, but we might be able to do something on Saturday. It would be fun (maybe) to hear the Aeon Flow on the ZDS and then listen to the Focals. We can hook the Flows into the A&K DAP as well.

Old 04-07-2019   #87

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 50 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Stellar set ups guys!!! What does bertholomey think of that Aurilic? Want to sell that sub?
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2019   #88
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
Stellar set ups guys!!! What does bertholomey think of that Aurilic? Want to sell that sub?
Thanks!

The AURALiC equipment - the Aries wireless streaming bridge is an amazing piece sound quality wise it takes a bit of getting used to regarding the NAS, library, connection to the Vega, using it when not wired in at the home station, etc.

The Vega is an extremely good DAC - very well thought of in the industry. Of course, they have come out with an entirely new series - completely different aesthetic, and they have likely improved greatly on the hardware.

No.....I'll never sell the sub - my friend Jason built this for me, and it will never be for sale - and, it sounds amazing!

Old 04-07-2019   #89

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 50 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Thanks man, is that not your Rolex sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertholomey View Post
Thanks!

The AURALiC equipment - the Aries wireless streaming bridge is an amazing piece sound quality wise it takes a bit of getting used to regarding the NAS, library, connection to the Vega, using it when not wired in at the home station, etc.

The Vega is an extremely good DAC - very well thought of in the industry. Of course, they have come out with an entirely new series - completely different aesthetic, and they have likely improved greatly on the hardware.

No.....I'll never sell the sub - my friend Jason built this for me, and it will never be for sale - and, it sounds amazing!
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019   #90
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
Thanks man, is that not your Rolex sub?

Iím not exactly sure what you are referring to - the sub that I have in my 2 channel set up is the SI BM mkIV.

Old 04-09-2019   #91
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 bose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wish we could work it out for Friday night, but we might be able to do something on Saturday. It would be fun (maybe) to hear the Aeon Flow on the ZDS and then listen to the Focals. We can hook the Flows into the A&K DAP as well.

I don't want you to risk damaging anything by bringing it to the park or for you to bring it if you don't feel comfortable with doing so.

Car System:
Stock for now
Old 04-09-2019   #92
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
I don't want you to risk damaging anything by bringing it to the park or for you to bring it if you don't feel comfortable with doing so.

No - I was thinking more about you stopping by the house - that day - but that might carve out a couple hours from the meet. You may just have to stop by sometime if you are ever near Greensboro.

Old 04-09-2019   #93
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
No - I was thinking more about you stopping by the house - that day - but that might carve out a couple hours from the meet. You may just have to stop by sometime if you are ever near Greensboro.

OK, I got you now. Yea, I think that would be best.

Car System:
Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement