What are you listening to today ? - Page 68 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018   #1676
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 132 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: What are you listening to today ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EqN2mV2TU

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QCjmZnUmM

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2018   #1677

Rep Power: 81 NealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enough

Came across LP recently . Amazing vocal range and some nicely recorded tracks.

+ YouTube Video

Must admit , my front stage struggles a but with this track. Man she can go high with power. See how you go with yours

+ YouTube Video

NealfromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to NealfromNZ For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018   #1678

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 61 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

+ YouTube Video
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Grinder For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-25-2018)

Old 06-25-2018   #1679

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 61 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

+ YouTube Video
Old 06-25-2018   #1680

Enthusiast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCalkGgumTo&t=546s
Old 06-27-2018   #1681
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 373 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Been listening to a "Post Punk" band from the Russian Federation called
HUMAN TETRIS that I would probably label more "Post New Wave". But it's got lots of simple driving rhythm guitar, catchy lead guitar, great driving bass lines and drums that keep you movin'.

The audio quality in the YouTube videos is just OK, but you can download Lossless WAV & FLAC of all of their albums from their Bandcamp page:

Human Tetris @ Bandcamp - Happy Way in the Maze of Rebirth, Memorabilia + More

+ YouTube Video

Eurythmics Cover from 2011...
+ YouTube Video

Full Albums...
+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

And because it's that time of year...just chillin' on the veranda with some good friends and a smooth drink and the full moon reflecting off of the cool Pacific ocean...

Summertime...and the livin' is easy...

+ YouTube Video

...maybe a few words lost in translation by the young Barcelonan, but that adds to the charm.

Last edited by bbfoto; 06-28-2018 at 12:38 AM..
bbfoto is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbfoto For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (06-29-2018), Grinder (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018   #1682

Rep Power: 81 NealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enoughNealfromNZ will become famous soon enough

When I listen to the first track I’m thinking Ian Curtis / jJoy Devison or early New Order., Certainly captures the early 80s sound.

Always like a well done Gorge Gershwin track. Her voice really suits Summer Time and it’s a great arrangement.

NealfromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to NealfromNZ For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018   #1683

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post
And because it's that time of year...just chillin' on the veranda with some good friends and a smooth drink and the full moon reflecting off of the cool Pacific ocean...

Summertime...and the livin' is easy...

+ YouTube Video

...maybe a few words lost in translation by the young Barcelonan, but that adds to the charm.
Sublime (and quite charming, indeed)!

...I wonder if it really is a translation thing, though. Intentional or not, she surely made it her own.

Here's two more extraordinary live performances of Summertime:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grinder For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-29-2018), bertholomey (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018   #1684
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 373 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
When I listen to the first track I’m thinking Ian Curtis / Joy Division or early New Order. Certainly captures the early 80s sound.
Nailed it, mate! Maybe even a bit of Morrissey and very early U2 as well? IDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
Always like a well done George Gershwin track. Her voice really suits Summer Time and it’s a great arrangement.
A few more very different but decent Summertime covers...YMMV...

bbfoto DIYMA sample tracks - Summertime by The Steph Johnson Trio and Summertime by Morcheeba with Hubert Laws

bbfoto DIYMA sample tracks - Summertime by Bobby Womack (feat. The Roots)

...Check out the breakdown in the last minute of the track with the two snare rim shots.

Last edited by bbfoto; 06-29-2018 at 04:04 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to bbfoto For This Useful Post:
Grinder (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018   #1685
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 194 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post

Sublime (and quite charming, indeed)!

...I wonder if it really is a translation thing, though. Intentional or not, she surely made it her own.

Here's two more extraordinary live performances of Summertime:

+ YouTube Video
I think this is a very fun example of musical styles and our reaction to them. This is an extraordinary song.....and there are likely many out there that have the view that this song needs to be performed somewhat close to the original rendering.....to embellish it is to besmirch it......

And...it is interesting to contemplate that some will love the first rendering by the Quintet - simple, elegant, sublime, closer to the 'original' and hate the Janis version......others will love the power, passion, rawness of the Janis version.....and others will really appreciate both - in their own way, in the amazingness of each performance.....Thanks for posting all of these!

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bertholomey For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-29-2018), Grinder (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018   #1686

Rep Power: 70 juiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enough

Get your credit cards out kiddies...

https://gnrmerch.com/products/appeti...loaded-box-set

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6 R Limited with Starlink - Helix DSP.2 - PG Ti2 1600.5 - Hertz HV 165 - Hertz HT 25 - JL 12TW3-D4
juiceweazel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2018   #1687
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweazel View Post
Get your credit cards out kiddies...

https://gnrmerch.com/products/appeti...loaded-box-set
That's a serious GNR collection! Curious as to how the Remasters were handled? Did they truly improve upon the original release, or are they brick-walled, low DR, smashed versions? Need to post this on the Steve Hoffman forums!!!

I'm hoping for the former, with improvements all around since they also went to the trouble to produce "audiophile" 180g Vinyl LP pressings with the album spread over 2 LPs instead of cramming them onto one like the original. That leaves much more room for the lathe's cutting head to do its thing with better accuracy, a bit wider FR and DR.

It is kind of nice that they conveniently give you ALL of the tracks on a 32GB Thumbdrive in 16/44, 24/96, and 24/192. Curious whether or not the 24/192 versions are derived by just upsampling the 24/96 tho'? Kind of wish these were MQA files.

Would be really cool to hear the unreleased tracks as well, but not so sure I'd really want to drop a cool Grand just for a collection of GNR tracks. And while it's cool, I don't care so much for all of the memorabilia stuff...I'd probably look at it just once and place it on the shelf until I'm dead and gone, haha. The music is what matters to me.

