2/0 gauge OFC-ALMOST FREE!!! - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013   #26
ANT
Upgrade Your Membership!
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 400 ANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: 2/0 gauge OFC-ALMOST FREE!!!

I am not sure I understand the frustration here.
The copper IS 100% copper (or rather 99.96%), then it is coating with a thin layer of tin for corrosion protection.
There is 99.96+% copper, then there is 99.96+% copper which is tinned.
There are some products that use CCA mixed in with the copper to off set costs. in some cases 30%, in other cases as much as 70%. The FA stuff has absolutely zero aluminum and the copper is 99.96% (industry 100%) copper.
If you are upset because we did not disclose that it was tinned, please realize I was unaware that it was tinned when I posted the product on the site, and I just added it now. That was my mistake.

You are correct, the jacket is thick, but the rating is based on the gauge of the wire, not the pvc as explained in this video:
DIYMA.com Funkin' Audio 00 awg Cable - YouTube

As far as being 0 or 00 awg, check post 11 in this very thread where he did the math
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1832022-post11.html

And as far as "getting what you pay for" I'll disagree.
That phrase is commonly used to insult inexpensive (and cheaply made) things, but unless you examine and compare the example product to the prices of other product of similar quality, it is kind of a baseless claim. You might be disappointed because the product is tinned, or has a thick jacket but you need to compare things:

Someone in this thread said this wire was bigger than Knu Kolossus, which is 0 awg, and sells for $3.95 psf.
That would make 25 square feet of KK $98.75 plus shipping. You paid half that.

So in essence, you did not get what you paid for, you got one hell of a deal.

In either case, Send it back and I will give you a full refund. Product price and the shipping you paid when you purchased it.

ANT
ANT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 144 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, I don't understand the gripe against Tinned OFC Stranded Copper. If you think for a second that there's a massive voltage fluctuation due to Pure Copper, guess again. Ask yourself this question:
What Metal(s) compose the Battery Terminals on the posts?
robert_wrath is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2013   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 127 SACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond reputeSACRAMANIAC916 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
I am not sure I understand the frustration here.
The copper IS 100% copper (or rather 99.96%), then it is coating with a thin layer of tin for corrosion protection.
There is 99.96+% copper, then there is 99.96+% copper which is tinned.
There are some products that use CCA mixed in with the copper to off set costs. in some cases 30%, in other cases as much as 70%. This stuff has absolutely zero aluminum.
If you are upset because we did not disclose that it was tinned, please realize I was unaware that it was tinned when I posted the product on the site, and I just added it now.

The jacket is thick, but the rating is based on the gauge of the wire, not the pvc as explained in this video:
DIYMA.com Funkin' Audio 00 awg Cable - YouTube

As far as being 0 or 00 awg, check post 11 in this very thread where he did the math
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1832022-post11.html

And as far as "getting what you pay for" you are incorrect.
That phrase is commonly used to insult inexpensive things, but unles you examine and compare the example product to the prices of other product of similar quality, it is a baseless claim. You might be disappointed because the product is tinnned, or has a thick jacket but you need to compare things:

Someone in this thread said this wire was bigger than Knu Kolossus, which is 0 awg, and sells for $.3.95 psf.
That would make 25 square feet of KK $98.75 plus shipping. You paid half that.

So in essence, you did not get what you paid for, you got one hell of a deal.

In either case, Send it back and I will give you a full refund. Product price and the shipping you paid when you purchased it.

ANT
No insults were intended! If my previous posts seem that way I truly apologize! I've seen the videos and gave it a lot of thought before buying the wire and I still believe its a hell of a deal. Other brands of CCA would have cost that much or more! I agree with you on that. The videos did a great job explaining what the FA wire is all about. I'm sure you honestly didn't know about the wire being tinned or else you would have stated that! No prob! I began to second guess my purchase when I thought it may have been something else besides OFC and another member agreed. I hate buying things and not being told the full truth about the product! But in this case, I understand that you honestly didn't know and were even kind enough to offer a refund plus the shipping costs! I greatly appreciate that! It really means a lot!

I will surrender with no shame! Again, I apologize for any statements posted that may have seemed insulting. The "Pay what ya get for" was kind of taken the wrong way. It was not used to describe the wire as inexpensive or cheap. I could make some analogies but I have a feeling someone will try to twist it and cause me to do more typing!

BTW: After doing some quick online research, I learned that theres not really that much of a difference between 100% OFC vs. the Tinned OFC here. Just my opinion. Do your own research.
**I'm not trying to start a full war of "which is better wire" so just decide for yourself**

Last edited by SACRAMANIAC916; 03-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: spelling
SACRAMANIAC916 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013   #29

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,845 Times in 1,276 Posts
Rep Power: 458 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhh that explains it. I thought it was aluminum with a little bit of copper mixed in

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
SkizeR is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 EriCCirE will become famous soon enoughEriCCirE will become famous soon enoughEriCCirE will become famous soon enoughEriCCirE will become famous soon enoughEriCCirE will become famous soon enoughEriCCirE will become famous soon enough

Raising the price to offset the upcoming sale?
EriCCirE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013   #31
ANT
Upgrade Your Membership!
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 400 ANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EriCCirE View Post
Raising the price to offset the upcoming sale?
Once we go down under 30 rolls we railed the prices by $10.
That happened before we decided to have the sale.

We only have a limited amount of these left now and plan on increasing prices once we hit 30. WHich we are under

ANT
Old 03-25-2013   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 141 jpsandberg will become famous soon enoughjpsandberg will become famous soon enoughjpsandberg will become famous soon enoughjpsandberg will become famous soon enoughjpsandberg will become famous soon enoughjpsandberg will become famous soon enough

I realized I've posted on a few of these threads now, but I need one of these too if you have any left. Please PM me on these and the new Dope RCA cables if you can. Thanks
jpsandberg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 ugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enough

Any more of these?

Car: Pioneer P99rs - Mosconi 300.2 - Mcintosh MC431 - Sinfoni 150.2x - DD 3518
Home: Yamaha RXA3010 | Emotiva XPA-5 x 2 | Emotiva ERT-8.3 | Emotiva ERM-6.3 | Emotiva ERD-1 x 4
ugnlol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013   #34
ANT
Upgrade Your Membership!
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugnlol View Post
Any more of these?
Nope.. they all sold out very fast..
ANT
Old 05-21-2013   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 144 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

Peeps were killin each other to snag a spool of these.
robert_wrath is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement