The latest Funkin sale? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 95BlackGA will become famous soon enough95BlackGA will become famous soon enough95BlackGA will become famous soon enough95BlackGA will become famous soon enough95BlackGA will become famous soon enough95BlackGA will become famous soon enough

Default The latest Funkin sale?

Just wondering how many people actually got the chance to secure a purchase on the 90% off Funkin Audio sale? I was able to get 4 SX 12's. Big question for those that did get the chance to purchase some, is your order still processing? Mine is unfortunately.
95BlackGA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014   #2
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 309 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: The latest Funkin sale?

whats that mean? cause i have a friend who needs a cheap sub for mud truck

The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result when your beliefs run counter to your behaviors and/or new information that is presented to you
JAX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Jax, DIYMA is selling their Funkin audio stock for 90% off. You should have gotten an email from them with link to the site. I'll see of I still have it

Golden Ear is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Just tried pulling it up...nothing there. They might have sold em all

Golden Ear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 elprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enough

When I went looking on the evening of the first day of the sale there were none available then, so whatever stock was left didn't last too long.
elprup is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014   #6
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 309 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks anyhow

The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result when your beliefs run counter to your behaviors and/or new information that is presented to you
Old 09-17-2014   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 elprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enoughelprup will become famous soon enough

For cheap options, your friend could go Pyle. PL1290BL or the even cheaper PLW12BL. Amazon is an option for them. They both have a QTS of .7x and FSs in the mid 20s so they could be good infinite baffle candidates but unfortunately I doubt his truck would be a good candidate for an IB installation.
Old 09-17-2014   #8
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprup View Post
For cheap options, your friend could go Pyle. PL1290BL or the even cheaper PLW12BL. Amazon is an option for them. They both have a QTS of .7x and FSs in the mid 20s so they could be good infinite baffle candidates but unfortunately I doubt his truck would be a good candidate for an IB installation.
thanks but def not IB. I should have jumped on these when I saw it but since I am not installing a system in new car it slipped my mind at the time .

Old 09-17-2014   #9

Rep Power: 0 adff2k6 will become famous soon enoughadff2k6 will become famous soon enoughadff2k6 will become famous soon enoughadff2k6 will become famous soon enoughadff2k6 will become famous soon enoughadff2k6 will become famous soon enough

i got 2 SL 12s for $63 shipped. very excited. im new to all of this though, could anyone tell me about box size for these subs? are there decent, cheap prefab options?

also, i am going try to buy the SI TM65 woofers and those nice tweeters the other guy is doing the group buy with to have a very nice diyma.com build
adff2k6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

WINISD says over 11 cubic feet for one sub. Perhaps you should try them in an infinite baffle (free-air...i.e. no box) arrangement. You just need to separate the front of the cones from the backs so the sound waves coming from each side remain isolated from one another. The simplest way to accomplish this would be to mount them to your rear deck somehow (also, remove your other speakers if they're there). It'll take a little more effort than, say, finding eight bolts and simply bolting them to your rear deck. They'll need to be spaced away from your rear deck slightly so the front cone excursion won't be impeded...and remember, the fronts need isolated from the backs as much as you can feasibly get them. Your rear deck probably isn't flat, so it's going to take a little creativity on your part for mounting and isolating.

If you go this route their power handling ability will be reduced, so don't feed them massive amounts of power.

If you wind up doing this, please reply with your feedback on how it worked out for you. I was going to pick up a couple SX 12s and try an IB install myself but they didn't last long enough for me to get them.
Old 09-30-2014   #11

Rep Power: 0 phantom240 will become famous soon enoughphantom240 will become famous soon enoughphantom240 will become famous soon enoughphantom240 will become famous soon enoughphantom240 will become famous soon enoughphantom240 will become famous soon enough

Subs were listed on the site as DVC 4 ohm, but arrived labeled as DVC 2 ohm. Anyone else have this issue? Would have liked to have known this beforehand, so I could get an amp that makes it's power at 2 ohms instead of 1.
phantom240 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement