DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Let's see your desktop setups!

5K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  nhtunes 
#1 ·
Just finished setting up my desk with some new components and was curious to see what everyone else here has audio wise. I'll use this for reference listening, gaming, and movies.

My current system consists of:
Samsung 40" 4k tv
Audioengine A5+ w/ isopads
Audioengine DAC
Earthquake 6.5" sub (t-line enclosure)
Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
Xbox one w/ Turtle Beach xo-one headset
Gateway desktop PC
Att uverse cable box

Just got it all hooked up yesterday so I haven't tested it too much. Initial impressions are pretty damn good though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
I'd love to hear those 24's sometime. I don't really have a car system worth showing at the moment but will be doing a new install soon, maybe some of us North Fort Worth / Denton people should get together sometime.

As far as my desktop goes I'm just using a set of the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. They sound good for the price and I can't do anything too loud in my apartment so I've been reluctant to upgrade.

#8 ·
DIY desktop, Asus Essence XTX sound card feeding a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-1350s. This $300 combo sounds better than my car and main home system which are considerably more expensive. Highly recommended.

#9 · (Edited)
Laptop into DAC/pre-amp (used mainly for volume control) -> Behringer Vacuum tube pre-amp -> dbx 234xs crossover -> Peavey CS800X -> Focal Aria 905s & sub-out into Infinity 8" powered sub.

Sounds absolutely KILLER. I get compliments from everyone at the school I work at. :D

I just recently auditioned some Legacy Audio Calibre's a couple weeks ago at a dealer here in Texas. They will be the mains for my new desktop system. I put in a lot of hours at work, might as well enjoy it.

This is them in a "glamour shot"...

But I will get mine in the black pearl finish...like so....

Here is a pic of them in the listening room, next to their big brothers, the $25k/pair Aeris. Running off their Wavelet DAC/Pre-amp, into Raven audio mono-block tube amps. The resulting sound is sublime.

#10 ·
Order Placed! I opted for custom made magnetic grills which up'd the total, so I ended up with the Premium (not exotic) finish of Black Pearl, which looks killer in person. :)

They will look something like so when they are done in about 5-6 weeks.
(I don't know why this one doesn't have the glossy look---probably just a early demo/prototype)

This is more like it

The dealer was incredibly nice for covering the tax and freight! Saved me $600+!! Grand total $6300.

#11 ·
Here's my setup. Some items aren't in the pics.

Speakers: Definitive StudioMonitor 55's (Will be changing to Ascend Sierra-2's soon)
Receiver: Denon Arvr-S720W
Main Computer Monitor: Acer Predator X34
Secondary Monitor: Samsung 55" curved UHD 4K 8500 series
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 650's
Headphone Amp: Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball mod.

#14 ·
Well I couldn't wait. I won't have my order finished for weeks, so in the meantime I picked up their little brothers, the Legacy Studio HD's, also in Black Pearl finish. What can I say, they sound awesome! Yes I know they are right on the edges of my desk, and no I couldn't change the color of the walls! I will end up making some stands for the Calibre's, as they are a little bit chunkier.

New office is a little smaller than my other office, but I already started moving my stuff in so oh well. Can't wait for my Calibre's to get in. The black pearl finish is superb.

#27 · (Edited)
I may be a little late posting but here's a few quick pics. My desk/lab is always changing due to new equipment for trial or sponsor but I always have my custom 1200's nearby and really like these Mackie monitors paired with the M Audio 10" sub.

Now my F-150 and Sexplorer....they're decked out too. 6th order in the truck and (4) 15's on a c-pillar wall in the Sexplorer.

Best,

-LL-

Attachments

#29 ·

Does my workshop sb acoustics 17mfc and sb19rdc setup run from an Apple TV into a helix DSP mini and a genesis series 3 4 channel count?

it’s soon to be a set of floor standers with satori 9.5”, scan 10f and some tweeter or other... I have a set of scan d3004/602000 going begging... so may well end up with them for the top end 🤷🏽‍♂️

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.