But I urge you to buy it JW and give us your impressions! Maybe import the tracks into Audacity, iZotope, or a professional DAW and see how they compare to the originals. I would truly hope that the tracks and mixes are actually improved by a noticeable amount since they're asking $999 for this!

Last edited by bbfoto; 06-29-2018 at 04:23 PM..
Old 06-29-2018   #1688

Rep Power: 70 juiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's a serious GNR collection! Curious as to how the Remasters were handled? Did they truly improve upon the original release, or are they brick-walled, low DR, smashed versions? Need to post this on the Steve Hoffman forums!!!

I'm hoping for the former, with improvements all around since they also went to the trouble to produce "audiophile" 180g Vinyl LP pressings with the album spread over 2 LPs instead of cramming them onto one like the original. That leaves much more room for the lathe's cutting head to do its thing with better accuracy, a bit wider FR and DR.

It is kind of nice that they conveniently give you ALL of the tracks on a 32GB Thumbdrive in 16/44, 24/96, and 24/192. Curious whether or not the 192/24 versions are derived by just upsampling the 24/96 tho'?

Would be really cool to hear the unreleased tracks as well, but not so sure I'd really want to drop a cool Grand just for a collection of GNR tracks. And while it's cool, I don't care so much for all of the memorabilia stuff...I'd probably look at it just once and place it on the shelf until I'm dead and gone, haha. The music is what matters to me.

But I urge you to buy it JW and give us your impressions! Maybe import the tracks into Audacity or a professional DAW and see how they compare to the originals. I would truly hope that the tracks and mixes are actually improved by a noticeable amount since they're asking $999 for this!
This is definitely for the most serious of GnR fans. I'm not sure I could ever justify a grand on this, let alone convince my wife of it's awesomeness though.
I'm not sure if they actually improved on the sound, but you would hope for this kind of cash they do the recordings justice. I mean you are talking one of the most influential rock bands from the 80s. I agree about the memorabilia. This is something you'd expect to see at Hard Rock Cafe, not my living room coffee table LOL. Now the records being a better quality is something worth noting. I don't have a record player but having this collection might make me want to get one.
So if someone out there REALLY wants to buy this then let me take a listen, I'd be more then happy to critique it versus the original discs

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6 R Limited with Starlink - Helix DSP.2 - PG Ti2 1600.5 - Hertz HV 165 - Hertz HT 25 - JL 12TW3-D4
juiceweazel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to juiceweazel For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018   #1689
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Kapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enough

Quote:
+ YouTube Video
That's good stuff, right there. Saw Medeski on Jam Cruise 13 with The Word. He got down with everyone, though.
Kapn.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2018   #1690
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Kapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enoughKapn.K will become famous soon enough

+ YouTube Video

At work through my full cans(MDR-7506) eq'd w/max bass.
Kapn.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2018   #1691
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
+ YouTube Video
Quote:
+ YouTube Video
Medeski, Martin, & Wood. Exceptional musicians! Love the funky groove.

But for whatever reason I just ain't a fan of most organ-based stuff. I really haven't figured out why I don't care for it? It just irks me and I can only listen to a track or two at the most before I move on.

But there are some tracks with organ that I really dig and that I could listen to perpetually. The Beastie Boys' album, The In Sound From Way Out! for example.

Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out! (Deluxe Edition Full Album) YouTube Playlist

I guess too much organ, or too heavy on the organ, is like too much cowbell, haha!

YMMV

Last edited by bbfoto; 06-29-2018 at 05:00 PM..
Grinder (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018   #1692

Enthusiast

Quote:
Medeski, Martin, & Wood. Exceptional musicians! Love the funky groove.

But for whatever reason I just ain't a fan of most organ (Spam)-based stuff. I really haven't figured out why I don't care for it? It just irks me and I can only listen to a track or two at the most before I move on.

But there are some tracks with Spam that I really dig and that I could listen to perpetually. The Beastie Boys' album, The In Sound From Way Out! for example.

Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out! (Deluxe Edition Full Album) YouTube Playlist

I guess too much Spam, or too heavy on the Spam, is like too much cowbell, haha!

YMMV
I know what you mean. While I really like most M. M. & W. that I've heard, the funkier the groove, the tastier the Spam.

+ YouTube Video

…well, Spam, eggs, sausage and Spam does not got much Spam in it:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

BTW, The In Sound From Way Out! is one of my all-time favorite albums.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grinder For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (06-30-2018)
Old 07-01-2018   #1693

Enthusiast

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-01-2018   #1694

Enthusiast

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-02-2018   #1695
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

The Roots @ NPR's Tiny Desk Concert

+ YouTube Video
Grinder (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018   #1696

Enthusiast

Quote:
The Roots @ NPR's Tiny Desk Concert

+ YouTube Video
Simply stunning!!!
Old 07-10-2018   #1697
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

DJ Premier & The Badder Band: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert...

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-16-2018   #1698
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

One of my sisters was a classical guitarist, and this is one of my favorite pieces that she used to play. This is a bit of a different arrangement, but fantastic in all regards, and especially if you enjoy classical guitar.

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-16-2018   #1699

Rep Power: 62 dsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enough

Here's one for you old-schoolers. From one of the best (and one of the most obscure) rock n' roll albums ever...A Space In Time from Ten Years After. The song is: "I'd Love to Change the World".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOCtHjQKySw
dsw1204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dsw1204 For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018   #1700
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 111 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
Here's one for you old-schoolers. From one of the best (and one of the most obscure) rock n' roll albums ever...A Space In Time from Ten Years After. The song is: "I'd Love to Change the World".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOCtHjQKySw
LOVE the song... Below is a cover/remix that while not as good as the remaster you posted is still fun--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEh...&frags=pl%2Cwn

"THE BASS OF THE PEOPLE IS THE GOD OF GOD"
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement